10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Storm following Professor X'es vision doesn't mean Professor is the better leader than her. Storm has a vision too only that it's the same with Professor X that's why she wants the dream to come to realization. I say Storm is the better leader because her powers are more effective in reaching the dream. And she goes out to help and protect while Professor X usually justs stays at the mansion.
    What I mean is that she's always had a "what would Charles do" mentality to her vision. This is understanable. He is her mentor and the closest thing to a father she's had in her adult life. I think Extraordinary X-Men is going to give us a chance to see Storm's vision for mutant-kind.

We saw how she leads teams outside of Xavier a bit of that during the outback years when she took the team underground to strike at enemies more freely. We saw it again when she fore the X-Treme team. But these are teams, and not an entire people.

Now we will see how she leads a race of people. That requires a different type of vision. I am excited. I think Storm has the potential to be greater than Xavier. I just need to see it play out.

PS - powers have so little to do with leadership. (Some of Storm's best leadership moments happened when she was powerless.) A telepath a powerful as Xavier could have brainwashed so many people into believing his dream if he so chose so there is no way Storm's powers are more effective on that front. And it wasn't like Charles was just sitting back doing nothing.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 01-02-2016 at 11:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Let's hope that it continues. Storm should be pushed a lot more and doing a lot more in the Marvel Universe than they have her doing.
    Agreed totally. Still we're off to a good start. A very good start actually. After all this time we finally see Storm is an active leadership position again. The X-Men weren't doing much in the era of Wolverine and the X-Men. Now we see Storm responsible for the fate of mutants. She has them moved to Limbo, gets Forge as the tech expert, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    While I don't it was boring, there could have been a lot more action. I 100% agree about the villain though. No one really pushed her power-wise in the series.
    Indeed.

I think my most memorable part of the Storm ongoing solo was when Storm was saving a plane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Agreed totally. Still we're off to a good start. A very good start actually. After all this time we finally see Storm is an active leadership position again. The X-Men weren't doing much in the era of Wolverine and the X-Men. Now we see Storm responsible for the fate of mutants. She has them moved to Limbo, gets Forge as the tech expert, etc.
    I hope Storm will be successful in leading and saving mutantkind. Their survival is in her hands.

BANNED

I think Marvel will do good things with Storm. Disney and Fox realized in both the comics and in the movies everything was too straight white male oriented. So they have been moving female and characters of color up to the front, and even more gay characters too.

In the Thor section of Marvel you now see Freyja in an active role, Angela (Thor's sister) is now in the picture, Jane Foster is now Thor, etc. The Falcon is now Captain America while the old Steve Rogers is now more of a behind the scenes liason type. In the X-Men Storm is again now the leader of the X-Men. Oh for the Inhumans Medusa is the Queen of the Inhumans alone (Black Bolt has been removed for what he did with the Terrigen bomb). Iceman (a major X-Man) is gay. Ms. Marvel is Kamala Khan (Pakistani Muslim). Miles Morales is Spider Man (he's a Black Hispanic) and Amadeus Cho is now the first Asian Hulk (there's been a bunch of other Hulks besides Bruce Banner for a long time). In the X-Men films we see Apocalypse as the main villain and the film introduces Psylocke and Jubilee (both Asian). Mystique (female) will be leading the team to rescue Xavier and stop Apocalypse (finally everything is not about two old white guys fighting each other, lol). And finally the film shows Storm's introduction and shows a powerful teen Jean.

BANNED

I think Marvel will do good things with Storm. Disney and Fox realized in both the comics and in the movies everything was too straight white male oriented. So they have been moving female and characters of color up to the front, and even more gay characters too.

In the Thor section of Marvel you now see Freyja in an active role, Angela (Thor's sister) is now in the picture, Jane Foster is now Thor, etc. The Falcon is now Captain America while the old Steve Rogers is now more of a behind the scenes liason type. In the X-Men Storm is again now the leader of the X-Men. Oh for the Inhumans Medusa is the Queen of the Inhumans alone (Black Bolt has been removed for what he did with the Terrigen bomb). Iceman (a major X-Man) is gay. Ms. Marvel is Kamala Khan (Pakistani Muslim). Miles Morales is Spider Man (he's a Black Hispanic) and Amadeus Cho is now the first Asian Hulk (there's been a bunch of other Hulks besides Bruce Banner for a long time). In the X-Men films we see Apocalypse as the main villain and the film introduces Psylocke and Jubilee (both Asian). Mystique (female) will be leading the team to rescue Xavier and stop Apocalypse (finally everything is not about two old white guys fighting each other, lol). And finally the film shows Storm's introduction and shows a powerful teen Jean.

