Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Joe Books has the license to Disney's movie and TV characters and are about to put out Darkling Duck
    oh, never heard about the publisher or the new releases of Darkwing Duck, I thought the rights are still are at Boom.
    How are these stories? I remember watching some episodes in german when I was a kid and reading some comics and liking it but probably because it was superhero stuff which I was always a sucker for.

^Joe Books released a collection of BOOM's Darkwing and I own it but still have not cracked it open! The new series continues directly from that previous one with the same creative team.

BANNED

I would LOVE to see Marvel and Disney to a crossover comic, but I'm guess it's okay if some of the properties are spread. Yet we'll never get a Donald vs Howard duck fight.

^Joe Books released a collection of BOOM's Darkwing and I own it but still have not cracked it open! The new series continues directly from that previous one with the same creative team.
    I've put it on my wishlist. Can you comment on the paper and printing quality?

Spectacular Member

Fantagraphics aren't collecting all their Carl Barks books into slipcases, are they? Going to be making a bigger focus on buying those this year but I wasn't sure if the books not collected into slipcases so far will be in the future at all as they seem to be grouping them thematically rather than chronologically (and I know, of course, that they're printing the entire series out of order).

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Fantagraphics aren't collecting all their Carl Barks books into slipcases, are they? Going to be making a bigger focus on buying those this year but I wasn't sure if the books not collected into slipcases so far will be in the future at all as they seem to be grouping them thematically rather than chronologically (and I know, of course, that they're printing the entire series out of order).
    the guy who is making the Fanta videos on youtube about the books replied to a comment saying they wont collect everything in slipcase sets, ut who knows, if they sell well maybe they will do it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    the guy who is making the Fanta videos on youtube about the books replied to a comment saying they wont collect everything in slipcase sets, ut who knows, if they sell well maybe they will do it.
    Well, I did just notice on the previous page of this thread that they're putting Christmas on Bear Mountain into another gift box set along with The Old Castle's Secret, which is interesting because the former is in the one box set I already own, which is a Christmas themed one that includes A Christmas for Shacktown instead of The Old Castle's Secret. So it's possible that what they're doing, as someone suggested in the last page, is retconning the Christmas box set and collecting the two books in that into new separate sets of their own. We'll see, I suppose. For now I'll probably aim to pick up the other box sets and hold off on anything else for the time being, especially since I've got the Floyd Gottfredson stuff to catch up on and have started buying Don Rosa's books too.

If I had to guess, I would say “The Pixilated Parrot” & “Terror of the Beagle Boys” will be in a set and “A Christmas For Shacktown” & “Trick or Treat” will be a set.

Then you'll have boxed sets of Vol 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&13 for Donald and 12&14 for Scrooge.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've put it on my wishlist. Can you comment on the paper and printing quality?
    Print, paper, and overall quality on the Darwkwing book looks really good. I was worried before it came out, because Joe Books had put out some newsprint quality omnibi of old Pixar and Princess comics, but they gave Darkwing the deluxe treatment.

Print, paper, and overall quality on the Darwkwing book looks really good. I was worried before it came out, because Joe Books had put out some newsprint quality omnibi of old Pixar and Princess comics, but they gave Darkwing the deluxe treatment.
    cool, thanks for the info.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say “The Pixilated Parrot” & “Terror of the Beagle Boys” will be in a set and “A Christmas For Shacktown” & “Trick or Treat” will be a set.

Then you'll have boxed sets of Vol 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&13 for Donald and 12&14 for Scrooge.
    Yep, that makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't surprise me if you turn out to be completely correct.

Hi guys! Here in Brazil Disney comics are really popular, maybe even more than superhero comics... and we are getting some HCs during the last years, with famous stories like Don Rosa's Uncle Scrooge and the complete Christmas Tales from Carl Barks, but also amazing italian and german stories and stories written by brazilian artists from the 70s. Our deluxe edition from Donald's 80 years almost have 500 pages... CAM03480.jpg CAM03481.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Hi guys! Here in Brazil Disney comics are really popular, maybe even more than superhero comics... and we are getting some HCs during the last years, with famous stories like Don Rosa's Uncle Scrooge and the complete Christmas Tales from Carl Barks, but also amazing italian and german stories and stories written by brazilian artists from the 70s. Our deluxe edition from Donald's 80 years almost have 500 pages... CAM03480.jpg CAM03481.jpg
    while that's honestly REALLY cool I'm just not a fan of the designs. Looks too much liek a kid's storybook.
    How are the non Barks and Rosa stories?

IDW is doing their four disney lines in hardcover books. The first Uncle Scrooge collection comes out today. Based on the amazon sizes the books are TP size vs the small digest books that collected 4 issues in paperback.

I would like to see the product before i buy it, but my local shop didn't order any. I guess i'll just have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    IDW is doing their four disney lines in hardcover books. The first Uncle Scrooge collection comes out today. Based on the amazon sizes the books are TP size vs the small digest books that collected 4 issues in paperback.

I would like to see the product before i buy it, but my local shop didn't order any. I guess i'll just have to wait.
    didn't even know about these but I'm intrigued (well at least about Scrooge and Donald, I realised Mickey is not for me)