Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    So what? Lol. Let people discuss it if they want. It’s an open forum.
    I was responding to scourge commenting, "How about also reminding the fanboys that just because someone likes the DoX books, they shouldn't act like everyone else has to or be banished from the fandom?"

There has been no banishing as multiple threads have been interacted on by all sides. I'm all for conversation and participate in most of these threads.
    Last edited by JB; 01-18-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The fact that you're trying to deflect from the main topic is justification enough.
    No deflection at all. The topic is Hickman's message. I directly referenced his message.

But if you insist on more...
    I never bought into the 'have to buy them all' mentality. The only 'Too many books' argument that makes any sense is that it can spread fans and their money a bit too thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was responding to scourge commenting, "How about also reminding the fanboys that just because someone likes the DoX books, they shouldn't act like everyone else has to or be banished from the fandom?"

There has been no banishing as multiple threads have been interacted on by all sides. I'm all for conversation and participate in most of these threads.
    Hyperbole, dude.
    But I have seen a lot of "just stop reading!" "go read something else" "stop posting about it" and similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I’m pretty sure he wrote that in exaggeration. Meaning, the amount of people here who pile on anyone with a dissenting view may feel like they’re being banished almost. Obviously no one’s being banished for real.

So what? Lol. Let people discuss it if they want. It’s an open forum.
    If people are gonna incessantly complain about points that are directly refuted by the text, then we have just as much of a right to call it out for purposely taking to books out of context. It’s an open forum, as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If people are gonna incessantly complain about points that are directly refuted by the text, then we have just as much of a right to call it out for purposely taking to books out of context. It’s an open forum, as you said.
    Thing is, not everyone agrees its so refuted. Its just your interpretation as it is their.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    No deflection at all. The topic is Hickman's message. I directly referenced his message.

I never bought into the 'have to buy them all' mentality. The only 'Too many books' argument that makes any sense is that it can spread fans and their money a bit too thin.

Hyperbole, dude.
    But I have seen a lot of "just stop reading!" "go read something else" "stop posting about it" and similar.
    There's also the constant threads and posts and threads about the X-Men being a cult or fascists or even killing the entire MU.

You do! But don’t complain about the sheer volume of people who complain about the points you interpret as refuted ‘cause it makes it very obvious you don’t really have a problem with the volume of similar threads or complaints, but the fact that you just don’t like their opinion ‘cause it’s different.

Edit: lol, see this comment above mine here :P Proves my point, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    There's also the constant threads and posts and threads about the X-Men being a cult or fascists or even killing the entire MU.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Too many wrong think threads. Send’em to Krakoa’s pit with Sabertooth.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-18-2020 at 12:11 PM.

I’m pretty sure he wrote that in exaggeration. Meaning, the amount of people here who pile on anyone with a dissenting view may feel like they’re being banished almost. Obviously no one’s being banished for real.
    Yes I'm aware it was in exaggeration and the way I see it, there is more discussion in those threads than people piling on dissenting voices. The "cult" thread went on for like 15 pages and the "are mutants right or wrong" went for 25+. 15 and 25 pages of discussion, not piling on, in my opinion.

Rather than simply ignoring dissenters, I see plenty of the DOX fans conversing with them. It's a good thing.

You do! But don’t complain about the sheer volume of people who complain about the points you interpret as refuted ‘cause it makes it very obvious you don’t really have a problem with the volume of similar threads or complaints, but the fact that you just don’t like their opinion ‘cause it’s different.
    When it’s the same point being brought up multiple times like each thread ain’t saying the same exact thing, then it can be both of what you mentioned. Multiple threads about Krakoa being a cult is annoying, but it’s also wrong. Saying Krakoa is killing Death while just being disingenuous about the book’s actual content is annoying, but also wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I haven't looked too much at the moment but I haven't seen that many threads about the X-men being a cult or fascist. Isn't there only one active and open?
    And the only one about 'killing the entire MU' I saw had to do with the plot of Jane Foster's book.

When it’s the same point being brought up multiple times like each thread ain’t saying the same exact thing, then it can be both of what you mentioned. Multiple threads about Krakoa being a cult is annoying, but it’s also wrong. Saying Krakoa is killing Death while just being disingenuous about the book’s actual content is annoying, but also wrong.
    If it’s a problem, the mods or admins could just consolidate the threads into one, but they haven’t. I don’t think they see a problem.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post

Hyperbole, dude.
    Well if you don’t like something not reading/watching/listening/eating/whatever is the sane thing to do. Do you keep eating food you don’t like? Listening to bands you hate? Why on earth someone should do something up they don’t enjoy doing it unless for some weird form of masochism? You may think there is nothing weird in keeping doing something you don’t like while continue telling the people that likes it how bad is it, but try it on real life. Go daily to a restaurant eat and then tell them and the clients how bad you think the restaurant is. Go to every concert of a musician you don’t enjoy and boooh all the time instead of cheering. Or try to do the same for the matches of a sport you don’t enjoy watching. How would that work? Wouldn’t everyone think is a weird behavior full of negativity? Obviously they would. The only difference is that on the internet people can enact this behavior without feeling dumb or silly, just like many other negative social behaviors people would never enact in real life but they do online.

I had someone private message me saying that they felt people weren't listening to them and their concerns about Krakoa and Hickman. And I responded that it seems people are listening, they just disagree with you and that's OK.

Double post argh!
    Last edited by JB; 01-18-2020 at 12:18 PM.

If it’s a problem, the mods or admins could just consolidate the threads into one, but they haven’t. I don’t think they see a problem.
    Thankfully they did consolidate two of them because the natives were getting restless.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Well if you don’t like something not reading/watching/listening/eating/whatever is the sane thing to do. Do you keep eating food you don’t like? Listening to bands you hate? Why on earth someone should do something up they don’t enjoy doing it unless for some weird form of masochism? You may think there is nothing weird in keeping doing something you don’t like while continue telling the people that likes it how bad is it, but try it on real life. Go daily to a restaurant eat and then tell them and the clients how bad you think the restaurant is. Go to every concert of a musician you don’t enjoy and boooh all the time instead of cheering. Or try to do the same for the matches of a sport you don’t enjoy watching. How would that work? Wouldn’t everyone think is a weird behavior full of negativity? Obviously they would. The only difference is that on the internet people can enact this behavior without feeling dumb or silly, just like many other negative social behaviors people would never enact in real life but they do online.
    I agree with you. But I do understand people having great love for these characters and not wanting to let them go so they'll keep coming back.

I'm not like that though so I totally get where you're coming from. Betsy is my favorite character but I won't follow her to the ends of the earth via the bad writing bus.