• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Actually, Ororo shouldn't have be capable of "hurting" either of them.
    She did affect them but she didn't hurt them.

BANNED

Silver Surfer screamed.

BANNED

I'll admit the hydrogen trap was scream worthy... That feat shouldn't have stopped Surfer from reducing Ororo to so many free floating atoms...

BANNED

I'll admit the hydrogen trap was scream worthy... That feat shouldn't have stopped Surfer from reducing Ororo to so many free floating atoms...
    It didn't stop him from doing that. Characters scream for a host of reasons. He could have screamed from shock as he felt no pain from that. He flies through stars and black holes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    It didn't stop him from doing that. Characters scream for a host of reasons. He could have screamed from shock as he felt no pain from that. He flies through stars and black holes.
    And he got hurt by Storm's attack.

BANNED

I'm still hoping for Rutog98 and Arya to finally get a Storm avatar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Thank you. No evacuation for me. I live on the 3rd floor of a condo. Evacuation is mostly for trailer home people.
    Glad you are safe.

BANNED

No she doesn't. Her attack on stardust didn't hurt him, same with silver surfer. She had the output to harm some of them but folks like heralds can't be hurt by storm.
    1) Storm did hurt Stardust and badly! From my research, Stardust takes attacks from other herald-level foes and doesn't get dispersed. Only Storm's attack and the Annhilation wave are the only two instances I have seen him dispersed. I know why you are saying Stardust was not hurt by Ororo. When McDuffie wrote the story, there were some anti-Storm racists on another board I was debating on who went to McDuffie's site and started trolling him, calling him a racist and all of that because of what he wrote Storm doing. The fact is, at the time McDuffie wrote that story, I was in the middle of a debate with the trolls and I threw the feats up to them and laughed in their faces. Out of fear, McDuffie began to back track on this (probably for job security).

Leading up to this feat from Storm, I had shown McDuffie the interview from CC stated that Storm and Phoenix Force Jean Grey were equal in power. I educated him well on Storm's feats. I told him about how Phoenix Force Jean Grey beat Firelord with a blast backed by the power of a star and how Storm threw an attack backed by the full power of a star earlier. He knew about the Galactic Core feat, the Trion, you name it, I sang like a bird and told him. Anywho, when he wrote these Storm feats, he was an informed man.

Getting back to the racists trolls who tried to brand him a racist for writing Storm doing these feats, when reading on McDuffie, most of his income came from doing fictitional writing like comics and stuff like that. Him being branded a racist would not have been good for his career as he depended on this stuff for his bread and butter. He did not have the luxury Hudlin has, for instance. When fans trolled Hudlin for writing powerful black characters, Hudlin would get into the fight, throw punches, and match the haters blow for blow. He could do that because he did not depend on comicbook writing for his bread and butter. My hat's off to Hudlin for getting nasty with the racists. It doesn't matter, though, because where McDuffie was trying to be careful to protect his reputation (its just disgusting how you have some fans who are so racist that they would attack a writer who happens to be black and try and label him a racist just for writing a powerful black character), good ole Rutog, here, was on the case. I made an account on McDuffie's board and told those racists off as I put them in their place. I didn't have to care about the feelings of the racists as I don't write comics for a living. I could be just as nasty as I wanted to be in rebuttle as I am just a fan as those racists are.

2) Also, Storm clearly has the output to hurt a Herald of Galactus. Phoenix beat Firelord in a fight on panel by throwing an attack that had less power than some of what Storm has thrown. Storm threw an attack backed by the full power of a star while Phoenix beat Firelord by throwing an attack backed by the power of a star. "Nuff said.

I'm going by the original intent of Storm vs. Stardust and she clearly hurt him as I have not read anywhere of any other character throwing an attack strong enough to disperse him as Storm did. Stardust has been hurt by much lesser attacks that did not blow him apart.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-05-2016 at 06:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    1) Storm did hurt Stardust and badly! From my research, Stardust takes attacks from other herald-level foes and doesn't get dispersed. Only Storm's attack and the Annhilation wave are the only two instances I have seen him dispersed. I know why you are saying Stardust was not hurt by Ororo. When McDuffie wrote the story, there were some anti-Storm racists on another board I was debating on who went to McDuffie's site and started trolling him, calling him a racist and all of that because of what he wrote Storm doing. The fact is, at the time McDuffie wrote that story, I was in the middle of a debate with the trolls and I threw the feats up to them and laughed in their faces. Out of fear, McDuffie began to back track on this (probably for job security).

