Page 132 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3996
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's about time fans stop hating in general.
    This also includes Damian Wayne fans hating on Tim Drake.
    This year I've seen some ridiculous comments about Tim in the Damian Wayne Appreciation thread - and I've seen some ridiculous comments by Damian Wayne fans in the Tim Drake appreciation thread. I'm so tired of this stuff - and I don't even like Tim! It's the same - again and again. Everyone is angry and is getting angrier.

Personally, I'm neither a fan of Tim nor Damian. Maybe I like Damian a little less nowadays because he's done horrible stuff that triggers me hard, but all in all I'm glad I don't have to pick sides in these childish "discussions" between Tim Drake and Damian Wayne fans.

What's the point of discussing characters when fans only emphasize the good qualities of their favorite character and exaggerate the bad qualities of the other character?
    Second medal of the day.

It's about time fans stop hating in general.
    This also includes Damian Wayne fans hating on Tim Drake.
    This year I've seen some ridiculous comments about Tim in the Damian Wayne Appreciation thread - and I've seen some ridiculous comments by Damian Wayne fans in the Tim Drake appreciation thread. I'm so tired of this stuff - and I don't even like Tim! It's the same - again and again. Everyone is angry and is getting angrier.

Personally, I'm neither a fan of Tim nor Damian. Maybe I like Damian a little less nowadays because he's done horrible stuff that triggers me hard, but all in all I'm glad I don't have to pick sides in these childish "discussions" between Tim Drake and Damian Wayne fans.

What's the point of discussing characters when fans only emphasize the good qualities of their favorite character and exaggerate the bad qualities of the other character?
    Yep and I've seen ridiculous comments about Damian [including death wishes] and other robins from Tim fans and fans of other Robins on different threads but I kept it general since it seemed counter productive to the whole lets stop the Toxicity New year point I was trying to get acrosss and stop hating replacements [I say replacements since Dick Grayson fans are the only ones that seem not to engage in this]

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yep and I've seen ridiculous comments about Damian [including death wishes] and other robins from Tim fans and fans of other Robins on different threads but I kept it general since it seemed counter productive to the whole lets stop the Toxicity New year point I was trying to get acrosss and stop hating replacements [I say replacements since Dick Grayson fans are the only ones that seem not to engage in this]
    Dick Grayson fans are too busy getting angry at DC ^^

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

"hating replacements" makes it sound like Damian Wayne fans are the only ones not hating on another character because Damian has no replacement - and that contradicts reality.
    The worst hate comments I've personally encountered, came from Damian Wayne or Dick Grayson fans, including death wishes towards Tim and Jason (or other characters ... or real people in Dick's case).
    But that's my own subjective observation. Obviously, I rather notice it when someone hates on a character I like than on a character I don't like - and I don't read every thread.
    There isn't one fan group that hates "less" or "more" than the others, that's what I'm certain of.

It would be a good first step if fans were to reflect a little more on themselves before they write a comment about a character they obviously don't like or even hate and asked themselves if it's really necessary to post a certain comment, especially if it could potentially make things escalate.

Fans should also reflect a little more on their favorite character. No character is perfect. Not Dick, not Tim, not Jason, not Damian - not any other character in the DC universe. Every character has flaws, bad qualities, has done bad stuff that can offend others or has stories that are interpreted differently by others. So it's okay when people don't like a character. It's okay to not like Dick. It's okay to not like Jason. It's okay to not like Tim. It's okay to not like Damian. Not liking a character is not "bad taste", it's not "not getting the character", it's not any other defensive or even sometimes insulting "counterargument". It's just plain and simple personal preference.

Fans don't have to defend their favorite characters all the time. If I'd always start a discussion when someone hates on Jason ... well, I'd spend a lot of hours in this forum attacking others and being attacked by others. I know from myself that I quickly react emotionally. So when I realize that a comment makes me angry, I don't respond (well, I try - sometimes it's just too much).

From my own experience I can say that ignoring haters is not the best solution but the most effective because some people never change even if you tell them that their behavior is childish and hurtful.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-27-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: grammar

I subscribe to @Sergard, full text.
    I want to nominate him for that medal, too.

I remember leaving Dick's threads and Tim's threads for a while because haters and general bad mood (I don't visit Damian's enough to notice hateful comments regularly). It's why I'm not happy with that behaviour in our thread and actively discourage it. Also, because I know my own temper and, unfortunately, I'm not that good at keeping it at bay; it wouldn't be the first time I find myself regretting posting something. I like all the Robins, even if Jason is my favourite. I also have some characters I positively dislike, and I usually don't like to comment on them because I don't want others to feel, for a better word, "wrong" for liking what they like. It's fiction, it doesn't hurt; it shouldn't hurt.

Btw, we're in need of someone with a good grasp of English grammar in our Jason Thread. If anyone wants to lend us a hand, he will be welcomed, I think :3.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-27-2019 at 09:45 AM. Reason: little bits here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick Grayson fans are too busy getting angry at DC ^^
    I pick on other characters all the time. It helps vent my anger

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So the Robins are not since they're more liked than Batman.
    Being popular by people who don't even know who you are does not disqualify you from being an outcast.

Maybe not on this forum, but most of the hate comments I've read about Jason (that he should have stayed dead or "I paid to have him killed", he's a failure, he stole Dick's friends, he's a whiner, etc) come from Nightwing fans, especially certain ones on Youtube. It's hard not to lash back, just let people enjoy their favorite Robins!

