Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I initially held off on reading this because the first couple of pages just...Didn't grab me. As much as I wanted to like it because it's Gar, I just wasn't feeling it.

But MAN am I happy I gave this book a second chance. By the end, I was actually kinda upset that it was over. It had a painfully slow start but once things got rolling, I was really into it. Definitely looking forward to the next one with Raven.

The graphic novel made me think Garfield could handle his own solo. I'd tap this team to do it in the main line.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The graphic novel made me think Garfield could handle his own solo. I'd tap this team to do it in the main line.
    I've had that impression ever since I read that mini from Johns.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Beast Boy, along with Donna Troy, returns in Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special

TEEN TITANS: ENDLESS WINTER SPECIAL #1

written by ANDY LANNING and RON MARZ
    art by JESUS MERINO
    backup story art by MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    ONE SHOT | ON SALE 12/15/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    “Endless Winter” chapter six! Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow embark on a bonding exercise with new partners from the original New Teen Titans: Donna Troy and Beast Boy? Everyone’s limits will be tested as they brave the challenges of holiday shopping in Manhattan! And then, the city is buried in snow! When they discover a teen whose powers are triggered by the extreme cold, the team must decide if this new arrival is a future hero or villain. And in the past, Black Adam battles the Frost King with devastating consequences.

I felt that Beast Boy could be a marketable character to the young demographic, he is young with a colourful personality, he also has a unique look, can morph into animals which kids love and have a similar vibe to Spiderman, he has serious potential to be a major player (pretty much all the NTT characters). Would like to see him have a mini or maxi-series about him since he is the only one out of the Wolfman-Perez additions who does not have a series
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-15-2020 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I felt that Beast Boy could be a marketable character to the young demographic, he is young with a colourful personality, he also has a unique look, can morph into animals which kids love and have a similar vibe to Spiderman, he has serious potential to be a major player (pretty much all the NTT characters). Would like to see him have a mini or maxi-series about him since he is the only one out of the Wolfman-Perez additions who does not have a series
    I think Beast Boy is probably the most effective of the main Titans in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Beast Boy, along with Donna Troy, returns in Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special

TEEN TITANS: ENDLESS WINTER SPECIAL #1

written by ANDY LANNING and RON MARZ
    art by JESUS MERINO
    backup story art by MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    ONE SHOT | ON SALE 12/15/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    “Endless Winter” chapter six! Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow embark on a bonding exercise with new partners from the original New Teen Titans: Donna Troy and Beast Boy? Everyone’s limits will be tested as they brave the challenges of holiday shopping in Manhattan! And then, the city is buried in snow! When they discover a teen whose powers are triggered by the extreme cold, the team must decide if this new arrival is a future hero or villain. And in the past, Black Adam battles the Frost King with devastating consequences.
    Heh...I heard from a friend that Gar and Donna were teaming up with these guys and yet this still surprises me. I'm actually not sure how I feel about it. Like...On one hand, more Gar is always good. But...this just gives me the feeling that these Titans are actually sticking around and I really don't want that lol. Wasn't this series supposed to be ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Beast Boy is probably the most effective of the main Titans in that respect.
    True, but I think he is overshadowed by Dick, Wally, Victor, Kori and Raven. He never really got any respect compared to the five that I have mentioned, he has serious potential to be a breakout character if he was in an animated movie or live-action movie, he is pretty well-known to the casual audience due to his appearance and longevity in animation.

Incredible Member

True, but I think he is overshadowed by Dick, Wally, Victor, Kori and Raven. He never really got any respect compared to the five that I have mentioned, he has serious potential to be a breakout character if he was in an animated movie or live-action movie, he is pretty well-known to the casual audience due to his appearance and longevity in animation.
    That's honestly how I felt as well, but he been played up by the comedic relief stereotype.

I always thought his jokes were a way alleviate the dire situation, and to keep the team and himself from spiraling into depression. But instead it's like he's written to never take any situation seriously.

Another member Ascended pitched a solo where BB was an adult celebrity activist and part time hero.

Or you could use BB as a POV character for Doom Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Another member Ascended pitched a solo where BB was an adult celebrity activist and part time hero.

Or you could use BB as a POV character for Doom Patrol.
    The "adult celebrity activist" part sounds more like Vixen than Beast Boy. In Vixen's Rebirth issue, she was a celebrity and a "media darling" who had had her own talk show.

Below is what I posted in the Vixen thread on January 18, 2020 about her "Rebirth" issue that was written by Steve Orlando for his "Justice League of America" book:

"Here are some concepts in canon for Vixen from the most recent (cancelled) Justice League America book in which she was a team member. These concepts can be used in a potential future solo ongoing series for her:

1. McCabe Foundation
    2. Her face has graced hundreds of magazines and she's inspired waves of fashion designers
    3. She's a runway icon
    4. She conquered reality TV with her hit show "Catwalk Carnage"
    5. Known worldwide for her work protecting the planet's most idiosyncratic and at-risk species
    6. She's a supermodel (not just a fashion model)
    7. She's a reality star
    8. She's an animal activist
    9. She's a tabloid darling
    10. She earned a reputation for her enigmatic attitude early in her career
    11. She established after-school enrichment programs which have been around for 7 years and have helped thousands of kids
    12. She has an agent named Gary
    13. Someone named Janeka Ebimobo apparently works for her and gave her a phone number she asked for (the book doesn't say what Janeka's role is)
    14. Mari is connected to all living creatures on the planet
    15. She has a social media coordinator named Eunice
    16. Mari has multiple brands, foundations, charities and enrichment programs"
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-16-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member

Beast boy is forever 15 despite being 24 years old
    I’m glad raven been doing solo work and adventures so she can grow past him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Raven has solo work, but she is also trapped in the "teen character" concept. So, I really doubt she could grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What is the oldest Beast Boy's been? 18? I'm 99% sure he was legal by late Post-Crisis.

I'm kind of wondering about Raven too, but I think she rebirthed herself into a quasi-18 year old body in the Johns run.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Raven has solo work, but she is also trapped in the "teen character" concept. So, I really doubt she could grow.
    It doesn't help that her character is built entirely from Trigon is her dad that most of the writers seem unable to do something different with her that does not related to Trigon.