Page 47 of 148 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Predictions for this week:

Patriots over Chiefs- Patriots win now, but the Chiefs will win in January
    I'm going with the reverse: Patriots lose this Sunday but beat K.C. in K.C. in January.

Tonight should be interesting. If the Eagles lose again, does a QB controversy begin to brew in Philly?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I'm going with the reverse: Patriots lose this Sunday but beat K.C. in K.C. in January.
    I think they hit 4-4 and then run the table for another heartbreaking Super Bowl. Because win or lose, it's always a close, heartbreaking SB when the Pats are in.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Tonight should be interesting. If the Eagles lose again, does a QB controversy begin to brew in Philly?
    Not even likely. The Eagles have had injuries all over the place, especially on offense (line, RB, WR) and, frankly speaking, they've been playing rock stupid football, having committed the third highest number of penalties in the league. Fortunately, we're playing in a division that's suddenly gone in the toilet again, so a 9-7 record would be enough to win NFC Least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Let me preface this with: I hate the Patriots.

That said, anyone else find it amazing how everyone is assuming that KC is going to smack them down Sunday? The logic is that the Chiefs smacked them last year in Foxboro with Smith, and now they got Mahomes. Okay. But a few things. New England starts notoriously slow. KC starts notoriously fast. We're already past the first quarter of the season. I think the overly-confident "Chiefs are going to knock the Patriots on their ass" narrative is just that, overly confident, and based far too much on a bandwagon mentality.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Something feels different with the Chiefs this year, though.

Don't worry they will still blow it in the playoffs because Andy Reid will misjudge the time it takes to line up and kick a field goal or something.

Something feels different with the Chiefs this year, though.

Don't worry they will still blow it in the playoffs because Andy Reid will misjudge the time it takes to line up and kick a field goal or something.
    Eh ... the Bears and Rams are different ... the Chiefs look the same with a better QB and worse D.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Chiefs have a playoffs curse...even before Reid. They haven't been able to make it to an AFC Championship in like 25 years. They just can't seem to win come playoff time. I mean 1 year under Reid he lost almost the entire offense in a game due to injuries. I mean its why I always joke , well seasons over once KC makes the playoffs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs have a playoffs curse...even before Reid. They haven't been able to make it to an AFC Championship in like 25 years. They just can't seem to win come playoff time. I mean 1 year under Reid he lost almost the entire offense in a game due to injuries. I mean its why I always joke , well seasons over once KC makes the playoffs.
    Its the "you're not Hank Stramm" curse

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its the "you're not Hank Stramm" curse
    Possibly....I mean look at the Hall of Fame players KC has had in that span --- Joe Montana , Derrick Thomas , Marcus Allen , Neal Smith , Tony Gonzalez ....and no appearances in an AFC Championship game in 25 years folks. I knew it was a curse when the entire offense suddenly got injured after a big lead against the Colts in a divisional playoff game. I knew then , well this team will never make it to AFC Championship game while I'm alive. I faced that fact a long time ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Like I said, something is different this year. Mahomes is like the best guy I've seen since ... Dawson maybe. At least DeBerg. Montana, Krieg - these guys were at the end of their careers when they came to KC.

Also it appears KC is now everyone's darling. Their game with the Bengals just kicked the Rams-49ers game out of the Sunday night slot in Week 7. (Not that anyone wants to see the Niners these days):

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/1...me-follow-suit

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Eagles are off to a good start, leading the Giants 14-3 near the end of the first quarter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

How on Earth did the Giants think that all they needed was a Running Back to make a playoff run?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Barkley is highly impressive. He's sickwithit. Too bad the Giants will win about 4 games.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How on Earth did the Giants think that all they needed was a Running Back to make a playoff run?
    Well they also assumed Beckham would actually play once they paid him. Or something. Any Giants fans know whats going on there?