Page 242 of 782 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 11718

Default On a Lonely Planet in a Lonely Corner of the Galaxy

“It doesn’t take long to travel between Lacsbearn and Bontearia. It doesn’t take long at all if you take the Break Channel Causeway.”

“The Causeway was damaged during the last storm; no one can pass across it now.”

The old man smiled, “Aye, no one can. Only one way left to you then. Across the mountain to the North, there still remains the old foot path.” He then leaned in, “the road is long and hard, and you best need beware of the Mountain Folk. If you move quickly and don’t stop for no one, you may be safe. Or you may not.”

The trader from the valley below frowned, “One alone can not travel the mountain path. Yet, if I do not try more than just my business will be in ruins.”

A younger man who’s weathered features belies his youth, spoke between mouthfuls of ale, “A guide then, or a bodyguard.” He looks the trader over as if assessing his worth, “One as you are bound to possess enough coin to hire. In a place like this there are bound to be those who would willingly place their lives in line for the right price. I would go myself, only my wife would have my head before the Mountain folk got to me.”

The Old Dowager Inn, the last place of civilization for travelers before setting out across the mountain to the City of Bontearia, was as run down as decrepit as the name suggest. A place of good drinks and decent food, but one known to attract not so decent characters. It is here that the Trader chose to spend this winter night, drinking mead and talking to the locals before setting out on the final leg of his journey. It is here that he fears would be the end point of his travels upon learning of the loss of the direct path, a bridge that spanned a chasm over 4,000 meters in depth and some 14,000 kilometers in length.

Leaning back in his chair, his hardened glass mug now half empty of the dark brown brew he had been nursing most of the night resting on the table in front of him, the Trader looks across the floor. Few aside from themselves where there tonight. Perhaps they are not so foolish as he to even consider making the now dangerous trip, perhaps that is why few are here now. It was an odd insight, but insight is what businessmen such as himself develop as a skill from the day of their first cash transaction.

Looking to the older man sitting to his right, “Perhaps at one time this Inn would have been filled with willing takers for such a proposition.”

The old man nodded his head, the grey of his beard swaying ever so slightly as he did, “Aye, tis true. Rumors of the Mountain Folk now spread far. Tales of those who cross paths with them, only to vanish, never to be seen again. Or those whose broken bodies were found in the valley below, signs of injuries that canna be caused by even a fall of such height, now keep those who would attempt it away. Causeway will be repaired come spring.”

“Yet I can not wait until spring to complete my journey.” The Trader sighs, then leans in for anther gulp of his mead.

It is then that a voice approaches from behind, “You are in need of aide in making it safely across the next mountain. I am in need of something that is in your possession. Your options are few and we can come to a deal simply enough.”

Turning to look, he sees a woman of pale skin and raven black hair tied back in a single long braid standing near. Her cloak was red like the rarest ruby, her eyes were silver like the blade of the short sword she wore against her leg.

“If your desire to complete your journey is strong enough, you will find me here one hour before sunrise. If it is not, if you fail to show up, ready to leave, then I will do so without you. You have a choice to make, make it wisely.”

With that, the woman turned and walked out of the building.

OOC: Preview of the first chapter of a story I am writing. Can you guess who the woman is?
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The next day..........

A new day dawns with a fiery comet streaking across the sky. The alien ship, looking like a much larger version of a Saiyan pod, flew through the air before it halted slowly and hung silently over the Wastes.

Jagam and his Priestess was here.
    Sarada was eating something for breakfast when she felt it. A power entering Earth's atmosphere. It was high, strong. There was no doubting who it was.

She glanced at her sister, who felt it as well. "It's time," she uttered.

Sarada nodded and changed into her battle armor and followed her outside.

Without waiting for the others, Parsley left. Sarada lingered behind to give Ishtar a kiss and a squeeze of the hand. "Don't die," she said before taking off and catching up to her sister.

"When we get there," Parsley spoke, "don't jump into the battle just yet. I want to observe him for a few moments before deciding how we should go about this. If what happened in that room yesterday happens today, you'll die."

Brief, pragmatic, and logical. Sarada had never fought beside her sister before, but she had heard that she was a much different person in battle. So far, those rumors were true. "Okay."

Eventually, a ship - which looked eerily like a Saiyan pod - was seen hovering above the wastes. Sarada felt herself smiling. This was it. He was here.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Not at the moment. I can rig something up soon though.”
    Praxat replies to this saying" thanks." " slight correction on the distance from here to the Black Eye Galaxy the distance is actually 24.01 million light years not 17." " I wonder type of engine the ship the Princess is in uses." " if I knew what type of engine the ship she is in uses."

" it's possible I could determine what the max speed of that Ship she's using . " " any one who's familiar with starships knows that their speed is measure in PCPH , KPCPH , and MPCPH ." " that's Parsecs Per Hour, Kilo Parsecs Per Hour and Mega Parsecs Per Hour."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The ship opens and a figure floats out. After a moment, the ship moves up higher to an observation point as Jagam, picking red hair moving in the breeze, slowly starts descending. His arms folded, his eyes gazed over the Wastes, looking.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The ship opens and a figure floats out. After a moment, the ship moves up higher to an observation point as Jagam, picking red hair moving in the breeze, slowly starts descending. His arms folded, his eyes gazed over the Wastes, looking.
    Sarada noticed the ship ascending after a single figure exited. I suppose the priestess wants no part of this battle. The remaining person had pinkish red hair and wore simple gray clothing. He appeared to be looking for something, or perhaps someone.