Leading up to this feat from Storm, I had shown McDuffie the interview from CC stated that Storm and Phoenix Force Jean Grey were equal in power. I educated him well on Storm's feats. I told him about how Phoenix Force Jean Grey beat Firelord with a blast backed by the power of a star and how Storm threw an attack backed by the full power of a star earlier. He knew about the Galactic Core feat, the Trion, you name it, I sang like a bird and told him. Anywho, when he wrote these Storm feats, he was an informed man.

Getting back to the racists trolls who tried to brand him a racist for writing Storm doing these feats, when reading on McDuffie, most of his income came from doing fictitional writing like comics and stuff like that. Him being branded a racist would not have been good for his career as he depended on this stuff for his bread and butter. He did not have the luxary Hudlin has, for instance. When fans trolled Hudlin for writing powerful black characters, Hudlin would get into the fight, throw punches, and match the haters blow for blow. He could do that because he did not depend on comicbook writing for his bread and butter. My hat's off to Hudlin for getting nasty with the racists. It doesn't matter, though, because where McDuffie was trying to be careful to protect his reputation (its just disgusting how you have some fans who are so racist that they would attack a writer who happens to be black and try and label him a racist just for writing a powerful black character), good ole Rutog, here, was on the case. I made an account on McDuffie's board and told those racists off as I put them in their place. I didn't have to care about the feelings of the racists as I don't write comics for a living. I could be just as nasty as I wanted to be in rebuttle.

Also, Storm clearly has the output to hurt a Herald of Galactus. Phoenix beat Firelord in a fight on panel by throwing an attack that had less power than some of what Storm has thrown. Storm threw an attack backed by the full power of a star while Phoenix beat Firelord by throwing an attack backed by the power of a star. "Nuff said.
    I'm so with you on this rutog98.

Storm Fans Civil War. Which side are you? rutog98's or Arya's?

BANNED

Please, when Surfer can tap into the universe of an entire reality and draw enough power to defeat the total sum of all matter, energy, and life of an entire reality's past, present, and future, then come back to me. Storm can draw upon more than enough power to hurt Silver Surfer or his master, Galactus, if a writer so chose to have her do so. She has the feats to back such a story up. From the start under CC's pen, she was supposed to wield "near infinite" power, but she holds most of that power back by choice. However, every now and then, we see glimpses of her power.

Heck, Storm was able to tank a blast from Stardust in that fight. I believe that McDuffie probably felt if Storm can channel the full power of a galactic core, she should be able to tank a blast from a Herald of Galactus (Storm's system handles energy attacks better than being punched by a super strength character if she is written correctly). Maybe after McDuffie saw all of those scans of Storm going toe-to-toe with the Trion, who were also throwing blasts at her, he felt that she could best the Heralds of Galactus, who would be MUCH weaker than the Trion. Heck, Storm was surprised when Stardust was able to reform. She thought she had killed a Herald of Galactus meaning she believed herself to be superior to them in power. Heck, she told Surfer to his face that he was outmatched and outpowered against her.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-05-2016 at 06:50 PM.

BANNED

Please, when Surfer can tap into the universe of an entire reality and draw enough power to defeat the total sum of all matter, energy, and life of an entire reality's past, present, and future, then come back to me. Storm can draw upon more than enough power to hurt Silver Surfer or his master, Galactus, if a writer so chose to have her do so. She has the feats to back such a story up. From the start under CC's pen, she was supposed to wield "near infinite" power, but she holds most of that power back by choice. However, every now and then, we see glimpses of her power.

Heck, Storm was able to tank a blast from Stardust in that fight. I believe that McDuffie probably felt if Storm can channel the full power of a galactic core, she should be able to tank a blast from a Herald of Galactus. Maybe after McDuffie saw all of those scans of Storm going toe-to-toe with the Trion, who were also throwing blasts at her, he felt that she could best the Heralds of Galactus, who would be MUCH weaker than the Trion. Heck, Storm was surprised when Stardust was able to reform. She thought she had killed a Herald of Galactus meaning she believed herself to be superior to them in power. Heck, she told Surfer to his face that he was outmatched and outpowered against her.
    None of this is true, she's tried to hurt him multiple times and she couldn't and no she can't hurt Galactus, or eternity or any other 616 abstract. Galactus survived two universes dying, sorry but no she has no power to hurt the silver surfer. When she can survive one transmutation from him let me know.

If Storm had hurt stardust then how was he able to recover with no pain or time delay? Disposing a being that is powered by the power cosmic isn't easy. Heck there are a few issues where Silver surfer was just a talking head, separated from his body, Terrax flew into a black hole and wasn't hurt at all. They are resilient.
    Last edited by Arya; 10-05-2016 at 07:01 PM.

