Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Has it been announced who's taking over Avengers after Aaron (he's leaving, right)?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Has it been announced who's taking over Avengers after Aaron (he's leaving, right)?
    We don't even know how long this arc is let alone whose taking over

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    We don't even know how long this arc is let alone whose taking over
    Marvel's gonna give him another 2 years i suppose.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I believe Aaron's Avengers run will end in spring of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Based on the solicitations so far, I suspect the schedule will look something like this:

November 2022 > AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA 1
    December 2022 > AVENGERS 63, AVENGERS FOREVER 12
    January 2023 > AVENGERS 64, AVENGERS FOREVER 13
    February 2023 > AVENGERS 65, AVENGERS FOREVER 14
    March 2023 > AVENGERS 66, AVENGERS FOREVER 15
    April 2023 > AVENGERS ASSEMBLE OMEGA 1
    No news yet on the post-Aaron era of Avengers, but I speculate that Duggan will be launching Uncanny Avengers as a secondary Avengers title post-Hellfire Gala 2023.

Well, the FCBD 2023 titles were just announced - no hints about the next Avengers flagship writer post-Aaron but I do believe it is hinting at the return of a secondary Avengers book - Uncanny Avengers Vol 4.

Attachment 125920

The character in the Captain Krakoa suit is most likely Havok, Mr. Uncanny Avengers himself.
    So the team line-up is Captain America, Captain Krakoa (Havok), Deadpool, Penance, Psylocke, Quicksilver and Rogue.
    The writer is most likely Gerry Duggan (Deadpool gives it away) with Javier Garron on art.
    I don't believe the current Savage Avengers or All-Out Avengers will last too long (I predict 15-18 issue runs for both books), so we will have to see what other secondary Avengers books are launched together with Uncanny.

Regarding the flagship Avengers book, there was a poster here who was also a comic store owner (bishop66, I think?) who said that Al Ewing might be taking over the Avengers flagship book.
    If this is true, it'll probably feature Ultron since Ewing is currently writing Ant-Man and Wasp miniserieses.
    We haven't had a Avengers vs Ultron book in a while.

No news yet on the post-Aaron era of Avengers, but I speculate that Duggan will be launching Uncanny Avengers as a secondary Avengers title post-Hellfire Gala 2023.

I don't believe the current Savage Avengers or All-Out Avengers will last too long (I predict 15-18 issue runs for both books), so we will have to see what other secondary Avengers books are launched together with Uncanny.

Regarding the flagship Avengers book, there was a poster here who was also a comic store owner (bishop66, I think?) who said that Al Ewing might be taking over the Avengers flagship book.
    If this is true, it'll probably feature Ultron since Ewing is currently writing Ant-Man and Wasp miniserieses.
    Al Ewing? Make it so!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Solid thinking!

Everyone who wants a taste of Ewing's Avengers grab 2015 Avengers\New Avengers\Uncanny Avengers Annual story of a time-tossed avengers crew fighting at the end of time, its marvelous

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Solid thinking!

Everyone who wants a taste of Ewing's Avengers grab 2015 Avengers\New Avengers\Uncanny Avengers Annual story of a time-tossed avengers crew fighting at the end of time, its marvelous
    That was a fun one .

Also he co-wrote Empyre and it was one of the better Avengers "events" in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was a fun one .

Also he co-wrote Empyre and it was one of the better Avengers "events" in my opinion.
    Agreed. Empyre was a good event.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Nope but I'm guessing the new writer might be Donny Cates now that he's done writing Hulk and most likely winding down his Thor run.

And what kind of line-up will we have/you guys want to see? Big guns? MCU synergy? B and C listers?

Peace

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm just hoping for anyone that ignores this 1.000.000 BC Avengers garbage, to be honest.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Nope but I'm guessing the new writer might be Donny Cates now that he's done writing Hulk and most likely winding down his Thor run.
    Oh god no. Do. Not. Want.

I just glanced through an Avengers Forever preview and I literally couldn't summon the energy to read it. I just didn't care. I don't know these characters, even the ones I visually recognized. Can not wait for this to end.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm just hoping for anyone that ignores this 1.000.000 BC Avengers garbage, to be honest.
    Yeah that whole idea needs to be wiped from continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I can't see Cates doing it. He's admitted he struggles with team books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see Cates doing it. He's admitted he struggles with team books.

True but that didn't prevent him from taking a crack at GOTG so he might be inclined to have another go at a team book.

Also the way his career trajectory has gone this far at Marvel there really isn't anything currently available at Marvel that isn't a team book or as high profile as Avengers would be.

I mean what else could possibly be next for him if not Avengers?