Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's a front. HoX/PoX has shown us there's more to all this. They want Franklin like Iran/North Korea want nukes.
    every single word of what Magneto said was 100% Magneto's truth.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    So did Beast. Everyone on the Illuminati kept it a secret.
    McCoy is a reformed race traitor and literal monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Reed kept the incursions a secret
    Irrelevant to the comparison at hand (current Krakoan secrets vs. possible Reed secret you made up here). I love how you always have to reach to keep your sweaty-palm arguments afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    When you can’t stand the thought of your favorite character getting beat, so you pull out the ‘ol sales numbers.

“Ah, yes. I’ve won this argument. Mwah ha ha!”

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    "Sinister is just misunderstood"

I'm sure that brings such comfort to all the Inhuman kids with missing heads.
    Sinister was a straight up Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Nah I ignored your first bait comment as others did but continuing the tomfoolery was a farce. Glad to know you know the truth now since there was no refuting the facts.
    Lol. 10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And this is the person who would get a hold of Franklin.
    everything that happened to Magneto happened because there wasn't a Franklin around to stop it. if you want to know what motivates Magneto, it's that. he wants his people to survive. and he's tired of playing boogeyman to assure it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    So did Beast. Everyone on the Illuminati kept it a secret.
    Everyone involved was a monster, but that includes Charles and Beast.
    every single word of what Magneto said was 100% Magneto's truth.
    Magneto isn't the problem, Charles is. Magneto may be in on Moira's secret, but he truly believes in Krakoa. Charles? We know he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, like all cultures at some point. All cultures are things that people make up.
    I wonder if they've ever shown how Franklin felt during anti-mutant rallies or mass graves we've seen, the vaccine, etc. I'm sure he would have some feelings about other mutants being hunted down while he's tucked away under his parent's protection.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Three actual secrets, that have a bigger implication, aren’t nearly as bad as the fictional one that Reed may have, that the other guy is making up in his head in order to paint Reed as possibly evil—rather than a concerned parent.

Yes. Very good. Excellent.
    And what would happen when Xavier and Magneto, like they originally intended, want to be completely transparent with the mutants on Krakoa? My guess is that this would come back to bite Moira, specifically, and not so much the state of Krakoa. It would be big but I don’t think these are comparable secrets.

I don’t know about Reed having a secret cabal, but a case is made that Franklin’s power crisis hasn’t been solved because Reed really doesn’t want to fix them. Plus, it’s come down to Franklin actually running to a Krakoan portal of his own volition and being robbed of that because Reed did what he thought was best. He and Sue are being concerned parents, but that doesn’t exempt them from also making really shitty decisions.

True, but ya'll are talking like this thing isn't months new.
    Now they are formalizing it for the first time with things like their own language. They have been forming their own subculture for years, the biggest difference is that now they can make a great leap forward by not being worried 99% of the time to survive. The mutant culture flourished especially in New X-Men but the Decimation meant that the surviving rest could not afford to continue it.

1) A TP can be caught off guard, and Sue doesn't have to move to do what she does (same as the TP). So that's a coin toss.

2) Kitty can be killed as long as she can't see the attack coming. Sue is the invisible woman with the invisible shields.
    I mean of course if Sue gets the jump on them, unsuspectingly she definitely has a chance. However in that case there are many mutant characters who with Sue unsuspecting, could fell her just as easily. If we’re talking direct and up front vs though I think the telepaths have a slight edge as they can make Sue think they are somewhere for her to attack while actually being a psychic projection. And once they’re in your head, it’s over. I don’t see how she could affect Kitty at all now actually, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sinister was a straight up Nazi
    factually incorrect. he held no allegiance to anyone. he took advantage of evil humans rounding up an ethnic minority. he was in it for the eugenics.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I did mean *American police. And for the most part, I agree with what you’re saying. But again, I doubt the point of Michael Watkin’s post was firmly based around a cop. The same effect would be me walking around in a Books-A-Million with the cashiers following me around the store the entire time I was there. It isn’t so much the individual but that sooner-than-later, implicit biases and racist systems will inform you that you aren’t someone with privileged status. You’ll be prejudged simply because of your skin tone or facial features.

Reed still had this problem before Krakoa was established.
    I agree, but that's because everyone is prejudiced against everyone (which is different than discrimination of course). People let themselves be influenced by everything, but there's also the fear of the unknown (not used to black people in their bookstore, perhaps? Lol). It all comes down to a person's level of ignorance and their willingness to expand what they know. I personally don't get offended by stereotypes because 1) they don't actually know me and 2) I do have some of those stereotypes lol. I'll only get offended if it's keeping me from an opportunity, and that's the real problem. However, we won't solve that problem by coming to it with anger only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I mean of course if Sue gets the jump on them,
    christian or emma would shut that **** down.

she'd know. Sue doesn't wash properly.
    Ngl I love Sue, but I cackled.