Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    At least they gave fair warning to not read the book and hope for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Amy guesses on the 2 additional members?

Place your bets
    Bets, Rach, Rems, Ric, Bei, Meggs, Star, Pete, aaand

Apocalypse.

Astonishing Member

Hell no to Apocalypse. Jaspers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'd love to see them rescue Redroot and then she joins the squad.
    That's what I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The only book that is really changing is Marauders.
    But it’s a bold new era
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Kylun and Feron.
    Cerise and Micromax
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'd love to see them rescue Redroot and then she joins the squad.
    That's a great idea! I always wanted to see more of her.

I wouldn't mind Pete Wisdom being on the team as well.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm assuming the two secret Knights end up being a rescued Redroot, and Death, who did pretty much already promise he'd throw in with Betsy and mutantkind if Sevalith also ended up declaring war on all witchbreed, which uh, they basically pretty much did.

All-New Member

Pete Wisdon and Kylun

Oh, sure, let’s give a writer who can’t give enough attention to her current cast MORE characters to neglect…

Which sucks, because I love the Davis Excalibur. Maybe that title can be redeemed with a return of the classic team and Feron, Cerise, Kylun, and Micromax.

We still have Destiny's prophecy about one of the Cuckolds going to underworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh, sure, let’s give a writer who can’t give enough attention to her current cast MORE characters to neglect…

Which sucks, because I love the Davis Excalibur. Maybe that title can be redeemed with a return of the classic team and Feron, Cerise, Kylun, and Micromax.
    Alan Davis' run on Excalibur is chef's kiss, I'm with you, but I don't think the reality of all them returning would match the fantasy of it. I'm actually excited for the new title - it does seem more plot driven and not as character driven, but she's totally taking the oldest x-men story in the world and throwing it in a fascinating new setting, which seems pretty awesome.

Full disclosure: I do not have the vitriol toward the last Excalibur run that everyone else has here, but I also understood all the criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Alan Davis' run on Excalibur is chef's kiss, I'm with you, but I don't think the reality of all them returning would match the fantasy of it. I'm actually excited for the new title - it does seem more plot driven and not as character driven, but she's totally taking the oldest x-men story in the world and throwing it in a fascinating new setting, which seems pretty awesome.

Full disclosure: I do not have the vitriol toward the last Excalibur run that everyone else has here, but I also understood all the criticisms.
    I also didn’t vehemently despise the run either. I had issues with characters getting neglected and some characters (Roma especially) not looking or acting like they do traditionally (pretty much how Claremont and Davis depicted them), but I never dropped the title or hated it. I just hoped it would get better. Rictor’s complete change of character was annoying as well.

Astonishing Member

In all fairness, I think worldbuilding is one of Howard's strengths, like she definitely has interesting ideas and I love what she's done in building up distinct parts of Otherworld, like each of the provinces like Sevalith, the Crooked Market, the Everforge, etc, all really feel like they have their own identity. And I'm still intrigued to see her follow through on the hints dropped about Mercator and what he's up to in his own little province now. The problem I've had is that at times its felt like she's more interested in writing her own concepts and just using popular X-Men to push them rather than writing these known and established characters first and foremost and exploring her worldbuilding in the process....like its a matter of prioritization. I don't DISLIKE her new concepts by any means, but my attachment is to the characters first so I'm always gonna be a bit meh about seeing them wasted or treated like square pegs being shoved through round holes in order to make one of her plots work....but I am still hopeful that she can improve on that and make it less of a problem in a more contained series moving forward, where it feels like there's more opportunity for character work while the plot has them definitively split off and separated from all the sweeping largess of Krakoa and its many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Amy guesses on the 2 additional members?

Place your bets
    Wow there are a LOT of British mutants!

I wouldn’t mind seeing Micromax here and Spitfire.

Skein isn’t UK but she’s Romanian. I’d welcome her on any mutant team.

S.T.R.I.K.E should increase their number with many of the Brit psychics, Emma Steed, Tangerine, and others.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume