Page 275 of 371 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5560

Blowing out a stiff sigh, Zaofan began to vigorously rub his palms together, perspiration peeling away the grime that had accumulated, and with it the shakiness in his wrists as he prepared the forbidden techniques he'd attained by peeping into a place he didn't belong.

It always came back to that. A moment's curiosity thrust him into the thrall of a Master of Assassins that would put the body against himself. Still, if he could harness the knowledge, he'd attempt to use it for good.

We don't have Dragonballs to rely on...Hokuto shinken don't fail me now!

Reaching into a pocket, he produced a fine, breathable linen, and gingerly swept Totoma's eyes closed. Then he began to prod the meridians of the body, starting with the flesh of the neck around the carotids.

Still warm, but only just...the faster this bleeding goes and leaves him...

What was he doing? Zaofan knew he was no surgeon! But ki was ki, no matter the medium. There was something he could do about this, but he just couldn't see it yet...

Shiatsu Seiten!

Striking key pressure points, he arrested the bloodflow; applied with a little ki and circulatory momentum, he could stop it from quickening, which bought him precious minutes to figure out what to do about a chest cavity without a heart.

"Oof...hold on, buddy," Zaofan said, cradling Totoma's considerable frame in his lean arms as he bound off to flight, "you're not punching out if I can help it..."

Scanning the terrain, he spotted a little house that somehow stood undisturbed despite the chaos that erupted. Anywhere was better than here, so he approached the abode, and kicked the door in.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Blowing out a stiff sigh, Zaofan began to vigorously rub his palms together, perspiration peeling away the grime that had accumulated, and with it the shakiness in his wrists as he prepared the forbidden techniques he'd attained by peeping into a place he didn't belong.

It always came back to that. A moment's curiosity thrust him into the thrall of a Master of Assassins that would put the body against himself. Still, if he could harness the knowledge, he'd attempt to use it for good.

We don't have Dragonballs to rely on...Hokuto shinken don't fail me now!

Reaching into a pocket, he produced a fine, breathable linen, and gingerly swept Totoma's eyes closed. Then he began to prod the meridians of the body, starting with the flesh of the neck around the carotids.

Still warm, but only just...the faster this bleeding goes and leaves him...

What was he doing? Zaofan knew he was no surgeon! But ki was ki, no matter the medium. There was something he could do about this, but he just couldn't see it yet...

Shiatsu Seiten!

Striking key pressure points, he arrested the bloodflow; applied with a little ki and circulatory momentum, he could stop it from quickening, which bought him precious minutes to figure out what to do about a chest cavity without a heart.

"Oof...hold on, buddy," Zaofan said, cradling Totoma's considerable frame in his lean arms as he bound off to flight, "you're not punching out if I can help it..."

Scanning the terrain, he spotted a little house that somehow stood undisturbed despite the chaos that erupted. Anywhere was better than here, so he approached the abode, and kicked the door in.
    ————

Lord Forger waited until Inanna and Etrina both stepped through before he did as well, materializing in his home. Large bangs and sounds of fighting could be heard traversing into the distance outside, and he immediately knew two were dead and only one remained close still fighting.

He starts gathering up a few things when all of a sudden his door is kicked in.

Sighing, he turns and looks at the human carrying the half-saiyan.

“You apparently require assistance since you kicked my door in. How can I help you, human?”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 12-24-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OOC: in case it was missed
    Faintly she can sense some few on distant Darkle.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    To Parsley's surprised, the construct wasn't as dull as she previously thought. Or, perhaps it was acting purely on instinct. Either way, it struck and attempted to mold itself to her katchin skin.

"Hmph!" she grunted. She didn't anticipate that, but she was far from caught off-guard.

Sorcerer's Bane

With the creature as close to her as one person could get to another, there was no means of escape. Her anti-magic flared, taking the form of a thing white field between the two of them. It wasn't to protect Parsley from hard. Rather, it began to drain the construct of the mana that had brought it to life.
    With a final shriek, it seems to loose cohesion and slides down to the bottom of your barrier in a pool of useless blood.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    One down, god knows how many to go. Still, he couldn't just float in one place... he had to advance!

