Page 37 of 190 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

On the other hand i think people here watched too much WaTX & take it as canon.Really laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    You lost all credibility there.There's nothing to discuss with you about.
    Did you ever read Morrison run?

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    (Meant to post this here)

Can I just say that I love both Jott and Scemma?

The way this forums behaves, I feel like I'm not just a minority on this but an outright weirdo.

I think Jean and Scott are soul mates, but Jott was heading in a bad direction.
    Largely because of Scott. He was still too repressed and withdrawn with Jean, despite her loving encouragement.
    He needed Emma's 'tough love' approach to directly confront his issues and become an actual person.

I was sad to see Scemma end, but I was satisfied with the way it did.
    I was very disappointed to see Emma turn crazy villain once Scott died.
    If I liked Jott, I owuld never really like Scemma. scemma totally spit on anything Jott
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-15-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Did you ever read Morrison run?

If I liked Jott, I owuld never really like Scemma. scemma totally spit on anything Jott
    It's clear you don't like Emma, don't like Scott, and I even hesitate to say if you like Jean considering.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's clear you don't like Emma, don't like Scott, and I even hesitate to say if you like Jean considering.
    I like Jean, tha tis why I can't stand Emma and Cyclops

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    By the early 90, there wasn't really any attraction, as i said, Jean was a regular guest start in Logan solo after X-Tincion Agenda (their second kiss hapenned there), during Larry Hama's run that lasted from 91 to 97, she basically was helping him with the fake memory implants, she was his nurse/therapist/friend that tried to be there for him as much as she could and was very fearfull of his feral regression but there was never any hint of anything romantic beyond the AoA universe (wicth doesn't reallh count) and when she goes to Logan in Morrison's run, is not really about then, is ablut Scott and their problems, again i don't justify it but i kind of see the narrative and is one of the many reasons of why he stop her and tells her that "it would have never worked between us".

As for Jogan itself, honestly outside the AOA universe, i think that is a very toxic relationship that doesn't do any good for then.

Yep, yep and yep. Jean was certainly never a regular in WOLVERINE, but there were a bunch of individual appearances. There is no romantic tension there. After XTINCTION, AOA aside, it's pretty much dead. It's why it was so overrated. It's a couple of isolated incidents with no followup. First time they were alone, after XTINCTION, the scene should have been filled with romantic tension. There is none because it was never any kind of ongoing triangle where anyone thinks Logan has a chance.

Much as I disliked Morrison's X Men, if you are going to insist on a Jean/Logan kiss where she is at least an active participant(I read it as she initiated it), I found the way Morrison handled it palatable.
    Because, as you pointed out, the entire scene is about Scott. It's about how distraught Jean is, not how hot she is for Logan. Mind you, that only carries so far. She slept with Logan, distraught or not, I'd be just as critical of her as I have been Scott.

I was certainly never for Jogan. However, I would buy it more than Scemma. Logan and Jean have/had, if nothing else, a real friendship as a foundation. Something to build on. And the most diehard Jott fan can't deny that she was at least attracted to him. They don't have to like it, I didn't. Still, I think the evidence shows it was there, retconned in though it might be.

BANNED

Emma is ok. She needs a writer to give her some agency, and that whole "I dress scantily to disarm men" thing is a weak excuse for cheesecake, but she has potential as a serious character.

I don't take any claims to liking Jott seriously and think fandom of that ship is mostly pretty one-sided. I find it mostly to be about the appearance of one part of the duo and not so much about either of the characters/personalities involved. As I said earlier, I think you could swap out Jean for literally any female character and most would be fine. Which is how you get "fans of both" Jott and Scemma lol.

As for Jean herself, that's my A1 comic character. Not just X-Men, but out of ALL comics related heroes.

I just wish they'd more consistently and prolongedly allow her do something besides:

1. Cheer on her boyfriend
    2. Cheer on her boyfriend from the grave
    3. Discover annoying destiny kids

She's got waaay more potential as a character than that.

And for the love of god, let her wear her rightfully-earned codename and Phoenix costumes. Even if the Phoenix is "gone*".

*being used by Cyclops/Wolverine/Avengers/Thor/whoever because their mythology isn't interesting.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 10-15-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I swear im confused to how this thread once again turned into a "Im not a fan of Emma or Scott...but I love Jean "
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Emma is ok. She needs a writer to give her some agency, and that whole "I dress scantily to disarm men" thing is a weak excuse for cheesecake, but she has potential as a serious character.

I don't take any claims to liking Jott seriously and think fandom of that ship is mostly pretty one-sided. I find it mostly to be about the appearance of one part of the duo and not so much about either of the characters/personalities involved. As I said earlier, I think you could swap out Jean for literally any female character and most would be fine. Which is how you get "fans of both" Jott and Scemma lol.

As for Jean herself, that's my A1 comic character. Not just X-Men, but out of ALL comics related heroes.

I just wish they'd more consistently and prolongedly allow her do something besides:

1. Cheer on her boyfriend
    2. Cheer on her boyfriend from the grave
    3. Discover annoying destiny kids

She's got waaay more potential as a character than that.

And for the love of god, let her wear her rightfully-earned codename and Phoenix costumes. Even if the Phoenix is "gone*".

*being used by Cyclops/Wolverine/Avengers/Thor/whoever because their mythology isn't interesting.
    Jean was never a sided kick, cheer leader, arm candy, that was Emma.

I like Jott and Jean is my favorite character. Nobody said you were the voice of all Jean fans. all you have is YOUR opinion, totally respectable but yours.
    i could say the same that you say all the time, that for example all Jean/Logan fans are wolverine fans, who self-insert as wolverine and just want a hot arm candy.
    but that wouldn't be the true.
    don't confuse your biased view of the topic, characters, relationships or fans with reality.
    You know absolutely nothing about me, my sexuality, race or politics.

You don't like the relationship, it's fine but that doesn't make it what you want it to be.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-15-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I like Jott and Jean is my favorite character. Nobody said you were the voice of all Jean fans. all you have is YOUR opinion, totally respectable but yours.
    i could say the same that you say all the time, that for example all Jean/Logan fans are wolverine fans, who self-insert as wolverine and just want a hot arm candy.
    don't confuse your biased view of the topic, characters, relationships or fans with reality.

You don't like the relationship, it's fine but that doesn't make it what you want it to be.
    Emma wasn't really that either, but I don't expect Jean fans to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma wasn't really that either, but I don't expect Jean fans to see that.
    okay, emma wasn't but my point was that jean wasn't a glorified arm candy. Jean is her own character with or without scott. because aparently she isn't

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I didn't say anything about you at all, let alone your race/sexuality/politics.

BANNED

Looks like what one particular fan needs is another comic company which will publish just his/her's favorite comic character.

#Selljeangreymarvel

#jeanisbetterwithoutmarvel

Edit:Rightfully earned=eating a sun & causing death to billions of D'bari people.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-15-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I didn't say anything about you at all, let alone your race/sexuality/politics.
    I know you hate the relationship, there are ton of reasons for that. it's totally understandable. the true is that it has caused some problems to Jean.

but i like it, that is life we all have different tastes, maybe i'm a bit sensitive if that's the case i apologize.
    but i just feel alluded when you say that everybody who likes it is a racist, mysoginist, trump supporter, hates jean, cyclops fan. i'm nothing of that.

Jean is a great character, she is your favorite and mine too. that's what matters, not with who she sleeps. That is just a small part of who she is.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-15-2018 at 05:39 PM.

I have been cheering for Jean/Logan for months. I don't hate the couple/fans, there is nothing wrong with it. I just wanted to make that clear.