Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

John Constantine is nowhere near trustworthy enough to be a part of any group that's connected to the League. He's a great character, whatever, but I'd trust Jason Blood and Etrigan more than John.
    I agree on Constantine, but think it really only applies to the main team. Groups like Justice League Dark are really only named that for brand recognition. Him on a team dealing w. a magical crisis fits. He’s still an untrustworthy cutthroat bastard, but it fits.

I don’t love Deathstroke, but same as I feel about Deadpool as an Avenger, Slade should never be a part of the regular team, and man i’ve seen it suggested SO MANY TIMES over the years.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-02-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Boisterously Confused

I like Metamorpho, but his place is own his own, seeking a cure, and constantly frustrating Stagg's schemes.

BANNED

Green Lanterns to me it diminishes the corps as the group who protects the galaxy.

I love the Black Orchid (as originally conceived), but she shouldn't be in the JLA. She should remain an enigma.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

None of the Titans save Wally.

It just reinforces that their team is something to be graduated from, a stepping stone to bigger pastures instead of a big deal on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    None of the Titans save Wally.

It just reinforces that their team is something to be graduated from, a stepping stone to bigger pastures instead of a big deal on their own.
    I agree with this one. It's very against the original nature of NTT to me. Where they were quick to establish that. I mean directly stating they were not a Junior Justice League.

I like every member of the satellite league, and can make a cogent argument for just about all of them... except for the Phantom Stranger. And I love the Phantom Stranger. Basically, if the guy isn't going to show up for satellite monitor duty and sign up for his turn cleaning out the satellite fridge, he shouldn't be given a communicator, knowhatimean?

Also, as much as I love all of the New Gods, it always rubs me the wrong way when they're added to the Justice League. Even Mister Miracle, the most down-to-earth of the New Gods, feels like he's slumming it in the JL.

Cyborg is a special (and weird) case. As "Titan who graduated to the Justice League" he probably would have been a good fit. But as "Founding Member of the Justice League" he's always felt like a weirdly retconned 7th wheel, like Triumph. Wiping out his history as a Titan did a tremendous disservice to the character, and forever tainted his otherwise well-deserved Justice League membership.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Captain Marvel aka Shazam

He’s kind of redundant with both Wonderwoman and Superman on the team. Just being able to summon lightning really doesn’t distinguish him enough. Martian Man hunter at least has telepathy and shape shifting to make him unique.

Aquaman
    Sure he is super strong and durable, but again that isn’t really a unique trait on a team with Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter etc. Aquaman belongs in the Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I do know I like consistent supporting casts and settings, and don't like "travel hero" stories

Aw.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Captain Marvel aka Shazam

He’s kind of redundant with both Wonder Woman and Superman on the team.
    I'll go one further - I don't even think the Shazam Fam should exist in the same world in the Multiverse as Superman is. Captain Marvel was designed to be his own world's Top Dog super-hero, but with Superman and the Justice League, he's always stuck playing Seventh Fiddle! He should stay on Earth 5, where he can shine on all his own terms!

Hm, I actually like Cyborg's Fourth World connection. A Great Idea that's not been used to fullest potential is still a Great Idea, that's where I stand on that. Give Keith Giffen a Cyborg series and tell him to do one of his Kirby pastiches, and it'll be amazing, mark my words. Whether Vic should be on the League or not, I'm a little more indifferent, but I certainly think his Mother Box powers put him in that category power-wise.

I'm torn between the "JLU" conception of the League where basically everyone gets to be on it, and liking a more restrained League limited to maybe twelve or sixteen members.

Either way, I don't think the Question should be on the League. He should be friends with certain people who maybe could be on the League or not, like Ted Kord, but I don't think he'd want the League.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I agree on Constantine, but think it really only applies to the main team. Groups like Justice League Dark are really only named that for brand recognition. Him on a team dealing w. a magical crisis fits. He’s still an untrustworthy cutthroat bastard, but it fits.
    Oh, a team that isn't a part of the League I'm fine with. You wanna drop him in a magical Seven Soldiers of Victory or the Shadowcabinet and I am down for that. And I know JLD typically isn't tied to the League at all, and is only putting "League" on the cover for the marketing. So that can get a kinda-sorta pass from me. But any group that is officially connected to or working with the actual League? John shouldn't be within fifty two miles of that and probably wouldn't want to be anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree with this one. It's very against the original nature of NTT to me. Where they were quick to establish that. I mean directly stating they were not a Junior Justice League.
    Generally I agree, but Wally and Vic are two exceptions to that rule. Wally sort of got the position along with Barry's costume and name, and not only has Vic more than earned membership with the League, it makes a degree of sense for him as a character and it makes sense that the League would want to bring him in. The others though? No, I don't want them in the League and the Titans shouldn't be looked at as a League training camp.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Let's go for the elephant in the room. Batman makes no sense in the JLA unless you are removing the character's street-level appeal. Either he can be challenged by thugs with guns in Gotham or he has tech that can handle alien invasions at his fingertips.
    I can see a role for Batman in the League, just not the one he's been allowed to hold since the 1990s. Their intelligence officer, and chief snitch twister? Yup. Mixing it up with The Big Guns? No.

Generally I agree, but Wally and Vic are two exceptions to that rule. Wally sort of got the position along with Barry's costume and name, and not only has Vic more than earned membership with the League, it makes a degree of sense for him as a character and it makes sense that the League would want to bring him in. The others though? No, I don't want them in the League and the Titans shouldn't be looked at as a League training camp.
    But this still treats it like you graduate from one to another - are only a Titan because you couldn't (weren't good enough to) be a Leaguer. I do not agree with that.

BANNED

Batman.

I like him with superman, ok. Ocational Wonder Woman is ok as well... But being with Justice League and entire DCU, Outsiders or whatever team is just craps Batman's style. He's supposed to be a myth, an urban legend, people should not be sure if there is a Batman or not, he's bugy man for some but Batman is in public at freaking day light with justice league.... how dumb is that. Totally against everything Batman. I don't like it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Oh, a team that isn't a part of the League I'm fine with. You wanna drop him in a magical Seven Soldiers of Victory or the Shadowcabinet and I am down for that. And I know JLD typically isn't tied to the League at all, and is only putting "League" on the cover for the marketing. So that can get a kinda-sorta pass from me. But any group that is officially connected to or working with the actual League? John shouldn't be within fifty two miles of that and probably wouldn't want to be anyway.

Vic doesn't need to earn a thing.JL is just one of the other teams operating on earth like metal men or challenger of the Unknown or doom patrol. They aren't special. I can get behind vic joining them or whatever because the league needing him. I don't approve of it being seen as some big league or something . jl doom animated did a pretty good job of it. I would have preferred Cyborg still remained a titan, like wally.league ain't family.It is just a bunch of elite superpeople that come together to solve threats, that's it. The closest thing that changes that dynamic is martian manhunter. So,naturally jl will be just a professional thing. The Titans will be their home.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Vic doesn't need to earn a thing.JL is just one of the other teams operating on earth like metal men or challenger of the Unknown or doom patrol. They aren't special.
    Yeah, no one believes that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.