Maintaining and reinforcing his Razorback, Totoma attempted to close the distance between himself and the Wolf God... and some guy he presumed was this 'Sihn', only stopping to block--or, usually, deflect--another of the Wolf God's blasts. It was slow going, however, because ignoring any one of them would likely mean oblivion for those behind him.

Damned coward.
    Eventually, Totoma manages to block all the blasts heading towards the souls.

Behind him, the tall figure of Sheki’hinah, Inanna’s mother, has been shepherding the souls away and seems to get them out of the Wolf God’s range.

Sihn, however, has not been doing so well. The Wolf god sends the man tricking into Snake Way, cratering it as the beast flies down after him. A bullet of Creational energy shoots out at him and punches him back,, allowing Sihn to get up, but his enemy carries on down to him, howling the entire time.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Beast God is rocked slightly back, blinded by his own blood and Blizzar’s uppercut.

And thus he doesn’t notice Charco Rex’s attack until it is too late.

The black hole inverts inside him and dumps the massive amount of energy. Like a grotesque tumor the energy bumbles and roars out of the Beast God, balloons out his left side and exploding him.

With a roar, he staggers, his left torso, arm, and part of his hip just gone.

Praxat, Dash, now is the time to strike!

Dash fires as much energy as she can at the massively wounded God.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With a final shriek, it seems to loose cohesion and slides down to the bottom of your barrier in a pool of useless blood.
    "Tch."

Parsley wasted no time. She gathered the blood around her and began forming the rune for a spell. The shield around her shrank and formed a skin-tight barrier around herself.

"Sihn? No!" She rocketed toward Snake Way.

Sihn, however, has not been doing so well. The Wolf god sends the man tricking into Snake Way, cratering it as the beast flies down after him. A bullet of Creational energy shoots out at him and punches him back,, allowing Sihn to get up, but his enemy carries on down to him, howling the entire time.
    Mirror's Edge

Suddenly, Sihn disappeared. Parsley immediately appeared in his place, poised to trigger her spell even as Wolf God beared down on her. "I'm putting you down for good."

The bloody rune flashed and exploded into a swarm of rabid bats. The flying rodents flew around Wolf God like a cloud of gnats, and exploded on contact.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With combined efforts, Sasheem your molten self is immune and Sarada, your gift from Neva keeps you safe from the cold.

Ochazuke, your own addition staves it off as well and as the Ruination Goddess looks at you, her half face smirks. You cannot seem to turn the power away as you had the Rings.

You do observe that unlike Inanna, Ishtar’s Hakai is...twisted up into Ruination to the point she probably has a hard time actually using Hakai proper. You also sense that Ishtar’s Ruination is fit personified, and that it twists and eats just under her skin. Her Vitalmancy feeds it when needed, but the more Ruination she uses the greater risk she runs in having it eat herself away too.

“I don’t fear Death. Not anymore. I fear parting without paying my revenges though.”

Orange light coalesces in her palm and forms a simple elegant Gladius blade that thrums with hunger and oaths and Ruination.

The Sword of Damocles.

“Which of you gets smote first? I’ll let you decide, human.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Tch."

Parsley wasted no time. She gathered the blood around her and began forming the rune for a spell. The shield around her shrank and formed a skin-tight barrier around herself.

"Sihn? No!" She rocketed toward Snake Way.

Mirror's Edge

Suddenly, Sihn disappeared. Parsley immediately appeared in his place, poised to trigger her spell even as Wolf God beared down on her. "I'm putting you down for good."

The bloody rune flashed and exploded into a swarm of rabid bats. The flying rodents flew around Wolf God like a cloud of gnats, and exploded on contact.
    Only to revert into Sarada’s form instead of bats and punch you again.

A ruse.

The Gallows Lord laughs.

“My blood follows my commands. Always.”

He stops and looks around, growling as he sees and senses Sihn. He flies towards him, but not before pitching another blood vial at Parsley.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Beast God is rocked slightly back, blinded by his own blood and Blizzar’s uppercut.

And thus he doesn’t notice Charco Rex’s attack until it is too late.

