Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    but it does to many others who want to see more diversity in all forms.
    Anyone who says they want "more of X" isnt after diversity they are after quotas which is a bad way to write.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Anyone who says they want "more of X" isnt after diversity they are after quotas which is a bad way to write.
    Sure, Jan.

I would have thought that HELA, Goddess of Death would have gotten a big push after Cate Blanchette's standout portrayal of the character in RAGNAROK.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hela_(Earth-616)

LILITH, Mother of Demons deserves another shot if we are resurrecting interest in occult titles.
    https://www.marvel.com/characters/li...ther-of-demons

Also DR. MONICA RAPPACINNI, Scientist Supreme is a catchy codename and perhaps a distinctive visual away from breaking thru as an A-list contender as well.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Monic...ni_(Earth-616)

Sure, Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This is amazing .

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Superia and her ridiculous plan to turn male superheroes into women was always a favorite who I think should be revamped and recontextualized.
    I am also sick of villainesses that are all about sex and seduction. I want to see evil women who are as intimidating and powerful in their villainy as Dr. Doom, Magneto, and Galactus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Superia and her ridiculous plan to turn male superheroes into women was always a favorite who I think should be revamped and recontextualized.
    I am also sick of villainesses that are all about sex and seduction. I want to see evil women who are as intimidating and powerful in their villainy as Dr. Doom, Magneto, and Galactus.
    What about Hera? Like she was the foe of Hercules and also Selene gallo

Mighty Member

It is troubling that we almost *never* get a big female baddie in any events.

Even more troubling is the amount of femme fatales the top female villains for Marvel are. DC definitely has a more prevalent and diverse cast of female villains, but this might be largely in part due to DC having Wonder Woman, who has a massive amount of female enemies.

It would be nice to see Viper given more spotlight, or Superia, or Enchantress (who needs to stop flirting with the idea of reformation).
    Circe,Ivana,and Hera were the big bads of their respected series.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I would have thought that HELA, Goddess of Death would have gotten a big push after Cate Blanchette's standout portrayal of the character in RAGNAROK.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hela_(Earth-616)
    I came in to write this; how is Hela not a big bad in the Marvel Universe. I was really surprised that Aaron didn't use her.

But to answer the question; yes there are a lack of major lady villains.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I came in to write this; how is Hela not a big bad in the Marvel Universe. I was really surprised that Aaron didn't use her.

But to answer the question; yes there are a lack of major lady villains.
    Aaron did use her a little...now, whether he used her well is a whole other story.

To be honest I would've rather have seen Hela in a big way then a female Surtur, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aaron did use her a little...now, whether he used her well is a whole other story.

To be honest I would've rather have seen Hela in a big way then a female Surtur, but that's just me.
    totally agree, but I don't think Hela would be a flunky of Malakith

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Another reason why we don't have as many female villains is that their really aren't any established archetypes to fall back on, other then the man hater, the seductress and the evil mom. Superhero stories are essentially exercises in archetype use and reuse. For example when you think of a fire themed superhero what traits do you usually think of?

they tend to be young, a hot headed personality, and if they are female they are almost always red heads. That is the trope. Certain archetypes tend to have certain personality traits attached to them. A creator might start off trying to subvert a cliché but overtime most characters revert to the underlying archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Another reason why we don't have as many female villains is that their really aren't any established archetypes to fall back on, other then the man hater, the seductress and the evil mom. Superhero stories are essentially exercises in archetype use and reuse. For example when you think of a fire themed superhero what traits do you usually think of?

they tend to be young, a hot headed personality, and if they are female they are almost always red heads. That is the trope. Certain archetypes tend to have certain personality traits attached to them. A creator might start off trying to subvert a cliché but overtime most characters revert to the underlying archetype.
    excellent point.

The closest we got was the Skrull Queen that didn't behave like a "Queen" in western media

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post

There's also the "evil goddess" archetype.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's also the "evil goddess" archetype.
    True.

Would Veranke fall under that? She believed herself to be a holy figure.