Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The only song allowed in a Krakoan rave.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Make more mutants is also a challenge to "No more mutants".
    Still over here waiting for the inevitable Wanda, Pietro, Voodoo and Minimoffs vs Krakoa miniseries we're bound to get when shit gets dry with the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's my take on this issue as well.
    They won't kill unnecessarily, especially if they have the advantage as Bobby and Bishop did in that scene. However, should their lives depend on it...obliterate the flatscans, permanently! (As we've seen in X-Force)
    It's dependent on the situation. (Personally, I would have ended those grunts...I applaud Iceman for his restraint)
    Not sure torturing them is much better. I mean, I have permanent damage in my left foot from very minor frostbite-thanks, Fort Wayne Community Schools, for not closing schools during an ice storm. It sucks, it really sucks.

So what are the humans employing these guys gonna think? They already want to murder the mutants, but this attack isn't helping things.

Shaw is likely hoping that this escalates tensions, which will make it easier for him to swoop in and seem sane compared to Emma's wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Still over here waiting for the inevitable Wanda, Pietro, Voodoo and Minimoffs vs Krakoa miniseries we're bound to get when shit gets dry with the X-Men.
    In which she gets thrown in the Pit with Sabretooth. A fate worse than irrelevancy

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    In which she gets thrown in the Pit with Sabretooth. A fate worse than irrelevancy
    She decimated them last time truthfully I don't think Krakoa wants those problems again.

Love that Lockheed’s first word was “brap!”. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and team up with Stormzy to hit the grime scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Love that Lockheed’s first word was “brap!”. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and team up with Stormzy to hit the grime scene.
    I'm now imagining a Stormzy and Lockheed mixtape.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    She decimated them last time truthfully I don't think Krakoa wants those problems again.
    We've got a couple reality manipulators and high level telepaths to keep her in check now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm now imagining a Stormzy and Lockheed mixtape.

We've got a couple reality manipulators and high level telepaths to keep her in check now.
    Okay first of all I've always headcanoned that Storm has the pipes of Whitney! And any mixtapes she's on would be fire!!

2nd of all Wanda has a super powerful new Voodoo possessing boyfriend, brother and son who can break the sound barrier, and another son with future seeing abilities, reality warping powers that surpass her own, future god who ended the world an alternate future, engaged to the man in charge of the entire Skrull/Kree Armada. I really don't think Krakoa wants those problems. Though both teams are pretty stacked!

Loved the visual call back to Emma finding out about her dead students being done when seeing her find out the death of “technically” the first student we saw her interact with.

The inconsistency of 2010s editorial haunts Emma's character. Death of X, IvX, and Emma in Blue were so poorly received from fans and critics for the misogynist scapegoating of mutants at a time when X-Comics were being sabotaged, while Emma in HoX/DoX is a return to her Headmistress and Utopia years where she's powerful and influential. It's not surprising that the current version we have is inspiring old and new fans. Bad editorial has never reconciled these two competing versions of Emma and I guess if you treat all canon as equal (as comics train you to do) then you will have problems. I have a looser approach and weigh bad writing (a sense amalgamated from fan enthusiasm, sales, and criticism) as less impactful to the overall sense of a character and current dynamics.

I'm not saying that Emma is innocent of all charges and I don't think the book says that too. That slap was well-earned, imo. But no one other than Shaw and Homines Verendi were responsible for Kitty's death so any more anger from Storm would have been overkill. Was the hug too much? I don't know because Emma did just do a nice thing for Storm and she was affected by it. The bigger question on my mind, however, is: are we getting Saint Emma now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The inconsistency of 2010s editorial haunts Emma's character. Death of X, IvX, and Emma in Blue were so poorly received from fans and critics for the misogynist scapegoating of mutants at a time when X-Comics were being sabotaged, while Emma in HoX/DoX is a return to her Headmistress and Utopia years where she's powerful and influential. It's not surprising that the current version we have is inspiring old and new fans. Bad editorial has never reconciled these two competing versions of Emma and I guess if you treat all canon as equal (as comics train you to do) then you will have problems. I have a looser approach and weigh bad writing (a sense amalgamated from fan enthusiasm, sales, and criticism) as less impactful to the overall sense of a character and current dynamics.

I'm not saying that Emma is innocent of all charges and I don't think the book says that too. That slap was well-earned, imo. But no one other than Shaw and Homines Verendi were responsible for Kitty's death so any more anger from Storm would have been overkill. Was the hug too much? I don't know because Emma did just do a nice thing for Storm and she was affected by it. The bigger question on my mind, however, is: are we getting Saint Emma now?
    All the horrible things Emma is hated for is bad writing. The rape, Inhumans, Tyke were all badly received storylines and the writers who wrote those stories were the real culprits for not knowing how to write female characters. Why hate a fictional female character over something a bad male writer wrote? It's pretty misogynistic to do this o Emma.

This would be like HATING Storm with a PASSION because she's been badly written. This would be like hating Storm because of how Guggenheim wrote her (as completely useless) but smarter people know that Storm is NOTHING like Guggenheim's version and therefore it does NOT count.

Well said and I feel the same way. It's as if they tossed most of the poorly written Emma out and brought us here, and I'm all for it. Emma has become a favorite of mine and she continues to shine. There's a camaraderie among the mutants thanks to Krakoa. They have an opportunity to thrive now. It's created a unity and may have softened some of the old issues between them. "Bigger things to worry about". Emma teaching children lights her up and we know she's blissful in that role. Maybe she and Storm can view each other as sisters somewhat - not all siblings are extremely close but there's love due to the shared experiences and tribulations.

Everyone cares greatly for Kate and it showed here. Now I'm biting my nails nervously for when Logan finds out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

A Saint Emma??? Well, it's possible. Unless the Story Calls for it then Storm/Emma are back to not liking each other.

I can't wait till Emma and Bobby find out Christian conspired against them. And I can't wait till Storm out that Shaw Killed Kitty LOL

Phew! almost scary and exciting to think about.....

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I can't wait till Emma and Bobby find out Christian conspired against them. And I can't wait till Storm out that Shaw Killed Kitty LOL

Phew! almost scary and exciting to think about.....
    They might actually fight over who gets to enact revenge. Hopefully they decide to share.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They might actually fight over who gets to enact revenge. Hopefully they decide to share.
    I think Emma is going to find out and will give Shaw a piece of her mind.

But she tells Shaw that there is someone who has been dying to chat with you and you hear is "KRA-KA BOOM"!!! Storm appears.

And she says Emma leave us and the door closes. Ooooh gave myself shivers