Extraordinary Member

As one of the possibly 5 people that enjoyed the Matrix sequels I'm a bit on the fence about this one, mainly because I felt that the story ended well enough.

But there are a few scenes in the trailer that look pretty dope. I'll pretty definitely see it.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    As one of the possibly 5 people that enjoyed the Matrix sequels I'm a bit on the fence about this one, mainly because I felt that the story ended well enough.
    Well I didn't like them particularly but "He's Jesus, he died for your sins, and now everyone is free" was certainly a definitive ending.

So is this one like an alternate reality where he took the Blue Pill, seeing all the blue pill and "am I Crazy" symbolism as well as the "We're doing a bunch of shots from the first Matrix only with old Neo and a different Trinity"?

And at the last second, hard swerve!

But I thought he died at the end of 3?

*Facepalm*

Did they go even FURTHER with the He Is Jesus and brought him back from the dead? But then they make him crazy and amnesiac of Movie 1? And so all the cool action scenes are just him remembering Movie one slightly wrong?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I trust Lana Wachowski to do something meaningful with this.

Also, cinematography and camera work looks really nice.

Also, also, it's nice to have a big blockbuster that isn't a Marvel/Disney property. Feels refreshing.

Me personally I'm well entrenched in the Wachowskis haven't made a good movie since the original Matrix so I won't be holding my breath

And damn the Marvel What If series is on a role, Zombies episode was crazy.

I'm pretty interested in the new Matrix because it looks like nothing I expected. I'm a big enough fan of the original trilogy and the Wachowskis and film to say that I don't care how good or bad it is, just what it has to say at this point.

Also Neo wasn't just Jesus, but some Buddhist inspired thing as well I think. And my interpretation of the films after a rewatch recently is that there is an underlying superstructure about resistance, rebellion, and cycles that I'm also interested in seeing how the new film continues/comments on.
    Last edited by Postmania; 09-09-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Move over, Wolverine:Origins. You may just be replaced.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-09-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

now that's a lineup

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Bioware maybe being smart and going back to storytelling right in time for Mass Effect 4? I can hope.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Bioware maybe being smart and going back to storytelling right in time for Mass Effect 4? I can hope.
    The remake is being handled by a sort of new developer, called Aspyr. I say sort of new because they've only really done ports of various games before, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The news from Dragonage 4 was promising in that it looks like Anthem's abysmal failure finally got through to EA/Bioware to course correct away from the live service nonsense

I just hope they finally correct the mistake from the original in not including a full robes/mask outfit you can wear as a player