Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman's dead killed by Gotham Girl. That's what he set up in the first arc.
    I don't know the second one.
    Hey maybe BatCat will get married, and THEN he'll get killed by Gotham Girl.

Incredible Member

It appears that one change is that a lot less people seem to give a damn about Batman.

The best lasting change will be getting a new writer. But if I had to seriously guess....

Batman and Catwoman finally seeing the light and getting married on a whim in the bat cave or something after the big final battle with Bane.

Kite-Man becomes an ally/hero.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Where did he say this? What’s happening now?
    King was talking to someone on Twitter and mentioned that there are two permanent long lasting changes for Batman he is building towards iirc.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman's dead killed by Gotham Girl. That's what he set up in the first arc.
    I don't know the second one.
    Hey maybe BatCat will get married, and THEN he'll get killed by Gotham Girl.
    Batboy and GothamGal will be Gotham’s new prominent dynamic duo.

BANNED

Didio might request that King ret-con new origins for Dick, Jason, and Damian--they never met Bruce or Batman but were inspired by him, spin them off out of The Family. This would do away with the problem of them "aging up Batman."

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Didio might request that King ret-con new origins for Dick, Jason, and Damian--they never met Bruce or Batman but were inspired by him, spin them off out of The Family. This would do away with the problem of them "aging up Batman."
    No way. Damian’s whole spiel is that he’s Batman’s biological son, it’s why WB ordered DC to bring him back to life. Dick is also too tied to Bruce to be removed as is Jason. You could do away with Tim, New 52 got rid of his time as Robin, but at that point you might as well kill Tim off.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I have no idea but I'd guess a wedding and a death.
    I think something BatCat related seems likely (maybe that's just my hopefulness). But the death doesn't seem likely to be lasting, since it'll definitely be undone by the end of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Which will last for two months until the next writer comes along and rolls the character back again. We've been here before, and it'll never stick unless it's enforced by editorial.
    Yeah, I don't think "Batman is nicer to his family" is something that will stick. After all, that was Rucka and Brubaker's end goal for Bruce Wayne: Murderer, and that stuck around not at all.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No way. Damian’s whole spiel is that he’s Batman’s biological son, it’s why WB ordered DC to bring him back to life. Dick is also too tied to Bruce to be removed as is Jason. You could do away with Tim, New 52 got rid of his time as Robin, but at that point you might as well kill Tim off.
    I would be MORE than thrilled to kill Tim off, and everyone on the forums knows it. I said that Didio would prefer to ret-con the Unwanted Three out of existence, but he'd never see his luggage again. He might never see a paycheck again either, by the time all the howling at Warners died down. But it IS do-able if he was hell-bent enough on it. You could do three kids, on different Earths, all watching TV and thrilling to the adventures of the Batman so instead of running around with towels around their necks, they might upgrade their looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    BatCat will be the status quo going forward

Bruce will start treating his family better
    Morrison already made him nicer and that was yanked. If you think they are going to keep King ideas over Morrison's I got a bridge to sell you buddy.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Morrison already made him nicer and that was yanked. If you think they are going to keep King ideas over Morrison's I got a bridge to sell you buddy.
    Lucky for you I’m out here buying bridges, but only if it’s in Brooklyn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Lucky for you I’m out here buying bridges, but only if it’s in Brooklyn.
    Several years ago, a guy in Arizona bought the London Bridge and moved it to the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Actually, I was thinking that it may be something like that; for some reason (some blue reason, maybe), reality changes and the batfamily and batman get separated from their roots, as if they never met until they started they careers as vigilantes in Gotham. A very radical way of isolating Bruce (that would help with the matter of him aging). But I think it won' be the case, because they are still connected in the doomsday clock timeframe, in the near future, right? But I still think it somehow will have to do with Bruce finding himself alone. Or maybe the total opposite: Bruce finding his allies again, after losing all of them.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-26-2019 at 09:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Actually, I was thinking that it may be something like that; for some reason (some blue reason, maybe), reality changes and the batfamily and batman get separated from their roots, as if they never met until they started they careers as vigilantes in Gotham. A very radical way of isolating Bruce (that would help with the matter of him aging). But I think it won' be the case, because they are still connected in the doomsday clock timeframe, in the near future, right? But I still think it somehow will have to do with Bruce finding himself alone. Or maybe the total opposite: Bruce finding his allies again, after losing all of them.
    The goal is always to make Batman more alone, and I think my above theory would be entirely workable and would please Didio.

HiC #7 might have revealed one of the changes.
    spoilers:
    Poison Ivy resurrected as apparently a being of the Green. At least she looks like it, green skin again and all
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El