Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Every marvel movie has released this way
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel screwed up this release. It got shown to people like a month ago. Overseas releases 1 or 2 weeks before. I bet this movie got pirated like crazy because people couldn't wait
    I was really excited for it like three weeks ago, but then got over-saturated. And a little pissed that a ton of people seemed to already see it/were talking about it.

Saw it today, theater was half empty. Surprising.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Less than BvS on Thursday.

Less than BvS on Friday.

Its going to be funny watching the BvS haters squirm as they try to excuse this away.

I liked both movies.
    Cap is much better and BVS opened on a public holiday and still only made $6M more.

The true measure will come in the second weekend earnings
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Cap is much better and BVS opened on a public holiday and still only made $6M more.

The true measure will come in the second weekend earnings
    Sorry.. but it wasn't. Other than every character cracking jokes, except Spider-boy who was a joke.. it had a lot of the same issues and impounded on them. There were too many characters, too many plots, and just too much going on. The vast majority of the movie is just a really long slug fest between "heroes" and the end was a huge down note. I mean.. it's not like it really had a chance to be a great movie since the source material is a huge mess.. the movie was barely held together with spit and tape.. and a lot of the actions/motivations didn't make sense. Ultimately though.. the end ruined the whole movie and was a huge down note for the entire franchise.
    The only real bright spot in the whole movie was T'Challa and the fact that his appearance here is likely to cause people to flock to see Black Panther, which is great.. but most of it.. wasn't great. It was pretty much the same thing as Batman v Superman only.. yeah.. no spoilers.. but yeah..

Extraordinary Member

I
    Quote Originally Posted by JanArrah View Post
    Sorry.. but it wasn't. Other than every character cracking jokes, except Spider-boy who was a joke.. it had a lot of the same issues and impounded on them. There were too many characters, too many plots, and just too much going on. The vast majority of the movie is just a really long slug fest between "heroes" and the end was a huge down note. I mean.. it's not like it really had a chance to be a great movie since the source material is a huge mess.. the movie was barely held together with spit and tape.. and a lot of the actions/motivations didn't make sense. Ultimately though.. the end ruined the whole movie and was a huge down note for the entire franchise.
    The only real bright spot in the whole movie was T'Challa and the fact that his appearance here is likely to cause people to flock to see Black Panther, which is great.. but most of it.. wasn't great. It was pretty much the same thing as Batman v Superman only.. yeah.. no spoilers.. but yeah..
    It was awesome. Great characterization, engaging themes, humour action, comedy. All great. As opposed to BVS where you are looking at your watch an hour in.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Less than BvS on Thursday.

Less than BvS on Friday.

Its going to be funny watching the BvS haters squirm as they try to excuse this away.

I liked both movies.
    But DC is the underdog now, and Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are not big draws anymore, isnt it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Eh who watches Cam copies these days I'm sure piraters aren't that desperate lol. I think it's because the must see factor has slightly faded which is why I think it'll still have a great legs just people aren't rushing out to see it.
    You dont live in a third world country, is it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by kumagawa View Post
    So no $200 million opening weekend ouch for Marvel I guess there $210+ was wishful thinking.
    The weekend has two more days to go. It's only Saturday afternoon. There is still Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, and Sunday night to go.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JanArrah View Post
    Not sure whey people act like having a lot of characters is a negative....Star Wars, Star Trek...Mama Mia....they all have about the same amount of characters. The issue is if they were handles well, served a purpose, etc. CW did that. There was a lot going on, but that doesn't mean "too much"...its only too much if you can't follow the plot, but the plot was pretty easy to follow, and and hole was tied up by the end. So....fantastic movie...and easily the best movie Spiderman we've seen

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Honestly, I still think this movie was just plain bad.

That said though, I hate that people are either hoping for it to beat BVS in the box office to prove its none existent superiority, or for it to flop.

I mean, yeah, I don't like the movie, but I don't give a rats rump if it does or doesn't beat BVS in the box office. Overall any superhero/comic based movie making money is a good thing imo because it means we will see more in the future, hopefully ones better then this trainwreck, but yea.

As for box office numbers, I myself doubt anything will be able to top Zootopia this year. But that's just me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Honestly, I still think this movie was just plain bad.
    If you thought this movie was bad, what super hero movies do you consider good? Green Lantern? Fantastic Four?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    If you thought this movie was bad, what super hero movies do you consider good? Green Lantern? Fantastic Four?

Opinions are like snowflakes, everyones is different.

But you know what, yea, i'd probably rather re-watch the 2011 Green Lantern film before i'd watch Civil War again.

Again, people like the film, that's fine, I just didn't. There's plenty of MCU films I do enjoy, the first Iron-Man, the first Cap, the Thor films, the first Avengers, Guardians of The Galaxy. So yea, I'm not hating on the MCU as a whole, just don't like this movie.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I'm not singling anyone out specifically, but I honestly feel like some people's bad opinion about this movie is being fueled by the poor reception most everyone had to BvS. Some of the "issues" that people are taking with this film are kinda petty and ridiculous. Are comicbook fans really such a sensitive group that they would hate something out of spite? Oh wait, I've been in this community for 25 years, what am I saying? Of course they would express hate for something out of spite.

This was an incredible movie. Yeah, opinions are opinions, but a lot of the negative opinions I'm seeing are founded in the smallest of things. No film is perfect, especially a summer blockbuster. Civil War is no exception, but the shortcomings of this movie pale in comparison to everything that it got right.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Extraordinary Member

One reason I want this movie to do better than BVS is so WB gets the message and doesn't make the same mistakes on Wonder Woman.

BANNED

I want Civil War to make less so that MCU fanboys out there can eat som' humble pie. Yes, I'm a triple agent and my primary allegiance is to myself.
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 05-07-2016 at 06:41 PM.

The fact that people are obsessed with a film's gross is hilarious. Even funnier than the goofy Marvel vs. DC rivalry.