Page 112 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2328
    Incredible Member

I'm suprised that Aquaman doesn't have his own animated movie. Especially after the success of his live action movie. In 2010, Bruce Timm stated that the production team originally planned to make an Aquaman film, but at the end, the executives of Warner Bros. cancelled the project because their expectations about marketing were very low.
    Last edited by Veni; 05-23-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Where was it confirmed though?

Is it going to be the alien Hawkgirl or the resurrected Hawkgirl? Or some combination of both?
    On the cover Hawkgirl is a red head. Its definetly Shayera. Kendra has short black hair.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I'm suprissed that Aquaman doesn't have his own animated movie. Especially after the success of his live action movie. In 2010, Bruce Timm stated that the production team originally planned to make an Aquaman film, but at the end, the executives of Warner Bros. cancelled the project because their expectations about marketing were very low.
    Its what i really dont get.
    They had all the chances to make Aquaman a big thing when the movie came out and became this much of an success...why did they not use it to elevate the Brand.

He made 1 billion dollars at the Box Office, hell the comics are recieved quite good since the new 52...how do you not use the momentum to plaster everything full with Aquaman to create another pillar that holds your whole Brand?

Its so strange how WB and the guy at DC think.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Just don't pair her up with John Stewart, please.
    I wonder if we'll see Earth-1 Hawkman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I'm suprissed that Aquaman doesn't have his own animated movie. Especially after the success of his live action movie. In 2010, Bruce Timm stated that the production team originally planned to make an Aquaman film, but at the end, the executives of Warner Bros. cancelled the project because their expectations about marketing were very low.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    They had all the chances to make Aquaman a big thing when the movie came out and became this much of an success...why did they not use it to elevate the Brand.

He made 1 billion dollars at the Box Office, hell the comics are recieved quite good since the new 52...how do you not use the momentum to plaster everything full with Aquaman to create another pillar that holds your whole Brand?

He did get a fun Lego movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The lineup for the next JL is pretty much guaranteed to be the DCAU (with Barry Flash) + Aquaman, so Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, John, J’onn, Shayera, and Arthur
    Which to me is the perfect lineup and one that I feel is the most popular and pleasing to fans

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Which to me is the perfect lineup and one that I feel is the most popular and pleasing to fans
    I personally would want Jess (GL), Black Canary and Shazam on the League but this lineup is definitely the most popular animated lineup

They could use a magician on the team.

I hope if Zatanna shows up in the animated movies again, they give her a better costume. I was bummed her classic look only showed up for, like, a minute in JLD.

Don’t know why Zatanna isn’t on the team more often, although I guess she’s the leader of JLD. Khalid Fate could work for the JL. Or Mera, isn’t her hydrokinesis technically magic?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don’t know why Zatanna isn’t on the team more often, although I guess she’s the leader of JLD. Khalid Fate could work for the JL. Or Mera, isn’t her hydrokinesis technically magic?
    I think it's just a natural ability. YJ kind of treated it like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just a natural ability. YJ kind of treated it like magic.
    I’m trying to get another woman on the team since the JL is already heavily male. Traci 13 could work. Vixen if they expanded her knowledge of magic thanks to the Totem.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m trying to get another woman on the team since the JL is already heavily male. Traci 13 could work. Vixen if they expanded her knowledge of magic thanks to the Totem.
    I mean, if we're talking base magic users I think it should definitely be Zatanna.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post

He had an animated movie
    He has a show coming but animation is slow

There are a lot of characters who *should* be on team but isn't: Zatanna, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Vixen, Dr Light (Kimiyo), Fire, Ice, Black Lightning, etc.

I think it has to do with DC consolidating the JLA as 'the big seven' with Morrison/Waid/Kelly era JLA as opposed to the dozens of members during the Satellite era and usually 5 or 7 is the idea number of characters you want for a team. The JLA never really grew into a multi-title franchise like the Avengers did in the Queseda era, even JLD is now a back up title in JL.

Spectacular Member

There are a lot of characters who *should* be on team but isn't: Zatanna, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Vixen, Dr Light (Kimiyo), Fire, Ice, Black Lightning, etc.

I think it has to do with DC consolidating the JLA as 'the big seven' with Morrison/Waid/Kelly era JLA as opposed to the dozens of members during the Satellite era and usually 5 or 7 is the idea number of characters you want for a team. The JLA never really grew into a multi-title franchise like the Avengers did in the Queseda era, even JLD is now a back up title in JL.
    Honestly I just want 1 member from the trinity then a Lantern/Flash. Apart from that I'd be thrilled if the rest of the lineup was more of a revolving door.