Parsley narrowed her eyes and focused her Observational Focus on him. What could she discern about him at this early juncture.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The next day..........

A new day dawns with a fiery comet streaking across the sky. The alien ship, looking like a much larger version of a Saiyan pod, flew through the air before it halted slowly and hung silently over the Wastes.

Ishtar arrived to the Wastes not soon after the two Saiyan siblings, dressed in the armor that had been made for her by Emma Marie. Silent all more save for the reciprocation of affection made after her lover had offered it -- a simple 'don't die' -- the golden-eyed Oni watched the pod descend, with arms crossed.

She cared little for Jagam beyond the threat he posed. Of more interest was the Threshling Witch, yet when the red-haired Saiyan exited the craft she did not exit along side him.

How passing strange.

Ishtar simply watched as Jagam scanned the Wastes then, though unlike the others she stood well out in the open. It would not take long for the Saiyan to find her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The next day..........

Sasheem was napping upon the Lookout's roof, several empty rice bowls laying at his feet, when suddenly, sending the massive surge of power that arroved, he sprang up. "About damn time..." he grinned. He glanced uo and saw the two Saiyans rush from the lookout, inorder to face the newly arrived menace to the Earth, the Oni traveling with them.

Standing uo and stretching, kicking the empty bowls to the side Sasheem opted to stretch a bit before heading off towards Jagam, albeit at a slower pace than the others.

The next day..........

Meagan and Cyanna were already up, staring out at the sky when the alien ship made it's approach in a most dramatic way possible. Dash, having slept in a little longer than her Chromakai partners, exits the Lookout's main building after the sky show.

Cyanna turns to her but says nothing. Dash nods then says, "Do we leave now?"

"Stay close to me until I say otherwise. You know the drill; stay back, wait and observe."

The two nod, then the three take off. Flying high and fast, they head to the Wastes.

Parsley can discern that Jagam is sending out small waves of ki, almost like a sonar as he visually searches.

He holds a hand out and a red ball of energy starts to form.

“What do I know of the cultured way, the gilt the craft and the lie?”

His voice carries as he drops the ki ball and let’s it fall towards the ground.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The "Rectified Spirit" program had long since been active, cloaking the machine mutant from the senses of others. It was of the utmost importance that Jagam nor his ally didn't know of his presence, overriding any need to comfort his companions in the knowledge that he was among them. Besides, Quila often found his abilities had higher efficiency ratings when he acted "behind-the-scenes".

Currently, the plan was simple; one of the Saiyans would rile up Jagam into falling for their trap. His job was to ensure that whoever became the target of the halfling's rage would suffer minimal damage, or at least has minimal as he could muster. Programs "Prairie Oyster", "Hair of the Dog", and "Liquid Courage" were ready for deployment, he just needed to wait for the perfect moment to use them.

Parsley can discern that Jagam is sending out small waves of ki, almost like a sonar as he visually searches.

He was using his ki as a sonar? Why? What was he looking for?

Surely he didn't know the traps they spent so much time and energy preparing were there?

Parsley watched him form a red ball of energy in his hand, then let it fall to the ground.

"No." She and Sarada retreated to higher ground, one facing facing Jagam and the other the sky in case this was a ruse to flush them out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The three arrive in time to see Jagam form his Ki ball. Cyanna and Dash remain high and much farther back, while Meagan moves in closer. She did not know what his plan was, but her gut instinct told her that they may already be too late.

There wasn't much she could do to stop him, still she opened her Third Eye and took in everything she saw. She did not know if she could affect and alter that much Ki, but if she could use Iris' Gift to neutralize it she will do so, or at least try to do so.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2018 at 06:56 PM.

The ki blast lands, the area below detonating. When the dust settles, he smiles as various traps that has been set below were destroyed or rendered unusable.

“I who was born in a naked land and bred under an open sky.”

Ki gathers in his left hand and starts to take shape.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The ki blast lands, the area below detonating. When the dust settles, he smiles as various traps that has been set below were destroyed or rendered unusable.

“I who was born in a naked land and bred under an open sky.”

Ki gathers in his left hand and starts to take shape.
    "No!"

Parsley's fears came to fruition. Jagam knew exactly where the traps were laid. And he just destroyed them. All of that preparation, all of the energy she spent interlacing the terrain with her vines and equipping those vines with ki nullifying mists, wasted.

Sarada grunted. She knew what Ishtar did to cast those spells and knew it had just been rendered useless. "Enough waiting. Observe this."

She fired a blast at Jagam, one small and thin and aimed at the blast in his hand.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“The subtle tongue, the sophists guile: all fails when the broadsword sings.”

His ki ball morphs into a broadsword and he cuts Sarada’s blast away.

He grins at her.

“Rush in and die, dogs: I was a man, before I was king.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM