Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    1) Yup, Madrox is dead
    who writes this ****

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    who writes this ****
    Marvel editorial.

The marvel comics app releases their comics at midnight digitally so you don't need to work at a comic book store to buy it at this hour.

I'm still digesting the issue but it felt really clunky to me, I don't know. Maybe since it's a flashback I'm having a hard time getting back to that mindset.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

This issue was meh.

The big revelation was the Terrigen mist hurting the mutants. May be in five year when new readers would want to read this book and IvX it may be interresting. But now, it is something we know since at least a year.

And an "original" Madrox death because it is nothing new did not affect me at all.

Not going to read the rest. Not because I hate what is happening to the mutants, but because I have wasted five dollars in a glorified recap page.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Not going to read the rest. Not because I hate what is happening to the mutants, but because I have wasted five dollars in a glorified recap page.
    Yeah, this is sounding more and more like trade-bait.

Any worthwhile cameos out of the first issue?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well, at least it showed one thing: People with complex theories claiming to be sure the X-Men were gonna be shown as bad guys, were wrong. It's clear to see they are showing the Inhumans as the bad guys.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I just read the issue. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great. I'd say it was about average, if not slightly above. I agree that the Racist Xenophobic Slave Owners came of as...creepy. They carried themselves like this brainwashed cult that isn't allowed to think unhappy thoughts about anything and give excessive love to everyone as a way of indoctrinating them into their racism, xenophobia, and pro-slavery stances. I actually rooted for Hydra in this issue. How sad is that?

It was nice to see Cyclops and Emma Frost again. They basically carried themselves the same way they did prior to Secret Wars. They never get too personal. They never get too melodramatic. Given the context of this story, that's probably appropriate. At the very least, we can say Cyclops was reasonable in making sure that the big green cloud that the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners worship was the true cause of this carnage. However, he seems to make quite a leap when assuming that the Racist Xenophobic Slave Owners knew about it. Then again, it is their giant cloud. How could they not know its effects? So it's not quite a leap and when it's killing his people, including one of his teammates, I'd say his reaction is appropriate.

However, this issue does make one thing clear. Cyclops is not being mentally manipulated or controlled. This confirms part of my earlier predictions for when this event was announced. Whatever Cyclops does in the next three issues, he'll do of his own volition. And it will be framed in the most sinister, evil way possible. He will effectively complete his Walter White journey into becoming as evil as possible, which is what Marvel needs him to be in order for his O5 counterpart to overcome. I could still be wrong, but the end of this issue seems to make any possibility of a ruse to be unlikely. This is going to be Cyclops going nothing less than full genocidal. I expect this message board to have many debates about his actions for years to come.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read the issue. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great. I'd say it was about average, if not slightly above. I agree that the Racist Xenophobic Slave Owners came of as...creepy. They carried themselves like this brainwashed cult that isn't allowed to think unhappy thoughts about anything and give excessive love to everyone as a way of indoctrinating them into their racism, xenophobia, and pro-slavery stances. I actually rooted for Hydra in this issue. How sad is that?

It was nice to see Cyclops and Emma Frost again. They basically carried themselves the same way they did prior to Secret Wars. They never get too personal. They never get too melodramatic. Given the context of this story, that's probably appropriate. At the very least, we can say Cyclops was reasonable in making sure that the big green cloud that the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners worship was the true cause of this carnage. However, he seems to make quite a leap when assuming that the Racist Xenophobic Slave Owners knew about it. Then again, it is their giant cloud. How could they not know its effects? So it's not quite a leap and when it's killing his people, including one of his teammates, I'd say his reaction is appropriate.

However, this issue does make one thing clear. Cyclops is not being mentally manipulated or controlled. This confirms part of my earlier predictions for when this event was announced. Whatever Cyclops does in the next three issues, he'll do of his own volition. And it will be framed in the most sinister, evil way possible. He will effectively complete his Walter White journey into becoming as evil as possible, which is what Marvel needs him to be in order for his O5 counterpart to overcome. I could still be wrong, but the end of this issue seems to make any possibility of a ruse to be unlikely. This is going to be Cyclops going nothing less than full genocidal. I expect this message board to have many debates about his actions for years to come.
    sure?
    I can predict that the result will be a huge "cyclops was right" by the vast majority of x-fans, you know

BANNED

bubibartra
    I can predict that the result will be a huge "cyclops was right" by the vast majority of x-fans, you know
    There is a possibility that both versions will be true (Yours and MarvelMaster616 )

They just need to show inhumans as bad in DoX.

and in IvX they should show the story from Inhumans point of view.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Didnt wanna spoil myself since ill buy this later today but after reading spoilers im not really suprised lol

Unglaublich!

There's definitely a HUGE difference between the way the X-Men are rendered here and how the Inhumans are. The Inhumans are all smiles, practically all the time (even when battling the Hydra forces), whereas Scott and the others are permanent furrowed brows and gritted teeth.

I realise that the two teams are in wildly different locales and situations, but it's a distinctive contrast in their respective portrayals. Meta-commentary on how grim dark the X-World is, compared to the Inhumans being all fluffy bunnies and sunshine...?

The issue itself was... ok. I've surprised myself with how much I've actually missed Scott's presence in the X-Books since Secret wars ended, but this reinforces (for me, at least) just how much of a poor shadow Tyke is of his original counterpart! Scott's simply "the man" and he's drawing on all of his many years of experience. Tyke, in my eyes, simply can't even begin to compare and I think Marvel are fumbling the ball big-time if they're planning to have Tyke replace adult Scott in the 616 universe...

Sad to see Madrox kick it, especially with no backstory on why he left the family farm to man a Muir Island research station. No Layla mentioned or seen anywhere. I want to know what happened to them, not just to Jamie.

I suppose it's a decent start to the mini-series, and I'm glad there's only 2 weeks to wait for the next issue. As has been said, this is pretty much all set up so hopefully things crank up a notch in a fortnight!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So was Havok in this? Because Havok was with Cyclops before Secret Wars and he was still "inverted" so he was supposed to be the polar opposite of his "don't call me a mutant" bullshit opinions. I've been thinking for a while that whatever happens with Cyclops will likely involve Havok in some way.

The dialogue implies Goddballs also succumbe to the Terrigen Mists offscreen.

Madrox is one of the easiest characters to resurrect in comics, and this isn't the first time the "original" has died. Just like with the Legacy Virus, they can just say his dupe got confused by the disease and thought it was the original. All this means is that he's going back in unused character limbo.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

He will be back and if his wife knew this was coming and just keep her mouth shut about Tmist.{hiding out till it's over} I hope they sick an X Force on her.