Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For the type of movie Reeves seems to be making I am actually cool with Pattinson. He is 33 and I think he will be able to pull off a young Bruce Wayne pretty good, and he can do dark and brooding well too. He has been rumored for a while now so its cool to see some conformation finally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I would love THE BATMAN to have none of Batman's villains from the comics in it. Actually I'd prefer some future Batman flicks to just be straight up crime noir/detective films.

When everything is leading up to Joker or Killer Croc...idk who cares. I'd like Batman facing crime, murder, trafficking, death cults, secret societies, etc etc etc

We've become too set on the idea of the 3 act superhero joint, it's time to break out of it.
    Honestly I'm fine if they just use Zsasz but almost keep it as a murder/thriller type story

Incredible Member

This is apparently supposed to be a trilogy, so I just want to throw Jodie Comer's name out there for Selina Kyle.

If anyone watches Killing Eve, she is SOO good.

Ultimate Member

I'm cool with Robert Pattinson.

His body of work post Twilight shows hes a pretty good actor.

Retired

They'll need an eyebrow wrangler on set at all times. Never know when those things might attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm cool with Robert Pattinson.

His body of work post Twilight shows hes a pretty good actor.
    Only thing I saw was Good Time but he was great in that. Weird tragic dark comedy and I liked it alot. I definetly think he can act, it's all gonna hinge on Reevs version of the character. Please go with a cowl like Affleks. No more bulky helmet looking ones, Afflek cowl and suit texture was perfect. Just too much padding and Afflek took too much steroids(I know they wanted that DKR bulky Batman).

This isnt the casting I woulda done but the more I think about it the more I like it. Cant wsit to hear more casting news. Any word on who the villians are? I know at one point the rumors was there was alot of them and it was like a Arkham break out type thing.

I called it months ago lol
    The J-man

Incredible Member

According to Deadline, Nicholas Hoult is also in the running to play Batman. Pattinson hasn’t signed anything yet.

Rob Pattinson, Nicholas Hoult Atop Short List For ‘The Batman’

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    According to Deadline, Nicholas Hoult is also in the running to play Batman. Pattinson hasn’t signed anything yet.

Rob Pattinson, Nicholas Hoult Atop Short List For ‘The Batman’
    I rather Pattinson. I cant take Hault serious as anyone tough. His beast with the make up is meh not that scary. That about a boy boy can be riddler though

Incredible Member

I'll just keep saying it until it happens. Jodie Comer for Catwoman. She'd blow everybody else in this movie off the screen.

what villains who have never shown up yet on TV or movies need to be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Clayface showed up on tv but he’s long overdue for a film appearance.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There's so many… And it makes me so angry the Batman movies keep rehashing the same villains.

Batman and Spiderman have the most impressive rogues line up in comicdom but yet Batman only fights the same handful every time.

Personally, I'd like to see a Batman movie (live action on the big screen) take on any of the following:

The Court of Owls
    Hush
    Clayface
    Deathstroke (I know he's OG Teen Titans villain, but he's becoming almost equally a Batman villain)
    Calendar Man
    Hugo Strange
    Mad Hatter
    Solomon Grundy

Ones that deserve another shot:

The Riddler
    Mr. Freeze
    Penguin

Showing up in Birds of Prey (releasing February 2020):

Black Mask
    Harley Quinn
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-17-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    There's so many… And it makes me so angry the Batman movies keep rehashing the same villains.

Batman and Spiderman have the most impressive rogues line up in comicdom but yet Batman only fights the same handful every time.

Personally, I'd like to see a Batman movie (live action on the big screen) take on any of the following:

The Court of Owls
    Hush
    Clayface
    Deathstroke (I know he's OG Teen Titans villain, but he's becoming almost equally a Batman villain)
    Calendar Man
    Hugo Strange
    Mad Hatter
    Solomon Grundy

Ones that deserve another shot:

The Riddler
    Mr. Freeze
    Penguin

Showing up in Birds of Prey (releasing February 2020):

Black Mask
    Harley Quinn
    Wasnt Joe Magninellos Deathstroke back when this was an Afflek movie suppose to be in it?

Anyway I'm still all good with Pattinson hope that pans out because Hoult is just an awful idea. Hes a good actor but not a alpha Male type. Having seen Pattinson In Good time and knowing hes starring in Christopher's nolan's next big movie. Hes a star on the rise and it makes sense. Hault a solid actor but iono if hes a leading man or an alpha Male. Or as Kevin Smith calls him "The about a boy, boy?". So yes I'm 100% down with Pattinson. People making fun of the casting probaly havern seen stuff hes done post Twilight. But Good Time was one the better movies to come out the last couple years and by the time Batman comes out Pattinson will head been the lead in a Nolan film. So I'm down. Bale came across as weasley and slimey to me as Bruce. Pattinson I know atleast can play the charming lead. Bales more of the morph into some form of a degenerate type actor. Never bought him as Bruce.