Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Throw in the Janet Van Dyne Wasp and Clint Barton Hawkeye along with a non-evil Hank Pym as support and I'd totally read this book .
    That'd be amazing. Jim Zub & Kurt Busiek co-writing w/ Mark Bagley on art.

I'm wondering if we might see Misty and Claire move to Walker's Luke Cage for synergy...

I'm also just as curious what Spencer will be doing once he's done with Secret Empire.
    That'd be disappointing if that's the case. Unless Marvel has both women do double-duty. Besides, Misty and Sam might still be a thing after Secret Empire so. But I could see Spencer either leaving to work on creator-owned stuff or moving up as one of Marvel's Architects in "Make Mine Marvel."

It'd be triple duty for Misty, she's already in Black Panther and the Crew.
    Throw in the Janet Van Dyne Wasp and Clint Barton Hawkeye along with a non-evil Hank Pym as support and I'd totally read this book .

I'm wondering if we might see Misty and Claire move to Walker's Luke Cage for synergy...

I'm also just as curious what Spencer will be doing once he's done with Secret Empire.
    Maybe another villain book? His Superior Foes and Ant-Man books had decent runs.

And Witchfan, good call. We know Thunderbolts is only on hiatus and Zub is currently discussing with Marvel how it should be brought back. If Bucky is off the team, it would be nice to see Hawkeye and Songbird reunited, having been on both the Thunderbolts and AIM Avengers together.

They need to do something with Bucky as a solo character that's actually good. He's not had a truly decent showing since Latour's post-Brubaker arc. I'd like to see an ongoing or at least a team-up book with Black Widow. I'm surprised he's been so uninvolved in the solicits leading up to Secret Empire.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Maybe he could write the Ant-Man And Stinger book? I'd be excited about that

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Maybe he could write the Ant-Man And Stinger book? I'd be excited about that
    He's probably the most likely person for the job, but I kind of want to see someone else take a shot at writing Scott (and Cassie) on a consistent basis, if only because I'm not sure if I want to read more about Scott being his own daughter's sidekick .

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revoirver2 View Post
    Nothing Happen to Steve Roger Kobik wipe everyone memory or Most people / heroes Think Hydra mind controlled CAptain only select few know the truth
    Ah, nothing like a lazy cop-out to avoid dealing with the consequences.

Anyhow, I suspect things will go back to normal until the next event that promises EVERYTHING WILL BE DIFFERENT just like all the ones before.

He's probably the most likely person for the job, but I kind of want to see someone else take a shot at writing Scott (and Cassie) on a consistent basis, if only because I'm not sure if I want to read more about Scott being his own daughter's sidekick .
    I would prefer someone else who could write Scott not as an idiot and write a plot that doesn't only work because the main character is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ah, nothing like a lazy cop-out to avoid dealing with the consequences.

Anyhow, I suspect things will go back to normal until the next event that promises EVERYTHING WILL BE DIFFERENT just like all the ones before.
    And then we'll get another hero vs. hero event soon after .

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Who's saying the next event after Secret Empire isn't one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Who's saying the next event after Secret Empire isn't one of those?
    Law of averages being what they are, there's probably a decent chance it will be .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    My point is that the moral certitude of the Marvel Universe has been eroded away by years (if not decades) of apocalyptic events and ill-conceived hero vs hero battles. We're on a sliding scale of moral relativism now, thanks to an army of superhero who can't protect the planet and only seem concerned with fighting amongst themselves for the stupidest of reasons. That far from being a fantastic place protected by great heroes the Marvel Universe would be a terrible place to live, as the common people live in fear of warring superhuman gangs.

Thus, the recently restored Hydra Cap enters the fray as a beacon of righteous purpose, who may be an evil fascist plotting to take over the world but at least he believes in something. Plus, if Captain America is willing to humiliate and/or kill a few of Marvel's hypocritical heroes all the way then so much the better. Ironically, this new Captain America has become the perfect hero for the modern age – an avatar of vengeance that can triumph in this age of darkness. Because by and large people don’t believe the world deserves utopia, they’ll readily embrace a nightmare if their perceived enemies are made to pay first.
    Well that sounds bleak .
    Very bleak, and depending on your political stance and leanings, this is the exact mentality that got this country into its current situation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How about Villain vs. Villain? The more sensible bad guys have to stop the REALLY bad guys from doing something, you know, EEEEEEEEVIL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

How about Carol puts Steve in a coma? Lol jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    How about Carol puts Steve in a coma? Lol jk.
    And she'll say "You're under arrest" right before she does it .

And she'll say "You're under arrest" right before she does it .
    While respecting Spider-Man's power set.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    With SHIELD presumably being consolidated into the Hydra Secret Empire, maybe they get reconstituted after the event under the command of Phil Coulson.

Or Nick Fury Jr.