Page 619 of 827 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can we please find a new pattern for a season beyond 'Failure, failure, failure then edge out a win'?
    Well they did make a start in the ultimate win tonight at least. Cerebral inhibitor messed up the mind transfer and will at least bring back Ralph's love interest. It looks more and more like DeVoe will defeat himself more than he will be defeated by team Flash, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Cerebral inhibitor messed up the mind transfer and will at least bring back Ralph's love interest.
    How do you figure that. The CI failed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How do you figure that. The CI failed.
    Bet you a chocolate shake it didn't. Just didn't work the way they expected it to.

So I guess the only way for Barry to get his job back is to conclusively prove that DeVoe is alive somehow. I guess it's nice that the complete implausibility of Ralph's DeVoe impression isn't lost on everyone. At least Singh still stuck up for him.

I hope Mayor Van Buren screwing Barry over doesn't become a consistent theme.

So it seems like DeVoe's ultimate plan involves absorbing all the Bus Meta's abilities and eventually finding a body that can contain them all without breaking down. Could that body be Barry's?

At this point it seems like Barry will look for any excuse to take his mask off in front of someone.

Poor Izzy. She's one of the few Bus Metas who isn't a violent criminal and had plenty of spunk, charm, looks, and a terrific voice, but she still ended up as doomed as the rest. Although I guess she was doomed the moment she became Ralph's love interest, given she's not Sue .

It's also kind of funny to think the Dark Matter portal gave someone else Black Canary-esque powers.

Man, TV Bary is a terrible mentor. I don't think the goal of any training session should be to injure and scar the trainnee. Although I guess Oliver's shot arrows into a few of his protege's...

I was wondering where the Cecile/Harry plot was heading, but I wasn't expecting it to finally lead to the creation of the Cerebral Inhibitor, nor that it would take Barry and Iris this long to remember what Savitar said. Not that it really seemed to help in the end when DeVoe used Kilg%re's power, though the show made a point that there was no real reason why the Inhibitor didn't work. Maybe there's something to that?

And did they give Cecile powers so that she would ultimately inspire Harry to inadvertently develop the Cerebral Inhibitor? Is that what the main point of this sub-plot has been about?

It's kind of funny watching the show try to workaround the fact that Team Flash now has four superpowered members by providing handy excuses for why certain members don't just go out in the field. Not that it seems to matter with DeVoe's overwhelming array of powers .

I guess by DeVoe's comment at the end that he and Marlize have since been...intimate after his body-swaps. Even the female ones.

Allen and Dibny, PI's? I can get behind it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This show has been a lot of things, good and bad, but it has never been depressing until now.
    Are we forgetting about season 3 and how they kept reminding us how much Barry screwed everyone's lives up and kept building up to Iris getting killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can we please find a new pattern for a season beyond 'Failure, failure, failure then edge out a win'?
    It's served most Arrowverse shows well so far...

I thought for sure the reason the first version of the inhibitor didn't work on. The Da lady was because it was meant to block Joe and the mind she was reading was the twin she didn't know she was having.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    As long as they stick to the season-long Big Bad formula, we're stuck with it. However much it worked for season 1, it has been a noose around every season since.
    I'm probably the only one, but I prefer the so-called filler episodes where we meet the bad at the start of the episode and the bad is dealt with by the end of the episode. Back in the old days
    of Star Trek, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Adventures of Superman every single episode was a filler episode. There were no season long story arcs. At most there might be
    a two parter that lasted two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's also kind of funny to think the Dark Matter portal gave someone else Black Canary-esque powers.
    They sure are running with that sonic scream special effect on the CW shows. Black Siren & Black Canary on Arrow, Purity on Supergirl, now Izzy on The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it seems like DeVoe's ultimate plan involves absorbing all the Bus Meta's abilities and eventually finding a body that can contain them all without breaking down. Could that body be Barry's?
    Wait, isn't this obvious? Unless you were being rhetorical.

Poor Izzy. She's one of the few Bus Metas who isn't a violent criminal and had plenty of spunk, charm, looks, and a terrific voice, but she still ended up as doomed as the rest. Although I guess she was doomed the moment she became Ralph's love interest, given she's not Sue .
    I thought it was going to turn out her full name was Isabel Susan Bowen and that she tells her closest friends as well as boyfriends to call her "Sue."

Depending on how they play this, maybe when DeVoe jumps bodies again, she remains alive instead of a dead husk, just minus the powers.

I was wondering where the Cecile/Harry plot was heading, but I wasn't expecting it to finally lead to the creation of the Cerebral Inhibitor, nor that it would take Barry and Iris this long to remember what Savitar said. Not that it really seemed to help in the end when DeVoe used Kilg%re's power, though the show made a point that there was no real reason why the Inhibitor didn't work. Maybe there's something to that?
    Honestly, again, I think the point was to give some sort of out so that Sue, I mean Izzie, will be the lone bus meta who survives when DeVoe jumps bodies again. Kilg%re's power might have stopped it but that still might have been an unintended side effect. We'll see.

It's kind of funny watching the show try to workaround the fact that Team Flash now has four superpowered members by providing handy excuses for why certain members don't just go out in the field. Not that it seems to matter with DeVoe's overwhelming array of powers .
    That reminds me, does he have Fallout's powers? And he's just not going to use Black Bison's powers apparently.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'm probably the only one, but I prefer the so-called filler episodes where we meet the bad at the start of the episode and the bad is dealt with by the end of the episode. Back in the old days
    of Star Trek, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Adventures of Superman every single episode was a filler episode. There were no season long story arcs. At most there might be
    a two parter that lasted two weeks.

They sure are running with that sonic scream special effect on the CW shows. Black Siren & Black Canary on Arrow, Purity on Supergirl, now Izzy on The Flash.
    My ideal is self-contained episodes building up to an overall storyarc or, at least, more character progression. I love self-contained episodes but I'm not a big fan of how they would reset their characters and their world at the end of each episode. It's not for nothing that my three favourite hour-long shows of all time - Buffy, Freaks and Geeks and the West Wing - do this balancing traick so well.

The Flash would do well to take lessons from these sorts of shows - or even sitcomes like Scrubs and the Office.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Apart from some very few scenes, I have yet to see how this season is supposedly more 'lighthearted' than the last two.

If anything, it is even MORE depressing.

Ultimate Member

Also it's continuing the trend from Season 2 and 3 of starting out with a potentially cool/interesting villain, only to make them less so as time goes on.

Isn't Barry the one who usually refuses to give up when someone's life is at stake? He sure seemed to take Izzy's impending (and, immediately later, actual) death pretty well.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

Well he did kill a couple of baddies that Zoom sent after him early on in Season 2, and didn't seem particularly bothered by it afterwards. So like many heroes, Barry's "moral code" is plot-convenient.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Isn't Barry the one who usually refuses to give up when someone's life is at stake? He sure seemed to take Izzy's impending (and, immediately later, actual) death pretty well.

Sandy Hausler
    Apparent death.

Retired

It bothered me that, when DeVoe took over Izzy, he still had her southern accent. When DeVoe plays the fiddle it's a different kind of music from what Izzy plays--so you'd think he would speak in his own accent.

As soon as Flash brought her to STAR Labs, his cover was already blown, because Iris West is right there. They really have to make some effort to disguise the whole team, if Barry and Ralph want their identities to be secret from guests. They could all use the same device that H.R. had. Or wear glasses.

Hartley Sawyer got to play his scenes with some seriousness this time instead of hamming it up. So I thought that was good. And pairing Harry with Cecile helped to improve the Girl with Something Extra plot. But otherwise, this was a fairly forgettable episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Apart from some very few scenes, I have yet to see how this season is supposedly more 'lighthearted' than the last two.

If anything, it is even MORE depressing.
    It got to be a downer during the trial episodes, but on the whole this season has been 'lighthearted" nearly to the point of being out of place. Like slapstick lighthearted.