Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Annual

spoilers:
    Interesting that Drakkon isn't having total success in every realm he visits.

Also it looks like due to universal causality shenanigans that when MMPR Tommy died and the timeline split every version of Tommy on another team may have been preserved.

So in seasons where the Rangers overlapped like Turbo we may have separate versions of the same character.
    end of spoilers

So I just got caught up and read 25 issues within a month (some of those issues were a b*tch to find too), and Shattered Grid is blowing me away. I gotta say, it is fascinating how Higgins is playing with the timeline. He's really trying to build himself (and future writers) a blank slate to build future stories. He has now assured that the transition from dinosaur powers to thunder zords to ninjas to Zeo (excuse my lack of proper vocabulary) now officially can not happen like it did in the show. I love that.

Now I'm just missing Go Go 3-6 and the first two Annuals. Are the annuals worth $8 each?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't be too eager to see Jason, Trini and Zack written out like they were in the show, though I'd welcome Rocky, Aisha, Adam and Kat being brought in in some capacity. Maybe he can put the Dairanger costumes on them?
    This is a solid idea.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    So I just got caught up and read 25 issues within a month (some of those issues were a b*tch to find too), and Shattered Grid is blowing me away. I gotta say, it is fascinating how Higgins is playing with the timeline. He's really trying to build himself (and future writers) a blank slate to build future stories. He has now assured that the transition from dinosaur powers to thunder zords to ninjas to Zeo (excuse my lack of proper vocabulary) now officially can not happen like it did in the show. I love that.

Now I'm just missing Go Go 3-6 and the first two Annuals. Are the annuals worth $8 each?
    Absolutely they are. That price is usually hard for me to justify, but this series makes it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    From what I've seen online, there seems to be some debate if this takes place in the rigid canon of the show, or a new canon heavily based upon the iconic MMPR that is utilizing stuff here and there from other series'? If the latter, Higgins can do pretty much whatever he wants, so I wonder if he will kill more and make it stick?

I wouldn't be too eager to see Jason, Trini and Zack written out like they were in the show, though I'd welcome Rocky, Aisha, Adam and Kat being brought in in some capacity. Maybe he can put the Dairanger costumes on them?
    It's more or less impossible for it to take place in the canon of the show. There's way too much different now. I think it's going to be mostly it's own thing now. It might pull a "Different circumstances, same result" kind of thing with the timeline

Go Go came out today

pretty good if you ask me.

chapter should have been called Kimberly Ann Heart and the No Good, Rotten, Shitty Day
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Go Go came out today

pretty good if you ask me.

chapter should have been called Kimberly Ann Heart and the No Good, Rotten, Shitty Day
    Lol, very true. But agreed. Good chapter.

I'm eager to see how they flesh this out.

spoilers:
    Future Kim has an important relationship to Drakkon which is important to regular Go Go Kim even though she hasn't even met Tommy yet. Also curious how they'll tie this in to Shattered Grid on the whole since the regular MMPR Rangers haven't given any indication they remember meeting future Kim way back when. My guess is future Kim went back in time right before Drakkon began the shattering and now she's stuck there?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm eager to see how they flesh this out.

spoilers:
    Future Kim has an important relationship to Drakkon which is important to regular Go Go Kim even though she hasn't even met Tommy yet. Also curious how they'll tie this in to Shattered Grid on the whole since the regular MMPR Rangers haven't given any indication they remember meeting future Kim way back when. My guess is future Kim went back in time right before Drakkon began the shattering and now she's stuck there?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think due to the shattering Go Go is now in its own separate timeline so due to the shatter the MMPR rangers wouldn't know about Ranger Slayer Kim
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

spoilers:
    I think due to the shattering Go Go is now in its own separate timeline so due to the shatter the MMPR rangers wouldn't know about Ranger Slayer Kim
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I think this is the case as well. It makes the most sense.

I didn't notice this until a review pointed it out but...

spoilers:
    Future Kimberly's bow and arrow set is fashioned after Tommy's old Sword of Darkness.
    end of spoilers

I must say, that's a nice touch.

Also this...was too perfect to not share.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.17.49 PM.jpg

https://twitter.com/SunglassPri/stat...74619639205888

Curious to see how the Hasbro deal will affect Go Go and MMPR

Curious to see how the Hasbro deal will affect Go Go and MMPR
    That was my immediate thought. I really do not want these to somehow end up at IDW and certainly do not want them canonically interacting with ROM for goodness sakes.

Incredible Member

I hope the Rangers stay at BOOM !, and not go to IDW. Reminds me back in the day when Boom ! had all the Disney properties until not long after the Mouse House bought the House of Idears. Despite Boom's success, both critically, and financially with the Disney characters. They inevitably went over to Marvel, and their tales publisher there. But didn't last long at Marvel. Now they're being published by IDW. Boom has a wonderful grip on the Power Rangers, and the fans are lovin' it. Although the thought of Jason, Tommy, Billy, Kimberly, Zack, and Trini encountering Rom and Dire Wraiths open up some interesting doors. Or the Rangers getting decomposed by D-Compose in an Inhumanoids crossover.

This really sucks, but I just don't see a future in which Power Rangers doesn't join the "Hasbroverse." Of course Hasbro wants popular culture to view Power Rangers alongside their other properties.

Sorry folks, but I'm afraid it's inevitable. Now the only thing we/I can hope for is that Kyle Higgins gets maybe a year or two more.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

If/when that happens, I will not be reading. The Hasbroverse absolutely slaughtered my interest in Transformers comics, and More than Meets the Eye was probably my favorite non-Marvel book before they merged all their properties. Now I'm just hanging on to Lost Light until it ends out of respect for that earlier time.