The black hole inverts inside him and dumps the massive amount of energy. Like a grotesque tumor the energy bumbles and roars out of the Beast God, balloons out his left side and exploding him.

With a roar, he staggers, his left torso, arm, and part of his hip just gone.

Praxat, Dash, now is the time to strike!

Dash fires as much energy as she can at the massively wounded God.
    Praxat fires off charge out a charged up condense wave of raw electromagnetic energy towards The Beast God from her right arm. This time with her newly Awaken form. The attack is vastly more powerful than before.

She also sends out raw electromagnetic energy from her plasma field by focusing it into one blast. She does this at the same time she fires off a charged up condense wave of raw electromagnetic energy with no delay in between.

Thanks to her body, matching the speed of her supercharged mind in her newly awakened form.

Skysplitter & Tesla strike
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Faintly she can sense some few on distant Darkle.
    Darkle.

"Hmm... Fuck." Inanna leaves a clone behind to inform Etrina upon her return, before blinking from Earth, to Darkle.

OT: What greets her when she gets there, Cleric?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Only to revert into Sarada’s form instead of bats and punch you again.

A ruse.

The Gallows Lord laughs.

“My blood follows my commands. Always.”

He stops and looks around, growling as he sees and senses Sihn. He flies towards him, but not before pitching another blood vial at Parsley.
    Parsley growled. She should have known it wouldn't be that easy, but Sihn's life being in mortal danger pressed her to act when given even the smallest reprieve. He was safe for the moment, but that safety was only temporary, as was her reprieve. The Sarada construct had returned and struck an annoying blow, and another threatened to join the fray as Wolf God continued his pursuit.

"Tch!" She quickly gathered the blood from her earlier wounds inflicted by the construct. She had a rune in mind, and didn't need much time to form it. "I'll give him credit," she said as the rune appeared in front of her, "you're about as dull as the original."

The rune flash and ignited in a burst of white hot flames. She took aim at the incoming vial of blood and let loose a stream of fire in an attempt to incinerate it.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

————

Lord Forger waited until Inanna and Etrina both stepped through before he did as well, materializing in his home. Large bangs and sounds of fighting could be heard traversing into the distance outside, and he immediately knew two were dead and only one remained close still fighting.

He starts gathering up a few things when all of a sudden his door is kicked in.

Sighing, he turns and looks at the human carrying the half-saiyan.

“You apparently require assistance since you kicked my door in. How can I help you, human?”
    Hastily, Zaofan paced to the closest table. Gracelessy sweeping everything off of it to the floor in a great clatter, he laid Totoma on it in such a way that at the very least his head was supported and his back lay flat.

What've they been feeding you back home? The Half-Saiyan's legs feet swung over the edge, and so occupied he'd been in making sure the working surface was stable he hadn't noticed anyone else was in here until the Forger himself spoke.

Almost as if they'd been hiding in this cabin the whole time, Etrina was back! So was Inanna! But this guy, however, short of stature and craggy of face, he did not sit right with him. As he wheeled about to face him, there was a subtle red glow in Zaofan's eyes.

"For all you've done today, I should snap you like a wishbone," he said. Though the severity of his threat was diminished by the remaining ki he had, the body of the fallen warrior laid out before them more than spoke to the seriousness of the matter as he moved toward the reappeared group.

"It's just as much as you deserve...but I'm not the kind of man that would do something like that," he sighed. "And neither was he."

Studying the Forger's house, he took in the lay of the area, but was searching for three things in particular; water, and a source of heat, and a vessel.

"So why don't you go sit in the corner or something...I have work to do."

With combined efforts, Sasheem your molten self is immune and Sarada, your gift from Neva keeps you safe from the cold.

Ochazuke, your own addition staves it off as well and as the Ruination Goddess looks at you, her half face smirks. You cannot seem to turn the power away as you had the Rings.

You do observe that unlike Inanna, Ishtar’s Hakai is...twisted up into Ruination to the point she probably has a hard time actually using Hakai proper. You also sense that Ishtar’s Ruination is fit personified, and that it twists and eats just under her skin. Her Vitalmancy feeds it when needed, but the more Ruination she uses the greater risk she runs in having it eat herself away too.

