Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I've just seen on twitter Phil Jimenez saying he had a great SDCC and he was back to NYC to draw the first issue of ANGELA . I want more about this in the panel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyBird View Post
    Makes me sad that marvel is okay with books having a decent run of 30-odd issues.

Way to shoot for the stars , Marvel.
    Not really their fault, is it?

Happy about the SHIELD book, but I'm wondering what sort of a team up book this is going to be, if Coulson's team is going to be involved. One of the problems i had with Secret avengers is that Coulson wasn't around much.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Happy about the SHIELD book, but I'm wondering what sort of a team up book this is going to be, if Coulson's team is going to be involved. One of the problems i had with Secret avengers is that Coulson wasn't around much.
    I have a feeling he'll be the glue like in the movies. He'll probably be assessing the situations and picking which hero's skills are best suitable for each situation.

Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    I have a feeling he'll be the glue like in the movies. He'll probably be assessing the situations and picking which hero's skills are best suitable for each situation.
    Ugh. I really don't know how this is supposed to work, then.

Makes me sad that marvel is okay with books having a decent run of 30-odd issues.

May if you had less books with a goal of having dscent runs, and aimed to have books with legendarey runs, you might have people like Eric Stephenson calling you out every other day.

I don't know maybe its just me.
    Something tells me that Eric Stephenson would be calling out Marvel and DC no matter what they did, simply due to their being primarily work-for-hire and their dominating the market share. Stephenson's constant call-outs have always come off as kind of bush league in my eyes, and I absolutely love Image.

May if you had less books with a goal of having dscent runs, and aimed to have books with legendarey runs, you might have people like Eric Stephenson calling you out every other day.

I don't know maybe its just me.
    At the same time, if you told me after the first arc of the current Thunderbolts that it would last 30-something issues, I would have laughed in your face.

Is the SHIELD book on earth 616 or in the marvel cinematic universe?

Spectacular Member

616. And, boy am I happy!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    At the same time, if you told me after the first arc of the current Thunderbolts that it would last 30-something issues, I would have laughed in your face.
    Precisely. I would love to see the current team go for longer, but I am really surprised they got this far.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Ugh. I really don't know how this is supposed to work, then.
    Basically, Coulson assembles heroes to help him with the particular mission. Kinda like Mission Impossible, but with superheroes.

Looking forward to weapon x series.....

Fantastic Member

Really disappointed that Rucka's run on Cyclops was all of five freaking issues. So much for all that enthusiasm and the big plans he alluded to in interviews.

(I'm sure he'll end up on another x-book, and then we'll hear how THIS is the book he has always wanted to write)

(I'm mostly peeved because his work on Cyclops was GOOD. The idea that a writer doesn't even stay through a full arc is kind of sad)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Basically, Coulson assembles heroes to help him with the particular mission. Kinda like Mission Impossible, but with superheroes.
    i.e. SHIELD: Heroes for Hire

Ultimate Member

If it gives Mockingbird, Daisy Johnson, and Abigail Brand something to do, then I'll be happy. I'm STILL waiting for that Bobbi/Daisy/Bucky thing from Spencer's SA run to be picked up on/dealt. Also, this is the perfect time to bring back Victoria Hand. She was cool, her death was incredibly lame.