Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1102
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

It sounds like they want a giant war between the Second Order and the Resistance.
    TBH i wanted that for TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    going by the official timeline...

Ben Solo was born 5 ABY (After Battle of Yavin). The Force Awakens starts in 34 ABY.

Ben turned and Luke went into exile in 28 ABY.

Luke was born 19 BBY.
    Well now I'm really confused. How long exactly has Luke been milking those walrus cow things on the island?!?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well now I'm really confused. How long exactly has Luke been milking those walrus cow things on the island?!?
    From 28 ABY to 34 ABY. Or 7 years.

He was an old pro by the time we see him milk 'em. Too much pleasure in his face?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    suicide is ok kids. for the right reasons ofc/sarcasm off
    Luke did not commit suicide.

BANNED

Yesterday I saw the film for a second time. And surprisingly I was able to view it as a piece of art. It was almost like watching an opera as opposed to just live action video game.

I liked the fact that Po went from swashbuckling ‘flyboy’ (or meat head) to someone who at the end of the film thought before he acted. I never realized it, but Finn’s charging of the cannon at the end of the film, had as much to do with saving the rebels than it was of his own hatred for what they had done to him. Hence Rose's line to him that we should fight for what we love more than what we hate. Bitterness and resentment has a way of destroying you more than the person you are bitter towards.

And of course there was Rey’s struggle, which was not so much with the so-called ‘dark side’. Than her struggle with who she is and her past. She thinks that by finding her parents she will wash off the inner shame she carries of being rejected and a need to find that she is ‘special’ or not just human trash.
    But the fact is that you don’t need to come from ideal circumstances (or a Leave it to Beaver up-bringing) or have the approval of others to move forward and do something with your life.

To hold on to that notion is to be mentally crippled and waste your life and potential. Anyway great movie, I'll probably see it again. I hope that Johnson holds the line and continues on the same trajectory in the next film. And they don't water/dumb down the film for the general audiences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    knowing that it would kill his mortal shell nevertheless.
    isn´t my opinion, just saying that you could read it that way.
    worried about all these emotionally challenged kids out there...
    Luke didn't commit suicide. Anyone who read that he's committed suicide into the scene is beyond help to begin with. Because any person with half a brain could see that scene was about being brave and unselfish in helping others.

If an unbalanced, immature or wicked person wants to take a piece of art (or anything else for that matter) and use it as an excuse to do wrong then that is their responsibility not others.

I saw the film twice opening weekend. Like most people, I was mixed on how Luke was portrayed and I had mixed feelings the first time I saw the film, but I didn't HATE it like other people. I saw it a second time and really enjoyed it. It's not a perfect movie nor is it the best Star Wars movie, but it is still pretty freaking good. Yes, I would have liked to have seen Luke be more heroic and showcase how strong in the force he was by having an epic lightsaber duel with Kylo and the Canto Bight stuff did slow the pacing of the movie down, but other than that, the movie was fine. I know some people didn't like Rey's parent reveal but honestly, I like the idea that anyone in the Star Wars universe can be special and strong with with the Force not just people who are related to a Skywalker you know? As for the Snoke issue, I am still mixed on it. One one hand, I would have like to have gotten SOME backstory on him, but on the other hand, it really wasn't needed. Kylo rising up and being the new supreme leader is way more interesting than Snoke being another Emperor. I still give the Last Jedi an 8/10.

My only other gripe about the new films so far is that there was a missed opportunity to have Luke, Leia, and Han to reunite. I was expecting Han to have a cameo as a Force ghost since it was announced that Harrison would be back for Episode 8 or 9 back when Force Awakens came out.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    My only other gripe about the new films so far is that there was a missed opportunity to have Luke, Leia, and Han to reunite. I was expecting Han to have a cameo as a Force ghost since it was announced that Harrison would be back for Episode 8 or 9 back when Force Awakens came out.
    I feel pretty confident in saying that this series isn't being made with fans of the OT in mind.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I feel pretty confident in saying that this series isn't being made with fans of the OT in mind.
    It is, or why feature Han, Luke, and Leia (and Yoda, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and R2-D2) at all, plus a First Order and Resistance with alarmingly familiar Stormtroopers, Star Destroyers TIE Fighters, X-Wing Fighters, etc. Even the Resistance logo that figured so prominently in this film is a holdover from the Original Trilogy.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

my gripe was why did Luke's mechanical hand go into the Force but not his cloak.
    I have no beef with Vegans

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    my gripe was why did Luke's mechanical hand go into the Force but not his cloak.
    In fact, ALL of Luke's clothes other than the cloak went with him into the Force. That's the first for a Jedi. When Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin went, they left their garb behind.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

There will a new trilogy fairly soon. That's an opportunity to go in any direction desired. With new characters there would much less complaining. I think anyway. These films were the last opportunity to feature the characters from the original films. I get that we're in a much different time that requires more character complexity. I just was disappointed but it was decent film. I'm just more invested in the original films than I am the Star Wars universe. To me this a fine film but a disappointing Star Wars film.

Considering how much it shits all over the OT and its main characters i sure tend to agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Since no clothing is sentient, and therefore cannot become a ghost, all ghost Jedi should be naked. Its not as if one of the force powers is "force them to see clothing on me!" or the equivalent.

Although the notion that Yoda has been actually naked in every single film, and just has been force-projecting clothing on himself, is actually very "Yoda" and does make me chuckle.

All ghosts actually should be naked. Clothing doesn't die and become a ghost.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-11-2018 at 02:20 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.