Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    So if I find a good, brash black actor for Hal and a more by the book, stern white actor for John...?
    Why not. If he fits the role well.

BANNED

People have been throwing around Will Smith's name for John. Obviously he's too old now. But a younger Will Smith would have been a much better Hal to be honest.

It would be cool for Martian Manhunter to show up at some point. It would have to be an actor willing to wear the makeup/outfit, however. Maybe Ving Rhames. I think he can pull it off. He's not a "super-a-list" profile person at this point, he'd probably be willing to do multiple films for fair pay. He's got an interesting voice for J'onn, and he's already bald. at 6' he's above average in height but he doesn't have to be towering over everyone.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-18-2014 at 04:30 PM.

I don't know why peopl on message boards trip out over age. 40 to 50 is not to old to play a leading man. Seriously what movies are you guys watching. This isn't uncommon at all. Studios don't plan to have the same actor on a franchise for 20 years nor do they think that far ahead.

We have 30 year olds playing highschoolers/teenagers.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't know why peopl on message boards trip out over age. 40 to 50 is not to old to play a leading man. Seriously what movies are you guys watching. This isn't uncommon at all. Studios don't plan to have the same actor on a franchise for 20 years nor do they think that far ahead.

40-50 year super heroes are a bad idea, it's a horrible idea when your super hero team looks like this

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    40-50 year super heroes are a bad idea, it's a horrible idea when your super hero team looks like this

What is wrong with Cyborg actor?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

SO true, plus look and Denzel hes in his 50s and turning out more action films then at anypoint in his life. The Equalizer and Book of Eli both happen to be good action films with a guy in his 50s pulling off amazing fight scenes(or his stunt doubles who knows). Will Smith isn't too old for John just not the right fit. I think Will Smith should be Bronze Tiger in the Suicide Squad. Something different then what were use to from him. Plus if you exclude that horrible movie his son made a mess of, Will Smith rarely puts out bad films. Before that movie you had to go back to Wild Wild West to find a dud. So not sure why ppl are bashing Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    What is wrong with Cyborg actor?
    Cyborg is the only age appropriate one cast.

here's an example of an older man being forced in a franchise meant for a much younger actor

Astonishing Member

When it comes to superheroes I prefer actors still in their 30's, especially if there is a potential for a franchise. Although there have been great performances from older actors like RDJ, no oldies in tights please! Note, I'm in my 40's and biased towards younger actors for superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post

what's your point? Are you being facetious here? Or do you think these are the outfits they will wear in the films? they won't be.

You can just as easily find unflattering pictures of other actors who have helmed the lead role of a superhero film.

Why people are acting like Grant Gustin doesn't look like some regular dude idk. But after the uproar over Heath Ledger as the Joker and his stellar performance we should all relax

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    When it comes to superheroes I prefer actors still in their 30's, especially if there is a potential for a franchise. Although there have been great performances from older actors like RDJ, no oldies in tights please! Note, I'm in my 40's and biased towards younger actors for superheroes.
    half the time you wouldn't even be able to ballpark ages if not for the internet. There are things called makeup and camera angles. Plus people age differently. From 30 to 40 you can't always tell the difference. Heck even at 50 for those with good genetics.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-18-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

what's your point? Are you being facetious here? Or do you think these are the outfits they will wear in the films? they won't be.

You can just as easily find unflattering pictures of other actors who have helmed the lead role of a superhero film.

Why people are acting like Grant Gustin doesn't look like some regular dude idk. But after the uproar over Heath Ledger as the Joker and his stellar performance we should all relax

half the time you wouldn't even be able to ballpark ages if not for the internet. There are things called makeup and camera angles. Plus people age differently. From 30 to 40 you can't always tell the difference. Heck even at 50 for those with good genetics.
    Seems like somepeople are just so threatened by the DC movie slate that they're going all out to find unflattering photos of celebrities acting as the superheroes.

BANNED

Age is just a number, and that is especially true for Hollywood.

BANNED

I don't think he was criticizing the films with those pictures. Just saying when you have a Flash, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman in their 20's, Superman and Aquaman in their 30's, Batman who is by design supposed to be a veteran, you don't want a Green Lantern pushing 50 standing next to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Age is just a number, and that is especially true for Hollywood.
    Tell that to women actresses over 35. Tell that to all those actors in their 30's competing with less talented 20 year olds.

Incredible Member

*double post*
    Last edited by Jared; 10-19-2014 at 07:58 AM.