Page 27 of 744 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Killmonger #3 was hot. If it doesn't loop back to Rise, going to have to take this as canon over that.
    In terms of the kilmonger part of it, it's superior to rise and i would take it as canon over it anyways, especially since it's focusing directly on him with a fleshed out story

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Say, Brother MoS…

Are you ever going to update the Sales Charts? Last I checked, the sales were lower than before the relaunch…
    My hard drive that was on crashed

My last back up is quite old lol

Im hoping to have it ready for next sales release numbers.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My hard drive that was on crashed

My last back up is quite old lol

Im hoping to have it ready for next sales release numbers.

I can wait.

And I verified the numbers because it amused me to do so:

Code:
    Black Panther #172 (the last before the relaunch)    26,345
    Black Panther   #1 (the first of the new run)       122,358
    Black Panther   #6 (the most recent issue reported)  26,220

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah. Obviously, Marvel does benefit from relaunches (that 122,000 number is better to have than not to have), but it generally only provides a temporary boost.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I was gonna say that i'm getting the hang of the slicing/dicing making vids, it's actually pretty easy, but just as i posted that, my most recent vid got flagged hahahaha...

My 3 min BPvsThor clip was left alone and has 6k views. But my 5 min BPvsIM fight was dinged within 2 seconds of me uploading it. Hmmm...

So let's try 3mins and see how long it stays up

The double "Bas Rutten" kick... What comic issue is that from? I know that is a nod to the comics somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    The double "Bas Rutten" kick... What comic issue is that from? I know that is a nod to the comics somewhere.
    Kinda looks like his fight with the FF.

Attachment 76748

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah. Obviously, Marvel does benefit from relaunches (that 122,000 number is better to have than not to have), but it generally only provides a temporary boost.
    And, in the long run, they usually end up losing readers… until the next relaunch. :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Kinda looks like his fight with the FF.

Attachment 76748
    Yep that's it

Ultimate Member

And, in the long run, they usually end up losing readers… until the next relaunch. :P
    Lets just hope T'Challa gets back from space in time to examine his role as Avengers leader.

By a guest writer.

Never forget.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I mean, in the long run, all books lose numbers. There's nothing that suggests Black Panther #178 would have had higher numbers than Black Panther #6 had.

I tend to think, at Marvel, characters are the main reason a book sells or doesn't sell with writers second and artists third. Most people go by essentially brand loyalty to the character. New audiences can be drawn in by a relaunch, but I don't get the impression a relaunch with the same writer moves the needle all that much even if there is a new artist (who isn't necessarily going to stay on the book all that long anyway).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I mean, in the long run, all books lose numbers. There's nothing that suggests Black Panther #178 would have had higher numbers than Black Panther #6 had.
    This is true. OTOH, when a book has reached a stable level, a relaunch often does more harm than good. After all, every new jumping on point is also a new jumping-OFF point.

I wonder how many readers left BP because Coates ignored his status quo with this whole "Galactic Empire Of Wakanda" business.

(Actually, this reminds me a bit of BLACK PANTHER: BLACK & WHITE, the first Kasper Cole storyline. It shed readers like crazy, because the existing readership didn't like it, and not enough new readers came in to replace them.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    unrealistic, oversaturated afrocentrism that depicts Africa as a holy place (instead of, y'know, a PLACE humans live) that would have been utopia if not for colonialism. Nope. Sorry. that's not reality.
    It'a not reality to people who has self hate yet wants to be accepted by others who hate them just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    It'a not reality to people who has self hate yet wants to be accepted by others who hate them just as much.
    nah. it's just not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    unrealistic, oversaturated afrocentrism that depicts Africa as a holy place (instead of, y'know, a PLACE humans live) that would have been utopia if not for colonialism. Nope. Sorry. that's not reality.
    Interesting way that you put it. Do you think that afrocentric content is oversaturating the American social media market, or there some kind of overhyping of the perception of ancient up to modern Africa?