Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The worst series of the Krakoan era. Hands down.
    Not even top 5. I thought the consensus was that X-Corp is the worst book on the Krakoa era.

So…why was the title of the mini called “Trial of Magneto”, exactly?

Extraordinary Member

Also it's still hard to believe that they made a whole big deal of Billy not knowing Wanda was dead, both in this comic and in S.W.O.R.D., and then he just randomly showed up last issue and (unless there is an explanation forthcoming) no one mentions when/how he found out and came over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So…why was the title of the mini called “Trial of Magneto”, exactly?
    Probably because Cebulski (or someone) is obsessed with reusing the titles of old stories for stories that have nothing to do with them (Inferno, Avengers Forever, Heroes Reborn).

Or maybe this was supposed to have more to do with Magneto before they added the kaiju attack and the Old Lady Wanda stuff. I have no idea any more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Does anyone actually care about this mini anymore? This should have been called “The Rebirth of The Scarlet Mutant”
    I love it. Glad to see the twins mutant status restored snd their status as children of Magneto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I love it. Glad to see the twins mutant status restored snd their status as children of Magneto.
    I don't have a problem with either, but what in this series gives the impression that either of those things are going to happen?

The only references to either have been Xavier saying they're not mutants and "fooled Cerebro," and in the Hellfire Gala, Magneto saying that he considers Wanda his daughter even though she's not his biological daughter.

It doesn't look like they're changing anything.

I can think of plenty of ways they could have 'redeemed' Wanda without murdering her. This has been so scattered and nonsensical. Remember the first issue ended with Speed getting eaten by plants as they were absorbing his moms' corpse?

At least I have the Wiccan and Hulking Infinity series to do stuff with the twins.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Does anyone actually care about this mini anymore? This should have been called “The Rebirth of The Scarlet Mutant”
    "The curious case of Scarlet Witch getting over the movie rights induced super human status debate."

Has there actualy been any trial at all so far? Seems like Magneto was only arrested so far, but no trial or even proper prosecution has been setup yet from what i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    X-Men Unlimited would like to know by your location.
    When a supposed "pro environmentalism" comic sounds like it could have been written by the guy who made a comic about how Dungeons and Dragons is turning children into demon magic using satanists...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I dunno. It's messy and inconsistent, but I wouldn't say it's awful. At the very least, it's not as bad as Fallen Angels, Children of the Atom, or The Book That Shall Not Be Named.

That's exactly what happened. I'm 100% convinced that the Avengers stuff, nuWanda and most of Magneto's involvement was just thrown in to make the story seem bigger and busier.
    And I doubt it was done by Williams. Her writing leans toward character exploration and interpersonal conflict. Given that this series only exists because of meddling from editorial and marketing, dropping the mystery for no-stakes fights in the middle of issues and the Avengers hanging around just 'cuz has higher-up thumbprints all over it. But that feels like it's happening a lot - plots that were outlined for one book getting bloated and picked at to increase sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. That’s fair. Forgot about that one.
    I’ll have what he’s having. I wish I could forget that hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck.

This is supposed to be a story about forgiveness. Wanda will forgive herself. And maybe some mutants will believe Wandas sincerity and forgive her. And maybe she will offerbherself to the pit and push Old Woman Wanda in there to balance the scales.

Old Wanda should be ashamed of herself her literal bestie is Gilf Agatha Harkness who never misses in fashion she should have worn a more flattering outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Old Wanda should be ashamed of herself her literal bestie is Gilf Agatha Harkness who never misses in fashion she should have worn a more flattering outfit!
    She's like Madonna here. Trying to hold onto her prime.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's like Madonna here. Trying to hold onto her prime.
    But where as Madonna lacks the teeth she still has the body.

Hordeculture is recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    But where as Madonna lacks the teeth she still has the body.
    Wanda still has the body. There is just better things to wear at her age.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.