“I don’t fear Death. Not anymore. I fear parting without paying my revenges though.”

Orange light coalesces in her palm and forms a simple elegant Gladius blade that thrums with hunger and oaths and Ruination.

The Sword of Damocles.

“Which of you gets smote first? I’ll let you decide, human.”
    It seemed whatever power could not be arrested as it had before. As the Sword of Damocles appeared, a cold, subtle whisper seemed to carry itself through its bearing, and replete with the all-consuming maw of such undisciplined Hakai, it was as if this were the ultimate expression of this Ishtar's reason for being.

"You think your mettle has been refined by this..." The words left him, filled with disgust, at the proclamation that she did not fear death.

"Bold words for one who deals in it so recklessly."

She bared the blade and asked him to choose.

Without a word, Ochazuke set foot on the ground. He drew upon the arts of the Wolf and the Bear and simply began to walk toward her. She'd left that world behind a long time ago, but at that moment, he seemed to walk in the shadow of the Sheriff, and the ground trembled as something else welled deep from within him.

A thing this one knew all to well. Life Energy.

She veered away and let loose a volley of energy blasts at the Ruin Goddess. Instead of trying to hit her directly, they swarmed around her like a hive of angry wasps. Some remained globules of energy and other elongated into beams. She held one last one in her hand, opting to wait and see how she was going to react to the distraction.
    His pace did not slow as he moved toward Ishtar as he stepped directly inside the field of Sarada's ki that rushed about her. His gradual steps remained steady as he moved forward, seemingly just one step ahead of the swarming path of Sarada's tempestuous energy storm.

When faced with life and death, very little remained to consider but a lifetime of training for these very moments.

Shoshin. Mushin. Zanshin.

Aware of everything in totality, it seemed as if something otherworldly shrouded him thinly as the energy projections flew around him; every passing moment, he drew closer.

OOC:
    Wolf's Prowl and Bear's Strength activated
    Shoshin Hiei: + evasion
    Mushin Nehan: + hit%/- opponent's execution
    Zanshin Touki: enhance next technique with Kiai
    Last edited by grampagen; 12-24-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

For the next several minutes, the three share multiple drinks and a comfortable silence.

Eventually, Vados orders spicy peanut noodles with beef and broccoli for all three of them and when the food arrives, Held has to admit it smells......heavenly.
    The Nevadian eyed the meal with a gaze more reminiscent of a wolf, than that of a Unicorn.

Idly, he wondered if it had been that long since he had stopped to enjoy a meal, or if being a spirit made him hungry.

Chopsticks in hand, he prepared to feast.

"So..What do Angels do here, if I may be so bold?" He began, picking up a piece of broccoli between, blowing lightly on it to cool it off, "I've only heard of two of your kind, and that was only in relation to Hammer---Er---A foe that my comrades and I had to vanquish not too long ago."

This smells delicious......Angels must really enjoy their food.

"I never really got around to looking into it, since this sorta thing is more the problem of my more...."

He paused, thinking of Asha'Rah, and Inanna, but Goddesses in their own right, from what he had gleaned between drinks. He also gleaned that mentioning them might be more of a headache than it was worth, given the level of antagonism each had managed to court one way or another.

Come to think of it, where the hell was Asha'Rah? Perhaps much had transpired since he returned to Nevada, and he was far too busy with paperwork, and repelling invasions to notice, but now that he actually sat down and reflected upon it...It was quite odd that neither hide nor hair of her had been sensed or mentioned in some time.

"...Well traveled and experienced friends." He said at last, "Although given that two Angels were associated with Hammer from what I understood...And he was fairly....Direct about wanting to kill....stuff, or everything....Come to think about it, I really should have asked some more clarifying questions, but in my defense, it was an odd day...."

He laughed for a moment, realizing the tangent he had just undergone.

"I was pretty relieved when I realized you weren't them."

He took a bite of his broccoli and fell silent, his gaze falling once more on the morsel in hand.

Wordlessly, he lost his interest in the previous conversation, scarfing down his meal at a feverish pace.
    Last edited by Miburo; 12-24-2020 at 11:19 AM.