Page 481 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    For me:

Excellent: SHAZAM, WONDER WOMAN

Good: BIRDS OF PREY, SUICIDE SQUAD (i *Liked* it damn it and will defend it until the day I die, I don't get what people expected from a film called SUICIDE SQUAD but that's a rant for another day)

Fair: JUSTICE LEAGUE, AQUAMAN (it was very similar to a phase one Marvel film to my mind but that doesn't have to be a bad thing)

Dear God how could it go so wrong?? MAN OF STEEL, BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.
    Check out Dirty Dozen or either animated Suicide Squad movie. Or read Ostrander’s run. The team has a dope premise that can (and has) translate into better stuff than the movie gave us. They had most of the right ingredients but they picked a bad choice for antagonist and tried to inject GOTG vibes into that just didn’t work.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Check out Dirty Dozen or either animated Suicide Squad movie. Or read Ostrander’s run. The team has a dope premise that can (and has) translate into better stuff than the movie gave us. They had most of the right ingredients but they picked a bad choice for antagonist and tried to inject GOTG vibes into that just didn’t work.
    Didn't like Hell to pay.
    Otherwise 10char, Bro :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Nope. That's not my list. For me it's more.

Good: Shazam, Aquaman

Okay: WW, JL

Bad: MoS, BvS, Joker, SS

BoP I haven't seen yet.
    This feels accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wrong, it was kino.
    Thats "rick and morty is too intelligent for you" levels of delusion but hey, you enjoy you. Movie taste is subjective after all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I have read (and loved) Ostrander's SUICIDE RUN (or at least the first 3 volumes or so of the TPB). I'm not saying its a perfect film (that's why its not in the "excellent" category) but I do think there's more then Margot Robbie's HARLEY Quinn in the films favour (I was also pleasantly surprised by Will Smith's take on Deadshot and Killer Croc, although I forget the actors name)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You know, that costume is awful, but I kinda like the bat symbol for some reason.
    Same here. I also gave it points because it was made in the Forties and, despite its crudeness, didn't have the campy look of the TV show version. With that said, none of them remotely compare to any of the suits since 1989. I can't believe anybody here choosing one of the earlier ones over the later ones, except ironically or as a homage to the late Adam West.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Good: Shazam, Wonder Woman (two very good movies)

Fair: Aquaman, Suicide Squad (entertaining enough)

Ugly : Man of Steel, BvS (well...)

Haven't watched Justice League or Birds of Prey. (yet for the later, don't plan to for the former)

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Harley Quinn, Ratcatcher, Vigilante, and Polka-Dot Man on the set of The Suicide Squad: https://twitter.com/dcmovienews2/sta...46961969307648

Pics from The Batman set: http://www.justjared.com/2020/02/14/...-from-the-set/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-15-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Going into it's second weekend and BOP's box office numbers, whilst still not great, are slightly less of a horror show:

DOMESTIC (27.3%)
    $42,158,302
    INTERNATIONAL (72.7%)
    $112,159,388
    WORLDWIDE
    $154,317,690

The film raked in another $8.9 million in the US on Friday to take it's tally there to around the 50 million mark. This film could very well get into profitability territory now, which will be somewhere around the 250-300 million mark.

Not a big hit then, but certainly not the disaster it initially appeared either.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Going into it's second weekend and BOP's box office numbers, whilst still not great, are slightly less of a horror show:

DOMESTIC (27.3%)
    $42,158,302
    INTERNATIONAL (72.7%)
    $112,159,388
    WORLDWIDE
    $154,317,690

The film raked in another $8.9 million in the US on Friday to take it's tally there to around the 50 million mark. This film could very well get into profitability territory now, which will be somewhere around the 250-300 million mark.

Not a big hit then, but certainly not the disaster it initially appeared either.
    It looks like it will make some type of profit, so it indeed won't be a bomb.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think the big problem for BoP is not the reception, but the misogynist haters all making pinpricks against it. Captain Marvel could shrug them off at the tune of a $1 BN box office, but WB didn't manage the marketing of this one and set up BoP as a softer target.

But compared to JL or the new Doolittle? This is merely a disappointment.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    This feels accurate
    it's a personal list. It's accurate to you not everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Harley Quinn, Ratcatcher, Vigilante, and Polka-Dot Man on the set of The Suicide Squad: https://twitter.com/dcmovienews2/sta...46961969307648

Pics from The Batman set: http://www.justjared.com/2020/02/14/...-from-the-set/
    Idris Elba appeared to be wearing a bronze-ish costume. Really hope he’s playing Bronze Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

DOMESTIC (27.3%)
    $42,158,302
    INTERNATIONAL (72.7%)
    $112,159,388
    WORLDWIDE
    $154,317,690

I guess the question is if WB will view it as enough of a success to move forward with continuations.

Harley's at least safe thanks to the Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think the big problem for BoP is not the reception, but the misogynist haters all making pinpricks against it. Captain Marvel could shrug them off at the tune of a $1 BN box office, but WB didn't manage the marketing of this one and set up BoP as a softer target.

But compared to JL or the new Doolittle? This is merely a disappointment.
    People making a fuss about a movie on the internet can rarely ever affect the movie's box office results. That's the thing about social media, lots of people who use it to spread negativity can't seem to realize that in the grand scheme of things they're simply irrelevant. BoP could've used a better marketing and probably a different release date and I believe it could've done better.