BANNED

None of this is true, she's tried to hurt him multiple times and she couldn't and no she can't hurt Galactus, or eternity or any other 616 abstract. Galactus survived two universes dying, sorry but no she has no power to hurt the silver surfer. When she can survive one transmutation from him let me know.

If Storm had hurt stardust then how was he able to recover with no pain or time delay?
    Storm has absorbed energies of millions of stars. Remember that.

BANNED

1) Every word I wrote is true. She did tank a blast from Stardust and kept fighting on. (Yup, that's right, folks, Storm took on Stardust, a Herald of Galactus, head on in a one-on-one off panel. He was unable to beat her.)

2) Galactus surviving two universes dying is not the same as enduring attacks of tremendous power where the sum total of the attack's energy is focused on him. When Galactus gets hurt in fights, the universe does not die by the force of the blasts that hit him. Heck, Sersi once survived the death of a universe herself, but if all the energy it would take to destroy a universe were focused into a single blast against either Sersi (who is much weaker than even a herald) or Galactus, neither character would survive such a blast.

3) Storm did tell Silver Surfer that she was more than his match in a fight and told him to concede before taking her on. Furthermore, after she blew up Stardust, she was going to take on Surfer who then advised that she turn around as her battle with Stardust was not yet concluded as she thought. She was surprised to see that Stardust had survived her attack. Storm knew that she was facing Heralds of Galactus. For her to be shocked like that means she believes herself to be every bit as powerful as they are if not moreso. If Cyclops had blasted a Herald of Galactus, for instance, Scott would know that his blasts would have no affect on them. He knows he can't take on down in a fight. His reaction would be totally different from Storm's, who is on a much higher power level than him.

4) ) Storm may be able to resist a transmutation. She has that ability herself (she once created clothing out of thin air via electron manipulation). Heck, when she blew up Stardust, she snatched electrons from his body and sent them flying back with such force that it blew him up. That's how she accomplished that feat. Given that Stardust was able to piece himself back together after being blown to atoms like that means he has control over the energy composition of his body. This means Storm supeseded his control over his own electrons. To transmute Storm, that would require taking control over her form at the subatomic level. Given that she has beaten out a Herald's control on this level gives reason that she could resist being transmuted herself.

5) Granted, Storm rarely operates on these levels, but she has them. Period.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-05-2016 at 07:08 PM.

BANNED

1) Every word I wrote is true. She did tank a blast from Stardust and kept fighting on. (Yup, that's right, folks, Storm took on Stardust, a Herald of Galactus, head on in a one-on-one off panel. He was unable to beat her.)

2) Galactus surviving two universes dying is not the same as enduring attacks of tremendous power where the sum total of the attack's energy is focused on him. When Galactus gets hurt in fights, the universe does not die by the force of the blasts that hit him. Heck, Sersi once survived the death of a universe herself, but if all the energy it would take to destroy a universe were focused into a single blast against either Sersi (who is much weaker than even a herald) or Galactus, neither character would survive such a blast.

3) Storm did tell Silver Surfer that she was more than his match in a fight and told him to concede before taking her on. Furthermore, after she blew up Stardust, she was going to take on Surfer who then advised that she turn around as her battle with Stardust was not yet concluded as she thought. She was surprised to see that Stardust had survived her attack. Storm knew that she was facing Heralds of Galactus. For her to be shocked like that means she believes herself to be every bit as powerful as they are if not moreso. If Cyclops had blasted a Herald of Galactus, for instance, Scott would know that his blasts would have no affect on them. He knows he can't take on down in a fight. His reaction would be totally different from Storm's, who is on a much higher power level than him.

4) Granted, Storm rarely operates on these levels, but she has them. Period.

5)
    Storm was joking, she's fought him several times and has never hurt him, not once and she could barely get Galactus' attention in secret wars. She was on the spaceship that watched Galactus feed off of the Skrull homeworld. Storm isn't powerful enough to do anything to him.

BANNED

Storm was joking, she's fought him several times and has never hurt him, not once and she could barely get his attention in secret wars. She was on the spaceship that watched Galactus feed off of the Skrull homeworld. Storm isn't powerful enough to do anything to him.
    Those stories were written by different writers. That said, Silver Surfer has always been a noble soul and Storm would know this. She tends to hold back on her attacks anyway. She has never really gone all out to attack Surfer. On the other hand, when she attacked Stardust, she came at him much more ruthlessly than she ever has against Surfer by attacking Stardust at the subatomic level. She did so because she thought Stardust had murdered that gravity guy. That said, reread my previous post as I edited it to deal with the transmutation attack scenario you submitted.