Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    IMHO Piskor's best retcon were the Madelyne/Lee thing (which I think strengthened her relationship with Scott) and Prof X being crippled on the same event as his brother becomes Juggernaut (Lucifer adds nothing to the overall story).

On Storm's offer to the Morlocks, I view as positive too. She is supposed to be a great leader but her tenure leading the X-Men is full of missteps and strange decisions. She clearly failed the Morlocks and oversaw the dismantling of the team since Fall of the Mutants. It's arguable that calling her a great leader doesn't make sense IN-STORY. So, any retcon that tries to show some quality to her leadership is positive to me.
    The Lee/Madelyne retcon does make a lot more sense especially since Lee doesn't really figure into any further storylines. I think he's done a good job wading through the issues and developing a coherent narrative so far. I'm not 100% sold on all of the changes, but it does make it more digestible and understandable in relation to the overall story he is telling.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I see everyone here is pretty pissed about Days Of Future Past - I assumed that he was laying the groundwork for it, and he will explore it in the last issue. That way the time travel will happen chronologically

I still believe swapping Kelly for another politician will remain the case though... :/

...but i love the idea of making the regular timeline affected by the assassination, and endcapping this story with Kitty trying to change it. I think this story method should increase the payoff...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I just read some preview panels in BC...OMGODDESS! That dialogue is vomitous. If that's his personal take/gist of what happened and how it happened then all it's good for is a laugh (seriously, I'm getting absolute comedy vibes from it) and you are better off reading the original stories in trade.
    Plus...I personally think his art is uglyAF!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-28-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Default X-Men Grand Design X-tinction #2 Piskor Variant

X-Men Grand Design X-tinction #2 Piskor Variant

APR190901_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...iskor-variant/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I just read some preview panels in BC...OMGODDESS! That dialogue is vomitous. If that's his personal take/gist of what happened and how it happened then all it's good for is a laugh (seriously, I'm getting absolute comedy vibes from it) and you are better off reading the original stories in trade.
    Each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would like to know what dialogue you are referring to with your opinion.

Like honestly want to know, not want to fight you about it lol.

(Althought I actually really love the art)

The Scott/Ororo dialogue specifically...and..."bonk"?
    It sounds over the top and OOC. Even the caption box mentioning the Maddie retcon...

I get that this is just his personal interpretation of how the X-stories played out and the X-Office just let him run with it because it's "Piskor" but...along with his art style, this somewhat skewed, condensed retelling might be entertaining for some but it's just not for me.

Okay just wanted to know what other opinions were about this book.

Personally I don't see anything egregious considering the source material, I think it's fun.

I loved it, but now I’ve read this thread I know it is worse than Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post

Personally I don't see anything egregious considering the source material, I think it's fun.
    I think it's meant to be...fun and just a bit silly and not be taken too seriously...It is Piskor after all.
    And as such...a success.

okay I'm no purist but today's issue kind of jumped the shark for me lollllll...

let's face it, X-men history is a tangled mess, any effort to make sense of things it fun for me.

It's still salvageable, I think the next one can make sense of this!... but glossing over ... a lot more, in favor of keeping what he did this time around...idk
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 05-29-2019 at 12:26 PM.

He completely skipped over Claremont's first Genoshen story...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    He completely skipped over Claremont's first Genoshen story...
    I know, I think he's gonna do it in the next one?...I mean, I get that he's gonna use flashbacks too but...idk man

The whole time I was like Where is Magneto? because I know what he's up to is more interesting lol

Is it just me or was this the Maddie Show? wth

she has had more lines than Jean lol

I know, I think he's gonna do it in the next one?...I mean, I get that he's gonna use flashbacks too but...idk man

The whole time I was like Where is Magneto? because I know what he's up to is more interesting lol

Is it just me or was this the Maddie Show? wth

she has had more lines than Jean lol
    The other odd thing I noticed is Rogue is wearing her Jim Lee costume more than 5 years before it was introduced.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

By the reactions, I'm glad I skipped this. Ever since the first one, it was clear this guy is terrible at dialogue and characterization, oversimplifies stories, and completely hates Cyclops, and this looks a version of this on steroids.