Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1444

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Doreen's solo, here's the preview for #32, with new artist Derek Charm.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...irrel-girl-32/

And it looks like Marvel Rising is in play here.
    That is looking good it keeps the style of SG that erica envisioned and having her teaching is a nice touch
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

BANNED

The new art is gonna take some getting used to ( I was really expecting the bottom text to comment on the change) but it isn't bad. Doreen as a teacher is perfect and I wish she was teaching the coding class I'm taking next semester.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yes! Thanks, Digifiend, for the preview. Only looked fast to check into the new art style, but yes! I can definitely get behind this new look. Takes some of the worry away, it does, ahhh.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Henderson knew what she was doing when she nominated her successor. She handed Jughead over to the same artist too.

It's definitely neat that she's teaching high school kids (including Ms Marvel, but Doreen doesn't know Kamala is a superhero yet) about coding while still in the middle of her degree in the same subject. That must be what she's doing with her newfound free time, now that she's left the Avengers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-04-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Man those are some big shoes to fill. I really like the preview pages though. I am really curious to see how much input Henderson had into the scripting and stories. I don't think it was much, based off of creator's comments. But she definitely added a ton through not only the main art but also the background objects, scenery, even the books/stores with terribly amazing puns...

I'd like to see Charm get to write some of the bottom of page jokes, as a way for us to get to know him. I also hope he contributes to the letter column. I don't think it can be overstated how important those columns are to the feel of and connection I have to the book.

Mighty Member

Reread the "Forbidden Pla-nut" arc last night. One of my faves for sure. I definitely want a SG, Nancy and Loki miniseries or OGN..

Where do you all put this story? A favorite or something less?

BANNED

You know I'm not sure why, but I really loved the 'Spider-Man in Civil War' reference in the newest issue.

Also, i said that the art was gonna take some getting used to? Yeah, it only took the one issue to get me fully on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I definitely want a SG, Nancy and Loki miniseries or OGN.
    Heh, I'd be down for that. Honestly the more I learn about and the more I read of Loki from the past handful of years, the more he's becoming one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Where do you all put this story? A favorite or something less?
    Not my favorite arc, but I really enjoyed it, although that's generally a given for this series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You know I'm not sure why, but I really loved the 'Spider-Man in Civil War' reference in the newest issue.

Also, i said that the art was gonna take some getting used to? Yeah, it only took the one issue to get me fully on board.

Heh, I'd be down for that. Honestly the more I learn about and the more I read of Loki from the past handful of years, the more he's becoming one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Not my favorite arc, but I really enjoyed it, although that's generally a given for this series.
    I liked Loki in the Legacy Dr. Strange arc a lot too. I wish he had been Sorcerer Supreme for much longer, though. That setup can fuel limitless story possibilities. My dream would be to have Gillen write a continuation of "Journey into Mystery" with an adult Sorcerer Supreme Loki. If you haven't read that run I highly recommend it. Based on your top 20 list and posts it seem like something you would really like.

A Thori/Mew teamup/friendship/rivalry is also a must.

Charm is a perfect fit. I did like that Erica provided a female voice and presence, and I think that will be missed both in-story and in real life ways, but as far as putting pictures on the page and telling a story Charm is really great.

"Least favorite SG arc" is like my least favorite paycheck or ice cream flavor. Still pretty great regardless.

BANNED

I liked Loki in the Legacy Dr. Strange arc a lot too. I wish he had been Sorcerer Supreme for much longer, though. That setup can fuel limitless story possibilities. My dream would be to have Gillen write a continuation of "Journey into Mystery" with an adult Sorcerer Supreme Loki. If you haven't read that run I highly recommend it. Based on your top 20 list and posts it seem like something you would really like.
    I didn't even know he'd stopped being Sorcerer Supreme.

I've started Journey into Mystery and I'm really liking it...of course I recently read Young Avengers Vol.2 with no warning so I already know the ending. blah.

"Least favorite SG arc" is like my least favorite paycheck or ice cream flavor. Still pretty great regardless.
    My "least favorite" would probably be the Savage Land arc, but even that was still packed with great moments.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I didn't even know he'd stopped being Sorcerer Supreme.

I've started Journey into Mystery and I'm really liking it...of course I recently read Young Avengers Vol.2 with no warning so I already know the ending. blah.

My "least favorite" would probably be the Savage Land arc, but even that was still packed with great moments.
    Yeah unfortunately it only lasted one arc. But there's no reason he can't retake the title. Or "Sorcerer Supreme of Reality" or "Sorcerer Supreme of Asgard" or whatever.

I wish I could read that Journey run again for the first time. One of my absolute favorite works of fiction in any medium ever. I don't think reading YA first will detract too much from your enjoyment of JIM, honestly.

Mighty Member

Marvel Rising Alpha comes out Wednesday!! Just a reminder to the Squirrel Girl and Kamala fans out there. If you didn't get your free copy of Marvel Rising #0, check with your LCS, some shops got more copies sent this week.

Thanks for the heads up! I missed #0

99 Armors of Iron Man are on Newsarama, including these two...

Last edited by Digifiend; 06-12-2018 at 02:32 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I missed #0
    It might be available for free online too, if your LCS is out.

Marvel Rising Alpha is out today...
    spoilers:
    Kamala panics, thinking Doreen - who she doesn't know is Squirrel Girl - has figured out her secret identity. Turns out it's her online handle Slothbaby she's figured out, and not her Ms Marvel identity. The tables are turned later though, when after a battle, the two heroines separately stow their costumes - and Kamala catches Doreen putting her headband in her bag. Looks like Ms Marvel just rumbled Squirrel Girl's secret identity!
    end of spoilers