Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly I wouldn't call what's happening to Eddie "character derailment" since clearly in the story everything is happening against his will. Now if this is the new status quo for Eddie and Venom going forward just like with Ben in Beyond, then yeah absolutely.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

When was the last time Spider-Man fought Venom comics-wise?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time Spider-Man fought Venom comics-wise?
    I think his last fight with Eddie was back during his Anti-Venom days.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Peter should not be gently comforting Norman about the death of his son who probably wouldn't have died (either time) had Norman not sold him to the devil.

Like... he sold his son to the devil, Peter. That is a thing Norman did. Pre-Goblin Norman even.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Peter should not be gently comforting Norman about the death of his son who probably wouldn't have died (either time) had Norman not sold him to the devil.

Like... he sold his son to the devil, Peter. That is a thing Norman did. Pre-Goblin Norman even.
    It really feels like there are better and more sensible characters to support Norman than Peter.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It really feels like there are better and more sensible characters to support Norman than Peter.
    Yeah...like Doctor Ashley...Kafka...oh, right. Um...I am drawing a blank.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

So gotta wonder if the hypocrisy is just lost on Ben and Maddie that their goal is to “get back what was taken from them” and to do so, they basically strip mined Eddie to revert him to 90’s Venom.

I would suggest Doc Samson as Norman's therapist, but he doesn't seem to have done a good job with his most famous patient, Bruce Banner.

It's serving to make me dislike Peter and I don't want that. But I mean... Trying to treat Norman with some politeness to stop him relapsing into evil, that's one thing. Coddling an abuser, telling him one of his victims was a person who ~loved~ him? That's another. And that's not the Spider-Man I know, because the one I know understands justice and what it is not.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I would suggest Doc Samson as Norman's therapist, but he doesn't seem to have done a good job with his most famous patient, Bruce Banner.
    Samson's a rank amateur, we need...need...um...I can't think of any other therapists in the Marvel Universe. Doctor Faustus?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    To be fair to Peter (Wells version), the Norman that Peter is comforting is a bit of Norman that did not sell his son to the devil. The bit that sold his son to the devil is currently running around in Ashley Kafka. (What metaphysics of personal identity is implied here is a possible subject of an essay in one of those Philosophy of Spider-man collections. I do not know whether it would be an interesting essay.)

BANNED

It would appear there's been an editorial shake-up for this event, Nick Lowe is off on holiday and Albert Banazack has taken the reins, confirmed in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Samson's a rank amateur, we need...need...um...I can't think of any other therapists in the Marvel Universe. Doctor Faustus?
    Cindy's therapist? The first one, not the second one who I think she had a crush on but was the brother of the Big Bad of one of her mini's.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    The focus in this forum is on Eddie, but Wells did the exact same thing to Maddie. He wiped away all the character growth she had in New Mutants and basically ignored Vita Ayala's run.
    I was very conflicted reading this … you’re totally right, and yet also Wells gave the New Mutants arc a throwaway line to confirm that both did happen. It does lead me to think there’s more to come, at least I hope. As of right now it’s a good Spider Man story and a boring homade for X-fans, near as I can tell. .

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

New editor on ASM for a while. Let's see if it's just for Dark Web or if it actually means some kind of change is happening