Page 33 of 432 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I doubt Hickman had anything against Jean when he started, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does now after some fans' behaviour on social media lol. I'm not saying there aren't some legitimate gripes, including the costume and the contrast with Red, but the insecurities, especially when Emma is around, are very off-putting. Everyone's powers were scaled down in HoX/PoX, Jean included, but she got to be an important council member and is one of the faces of the X-men.
    You really think he'd be immature enough to write bad stuff on purpose out of pettiness against a few people on twitter? As the writer it's his responsability to be above that. He seems to have a ~idgaf about their opinions~ attitude, so that should include not being influenced by negative comments either.

And this almost feels like you wanting to put the blame on us if Jean is not portrayed well, which feels kinda shitty and manipulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You really think he'd be immature enough to write bad stuff on purpose out of pettiness against a few people on twitter? As the writer it's his responsability to be above that. He seems to have a ~idgaf about their opinions~ attiude, so that should include not being influenced by negative comments either.

And this almost feels like you wanting to put the blame on us if Jean is not portrayed well, which feels kinda shitty and manipulative.
    Who am I manipulating and what am I getting out of it? Less embarrassment for being a Jean fan? lol I was mostly joking about Hickman's resentment but who knows what's taking shape in his subconscious lol.

Who am I manipulating and what am I getting out of it? Less embarrassment for being a Jean fan? lol I was mostly joking about Hickman's resentment but who knows what's taking shape in his subconscious lol.
    By saying that Hickman didn't dislike Jean before but he probably does now thanks to her fans complaining, you're pretty much implying that if she's portrayed badly again by him it's because he got affected by their comments, which shifts the blame to them/us instead of him. Which I don't think it's nice. Anyway, I was meaning to be positive about the Giant-Size issue here...

By saying that Hickman didn't dislike Jean before but he probably does now thanks to her fans complaining, you're pretty much implying that if she's portrayed badly again by him it's because he got affected by their comments, which shifts the blame to them/us instead of him. Which I don't think it's nice. Anyway, I was meaning to be positive about the Giant-Size issue here...
    It was just a joke and my comments were toward the more extreme segment of her fanbase. Her fans are notorious within an already notorious fandom lol. I think the 13 years of her being dead drove us crazy. I will go on record to say that if he writes Jean badly in the future, it's on him.

Anyway, yes I'm positive about Giant-Size and X-Force. Feeling good!

It was just a joke and my comments were toward the more extreme segment of her fanbase. Her fans are notorious within an already notorious fandom lol. I think the 13 years of her being dead drove us crazy. I will go on record to say that if he writes Jean badly in the future, it's on him.

Anyway, yes I'm positive about Giant-Size and X-Force. Feeling good!
    I'm behind on the latest DOX books(I just haven't felt like keeping up with the releases every wednesday anymore for some reason), so I haven't read the latest issue of X-Force yet. But I got spoiled on that great line she says to Hank and I'm stoked lol.

Like I said earlier, Percy is able to do a lot in a few panels!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I doubt Hickman had anything against Jean when he started, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does now after some fans' behaviour on social media lol. I'm not saying there aren't some legitimate gripes, including the costume and the contrast with Red, but the insecurities, especially when Emma is around, are very off-putting. Everyone's powers were scaled down in HoX/PoX, Jean included, but she got to be an important council member and is one of the faces of the X-men.
    I won't condone or support any harassment, vitriol, or threats made against Hickman. However his portrayal of Jean earned acknowledgement in how weak a characterization she had not based on the entirety of her history but at least a few months.

There's a stark difference between what Hickman had her doing and how Percy is including her in his story. Criticisms such as "Jean wasn't the star", "Jean wasn't the center figure" was never an issue for me. But being complete utterly despondent and overtly hapless is not the Jean I've read for several decades, nor are dire situations unfamiliar to her. Which ironically X-force helps captures perfectly!

You know the Marvel Girl costume isn't the issue it's how dated it is, it's such an anachronism to Jean, at least in its current form. Another valid complaint on how Hickman's initially chose to present Jean, in this uncolored page she already fills more free and more like herself.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 01-30-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean and Emma are working together, but that doesn't mean they are best friends now. They're both just mature enough to work together to help a teammate. From the interview, it doesn't sound like the point is to rehash the past, or have Jean apologize to Emma.

I'm super eager to see more art. Dauterman said Jean's energy (telepathy) was suppose to be bigger and more imposing than Emma's, and I can't wait to see that displayed on the page.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-30-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean and Emma are working together, but that doesn't mean they are best friends now. They're both just mature enough to work together to help a teammate. From the interview, it doesn't sound like the point is to rehash the past, or have Jean apologize to Emma.

I'm super eager to see more art. Dauterman said Jean's energy (telepathy) was suppose to be bigger and more imposing than Emma's, and I can't wait to see that displayed on the page.
    Reminds me of the New X-Men days where they went inside Xavier's mind. I wonder if this is inside Ororo's head, hence the headband above the giant carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Reminds me of the New X-Men days where they went inside Xavier's mind. I wonder if this is inside Ororo's head, hence the headband above the giant carrot.
    It's a baobab tree.

Very important in many African cultures.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's very beautiful and gives me hope that we'll learn something about Storm in the issue.

So in Feb, Jean has X-Force, Giant Size and Wolverine?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

They shouldn't rehash the past, that I agree. But it should be more than a footnote that was left behind.
    For Jean it happened very recently.
    well they are already friends or very friendly, X-men #3 leave it very clearly. And I bet Jean gonna say something like " I was unfair to you on the past"

Having Dauterman drawing it makes me more excited, he is a fan and wouldn't let it go much imbalanced. He had creative imput, so my hopes are with him

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So in Feb, Jean has X-Force, Giant Size and Wolverine?
    yes

I’ve always thought Jean made peace with it in HCT and ES.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’ve always thought Jean made peace with it in HCT and ES.
    Here Comes Tomorrow isn't this Jean. She was a alternate version, and she had that decision to save the world not because she was a scemma shipper.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-31-2020 at 11:37 AM.