"hating replacements" makes it sound like Damian Wayne fans are the only ones not hating on another character because Damian has no replacement - and that contradicts reality.
    The worst hate comments I've personally encountered, came from Damian Wayne or Dick Grayson fans, including death wishes towards Tim and Jason (or other characters ... or real people in Dick's case).
    But that's my own subjective observation. Obviously, I rather notice it when someone hates on a character I like than on a character I don't like - and I don't read every thread.
    There isn't one fan group that hates "less" or "more" than the others, that's what I'm certain of.

It would be a good first step if fans were to reflect a little more on themselves before they write a comment about a character they obviously don't like or even hate and asked themselves if it's really necessary to post a certain comment, especially if it could potentially make things escalate.

Fans should also reflect a little more on their favorite character. No character is perfect. Not Dick, not Tim, not Jason, not Damian - not any other character in the DC universe. Every character has flaws, bad qualities, has done bad stuff that can offend others or has stories that are interpreted differently by others. So it's okay when people don't like a character. It's okay to not like Dick. It's okay to not like Jason. It's okay to not like Tim. It's okay to not like Damian. Not liking a character is not "bad taste", it's not "not getting the character", it's not any other defensive or even sometimes insulting "counterargument". It's just plain and simple personal preference.

Fans don't have to defend their favorite characters all the time. If I'd always start a discussion when someone hates on Jason ... well, I'd spend a lot of hours in this forum attacking others and being attacked by others. I know from myself that I quickly react emotionally. So when I realize that a comment makes me angry, I don't respond (well, I try - sometimes it's just too much).

From my own experience I can say that ignoring haters is not the best solution but the most effective because some people never change even if you tell them that their behavior is childish and hurtful.
    No Damian fans are included since some damian fans were hostile to Duke on this site. I meant fans of the OG robin myself included who at times are make comments that make it clear that their opinions are influenced by fandom politics wars like usurped positions etc.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

No Damian fans are included since some damian fans were hostile to Duke on this site. I meant fans of the OG robin myself included who at times are make comments that make it clear that their opinions are influenced by fandom politics wars like usurped positions etc.
    I don't understand what you mean. What kind of comments? Can you give examples?

I don't understand what you mean. What kind of comments? Can you give examples?
    Fans blaming Duke for the lack of Damian in the Batbooks despite the writer giving a logical reason and using Damian in other series when he got older and he didn't have to endanger him.

Calling for a characters [new/replacement Duke and damian] death repeatedly because of some believe that they are the reason why our fav is neglected ignoring facts like a new character [ All new characters] need some push to get off the ground or that the role is one that's passed from character to character.
    This is heading further down the track I was hoping to avoid so I'm bailing. Some much for generalisation.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-27-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Incredible Member

I've accepted Ric Grayson. I got my Nightwing stories and it seems like Dick will never be back and if he comes back, it'll be with the Ric mindset.

I'm so meh to it just like I was with "Red Robin but never Robin", "Kon-El the clone of Jon Kent", and Bar Tor.

I'm sure that was the whole point of the Ric story tho.

Also, yeah the whole Damian/Tim fan fight is ridiculous. They don't even fight in the comics anymore. At this point its just fans protecting their insecurities over their favorite Robin.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Being popular by people who don't even know who you do not disqualify you from being an outcast.
    So who outcasts them if the general public doesn't?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Fans blaming Duke for the lack of Damian in the Batbooks despite the writer giving a logical reason and using Damian in other series when he got older and he didn't have to endanger him.

Calling for a characters [new/replacement Duke and damian] death repeatedly because of some believe that they are the reason why our fav is neglected ignoring facts like a new character [ All new characters] need some push to get off the ground or that the role is one that's passed from character to character.
    This is heading further down the track I was hoping to avoid so I'm bailing. Some much for generalisation.
    What!? Some fans [some Damian's] didn't like Duke at first but I don't recall any wishing him death or even a large number commenting outside of the whole Synder not using Damian.

I do recall fans [not Damian's] starting threads asking the same question. what's the point of Duke? How do you feel about Duke? that quickly turned into hate threads. similar threads about Damian were also popular.

The 1st Duke Thomas Appreciation thread here was started by a couple of not Damian Robin fans as a mockperciation thread. Making fun and mocking the character. This was later re-purposed and turned into an actual appreciation thread.

To claim Duke hate was from Damian fans isn't correct at all. Those Rebirth threads are still right here. It's easy to fact check.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-27-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I've accepted Ric Grayson. I got my Nightwing stories and it seems like Dick will never be back and if he comes back, it'll be with the Ric mindset.

I'm so meh to it just like I was with "Red Robin but never Robin", "Kon-El the clone of Jon Kent", and Bar Tor.

I'm sure that was the whole point of the Ric story tho.

Also, yeah the whole Damian/Tim fan fight is ridiculous. They don't even fight in the comics anymore. At this point its just fans protecting their insecurities over their favorite Robin.
    The thing is those insecurities or defending a favourite aren't specific to Robins but fans in general. It's a reality of all fandoms.

What even is the Ric mindset? Reject his hero past but works helping out randoms hero wanna be's? I'm not spending money on that comic so I'm behind.