Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Superman (DCEU) in the MCU

What happens when Superman from the DCEU is flung into the MCU and not able to get back home?

1) Snyder version

2) Whedon version

Extraordinary Member

Does he appear in any specific point of the MCU?

Swiss army nerd

After the obligatory scuffle with the Avengers due to a misunderstanding or something, he joins the team. Several threats are dealt with incredibly quickly, there's very little in the MCU that would worry him. He probably finds a lot of comfort in being part of such an organised team, as he was always a little lost in MoS and BvS.

If he shows up pre-civil war, he sides with Cap. MoS showed the military try and get him on side and he said no. Superman would not wait to be told who he can save and when. As such, the civil war ends very quickly. Or its nature changes completely to be MCU military + Stark gunning for Superman before they can move on enforcing the Accords. Still, he does fine.

If he shows up before Thanos and co arrive, the snap doesn't happen. He's either on Titan and Thanos is stopped cold there, or he's on Earth and...Thanos is stopped cold there.

Basically a much happier MCU, where no one was ever blinked out of existence for 5 years, with global infrastructure collapose, only to pretend it never happened.

I know there's a split between Snyder and Whedon version, but the only real difference is a little levity and a chunk of speed. Either way, he's more than powerful enough to convincingly and emphatically turn the tide in any major MCU event.

Well prior to his speed upgrade in JL, Supes was generally more of a peer of Thors. As such; I don't see a Snyder Supes doing much better against Thanks that Hulk and Thor did until the Snyder cut of JL comes out.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If he showed up straight from MoS, he'd probably just hide like he was in that movie. With nobody to force him to hero up, he wouldn't. He's rather mope, work crap jobs, steal clothes and occasionally wreck someone's entire livelihood because the person was rude to him in a restaurant.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Either version mopes because he just lost the woman he loves.

Snyder version realizes he's in a world where he's mostly accepted. The Avengers ask him to join and he reveals he has a big, dark secret. They tense and ask him what it is. He says, "In order to save the lives of a family including children, I killed a guy."
    Tony Stark: "And?"
    Superman: "I killed a guy- by breaking his neck".
    Thor: "And?"
    Superman: "Later, I killed another guy who was about to murder my girlfriend".
    Natasha: "Dude, that's Tuesday around here. You'd be an uncaring ass if you hadn't done that".

As for Whedon Superman, "Wow. A world where people appreciate my humor".
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If he showed up straight from MoS, he'd probably just hide like he was in that movie. With nobody to force him to hero up, he wouldn't. He's rather mope, work crap jobs, steal clothes and occasionally wreck someone's entire livelihood because the person was rude to him in a restaurant.
    He only wrecked the guys vehicle iirc. Said guy also sexually assaulted(groped) his coworker.

Pretty sure if Clark saw the Avengers in action hed be inspired to join them.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Did Whedon Superman even tell jokes?

Anyways, I generally agree with greatmetropolitans assessment.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Did Whedon Superman even tell jokes?

Anyways, I generally agree with greatmetropolitans assessment.
    More like quips and joking around.

Ma'am, is this man still bothering you?

Of course, if you lose, you're off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    More like quips and joking around.

Ma'am, is this man still bothering you?

Of course, if you lose, you're off the team.
    Fair enough.

And yeah, Clark smashing that dudes truck up was very NOT Superman.

Anyways, in the MCU, he breaks the power curve pretty solidly aside from perhaps Captain Marvel. If he shows up early enough in the MCU's timeline, it would be interesting to see how major conflicts played out. The invasion of New York for example. Or being on the Helicarrier as Loki tricks Banner into Hulking out.

Curious what people would think would happen if Wanda had screwed with his mind when she managed to get Thor etc as well
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Fair enough.

Wat. Yes it was lol. Smallville Supes did it as well to a highschool bullies car.

Not sure how trashing someones vehicle because they deserve it isn't a Superman thing really, since it is kinda part of his thing . That isn't even getting into Reeves Superman putting a guy into a hospital because he beat him up while he had no powers:

I mean...compared to that? Trashing a dicks car is pretty tame.
    Last edited by Cody; 09-20-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Golden Age Superman wrecked petty businessmen and such as he did not agree with their policies before super villains and such.

Movie Supes beating up a bully or the truck wreck is in character.

Swiss army nerd

I'm no great fan of the Snyder take on Superman, but what I will say is, I think the truck wrecking scene is basically showing how frustrated Clark is. He's been told to hide his entire life by his dad, who then died, so he's got that hanging over him, blocking out his good nature that tells him to step in and help. He couldn't stop trucker guy being a douche, so it boiled over and he wrecked the truck. Not a single tear was shed. (not for nothing, but Jonathan's fears came true almost immediately, Clark showed himself to the world and the first thing they did was slap him in handcuffs.)

And I'll take "I desperately want to help but have been conditioned not to" early Clark over actual weapons manufacturer and killer of middle eastern people he didn't like early Tony Stark any day of the week.

Fair enough.

Anyways, in the MCU, he breaks the power curve pretty solidly aside from perhaps Captain Marvel. If he shows up early enough in the MCU's timeline, it would be interesting to see how major conflicts played out. The invasion of New York for example. Or being on the Helicarrier as Loki tricks Banner into Hulking out.

Curious what people would think would happen if Wanda had screwed with his mind when she managed to get Thor etc as well
    The truck thing is an endless debate and unfortunate because it shows how locked into a certain era and image Superman is and any attempt to break out of that results in "Superman wouldn't do that". The guy had it coming and it was more for what he did to the woman although, to be sure, it shows Clark is not perfect and can enjoy a bit of revenge. Reading into it that it destroyed the guy's living, as some do, is, well, reading into it.

As to Superman in the MCU, if he shows up before or during the Avengers movie, I think he singlehandedly more than doubles their power. With his strength and flight combined with his sheer speed, he's going to take out most of the invaders by himself.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

On the topic of the truck scene, that whole thing was weird to me.

Like, I've worked service jobs and the like and, while never in the US, if a customer groped a waitress and then threw **** in a waiters face, tried to start a fight and then was verbally abusive as well, then they would get chucked out of the establishment and probably banned from coming back.

Like, I don't get why Clark didn't just pick the guy up and chuck him out of the diner? I mean, even forgetting that he's Superman for the moment, Clark was like a foot taller than a guy and is built like a traction engine. It would attract no undue attention for him to manhandle a guy. Why not just chuck him into the snow?

Destroying the truck was an overreaction and ultimately brought more attention to him. Made no sense to me.