I hope you're right, especially that again, one of the senior editors is a Storm fan, so Storm being the leader of all mutantkind is a good start.

BANNED

Keep in mind X-Men: Apocalypse is giving out Storm's origin.
    Yes a watered down blasphemous version not true to the original but an origin nonetheless. All the richness from the near rape to the murder to her journey through the Sahara to... will all be ignored. Once it's out it can lead to more but we need to lobby for it.

BANNED

I loved Storm's vision for the XSE. It was simple and well developed. Right now the vision is search and rescue and survive. It needs to become more than that and quickly.
    Last edited by Arya; 01-02-2016 at 02:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Yes a watered down blasphemous version not true to the original but an origin nonetheless. All the richness from the near rape to the murder to her journey through the Sahara to... will all be ignored. Once it's out it can lead to more but we need to lobby for it.
    Lol.

I know changes has been made and is not in line with Storm's history in 616 but I am not affected much since I consider the movie Storm from an alternate universe.

BANNED

If Storm will have sort of a partner/pairing in the xmen apocalypse movie, it's prolly going to be her and Archangel. I know Psylocke and Archangel have a thing but this isnt comics and Psylocke in the movie looks like a sister to Storm and Archangel.

Lightning People by YuSePe

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I loved Storm's vision for the XSE. It was simple and well developed. Right now the vision is search and rescue and survive. It needs to become more than that and quickly.
    I agree that her vision need to evolve and quickly. Right now the X-Men are reacting. A vision implies a proactive stance. I think they will get there, with Storm at the forefront. Like I said before, I am excited for Extraordinary X-Men and what Storm is going to do as the leader of mutant kind.

If Storm will have sort of a partner/pairing in the xmen apocalypse movie, it's prolly going to be her and Archangel. I know Psylocke and Archangel have a thing but this isnt comics and Psylocke in the movie looks like a sister to Storm and Archangel.
    How did you possible reach this conclusion? NOTHING in the preview gave even an inkling of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I agree that her vision need to evolve and quickly. Right now the X-Men are reacting. A vision implies a proactive stance. I think they will get there, with Storm at the forefront. Like I said before, I am excited for Extraordinary X-Men and what Storm is going to do as the leader of mutant kind.

How did you possible reach this conclusion? NOTHING in the preview gave even an inkling of this.
    You are asking to make sense of the insensible. Better to leave it alone continue another discussion. Trust me, once it is explained it still won't make sense.

BANNED

Once again, you are so accurate in your prediction. After Storm and Archangel get paired up, Storm's latent magic powers will activate through a unicorn horn that she grown after Warren's first kiss and she will absorb the entire dimension, saying "I'm the Goddess now bitches!". After that she absorbs Archangel too and conjures up her one true love, Old Man Logan. She feeds OML pureed peas for the rest of the movie, her last line being "You are the only hairy gremlin for me, Logan, RLAAMJR was right all along, please follow him on twitter for Storm related spam". Then Storm alters the molecules of the title screen "X-Men: Apocalype" to say "Storm: Supreme Goddess The Movie (thanks one man twitter campaign)" (a new power of hers that relates to weather control somehow, sponsored by rutog89). In the next 7 sequels, she is played by Tyra Banks and goes around destroying Marvel's most powerful villains one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    Once again, you are so accurate in your prediction. After Storm and Archangel get paired up, Storm's latent magic powers will activate through a unicorn horn that she grown after Warren's first kiss and she will absorb the entire dimension, saying "I'm the Goddess now bitches!". After that she absorbs Archangel too and conjures up her one true love, Old Man Logan. She feeds OML pureed peas for the rest of the movie, her last line being "You are the only hairy gremlin for me, Logan, RLAAMJR was right all along, please follow him on twitter for Storm related spam". Then Storm alters the molecules of the title screen "X-Men: Apocalype" to say "Storm: Supreme Goddess The Movie (thanks one man twitter campaign)" (a new power of hers that relates to weather control somehow, sponsored by rutog89). In the next 7 sequels, she is played by Tyra Banks and goes around destroying Marvel's most powerful villains one by one.
    I shouldn't laugh at this, but I'm like:
    Attachment 30726
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 01-03-2016 at 02:11 PM.