Page 320 of 371 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The strange creature is revealed, Parsley sensing a conglomeration of soul energy within the blue fire that surrounds the creature. She also senses a strange power that seems far to like Night for Parsley’s taste.

The cave is just a unique HFIL that naturally dampens sensations, the smoke and fire having added to that.
    The creature looks at them, soul fire in its eyes. It takes a step back when it realizes it cannot manipulate you thanks to Sihn’s protection. Upon that realization, the creature seems to wreath itself in soul blue flames.
    With Sihn's assistance, the stasis this creature held about this realm within the realm of the dead became revealed. Ochazuke recentred himself, now turning his intention to the nature of their newly revealed opponent.

Fire. An appropriate aesthetic for damnation and torture, certainly, but the blue that surrounded its body burned with a certain intensity. Neither a source of warmth nor purification, the ghastly halo...it was alive.

"Is that where the result of your contracted promises, Soul Meister?" Ochazuke glowered, a bead of sweat rolling from his brow. "Voluntary fodder claimed for a corpsed shell?"

More than the shape of this enemy and the source of its power, there was something else about this thing which twisted fury into the martial artist's subtle aura. Intermingling with the blue flame where it glowed, a shift in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    An assortment of souls, possibly absorbed throughout its time in HFIL. It was an indictment on how flimsy the entire structure of Otherworld was that a creature like this was able to hide in secret for that long. Changes were in order, that was for certain.

Parsley's ax appeared in her hand as she transformed into Super Saiyan. "Well, you're a lot uglier than I thought you'd be," she remarked.

It seems to be similar to Night, she realized a moment later. Sihn's protection worked, so a repeat of her moments with Night on his world wouldn't come to pass.

"I told you whatever plan you have would end in your death. Seems the timetable has been moved up a great deal." The runes on her ax become aglow as she channeled her ki through the blade.

The blue fire held its souls in place. Snuffing that out should have released them.

Blood poured out of her pores and coalesced into a smal ball in her hand.
    So you've encountered this one before...?

The fire burned and the blood swelled; clearly, the enmity was serious. Whatever the case, the minutae could wait.

What is its connection to Sakin?

"I'd thought there would be some fixed meaning, for a soul drifts to the Afterlife to meet its respite or justice," Ochazuke said. "By all indications, they are but the last figments of living will, are they not, Sihn?"

Throwing his hands forward in a series, a salvo of dozens of Flash Cutters filled the air, the razor edged ki orbs slashing toward the Soul Meister, filling the chamber from multiple angles.

"Good. I'm dragging you to a dimension where we can get some kickass training done. Vaikuntha."

"...ah, the Threshling Princess' personal world."

Tasure blinked. "You... know her?

"Yes... despite her prickly attitude, she's been quite the effective ally to me. Indispensable during the Saiyan-Threshling war, which was... considerably more drawn out in my world, compared to this one, I expect."

Tasure didn't know much about this other Totoma, besides him being extraordinarily strong and having ended up on Callion... it seems that events had played out somewhat similarly in his world, just... with their own twist.

"Huh, imagine that. Well then, you should know what to expect. I would ask if you're up for it, but this isn't an offer... it's an order."

E Bekon cocked an eyebrow. "Order? I'm stronger than you; you can't make me do anything."

"...tch, more backbone than the Totoma I'm used to. Fine... my boy is going to be... gone for at least half a year, leaving Earth with one less defender. I..." She sighed. "...want shore up my abilities so I can pick up that slack."

That was a bit embarrassing to admit, since it made it sound like she was going to put on a costume, start posing, and begin playing superhero. That was, of course, absolutely not the case, but the thought itself was demeaning. Still, she considered Earth her home, and she couldn't just sit on her ass and relax... besides at dinner. The place had a nasty tendency to attract trouble, lately, and she had to be prepared.

E Bekon regarded her for brief moment, then sighed himself. "Fine, but I won't go easy on you."

"Wouldn't have it any other way. And once I catch up to and surpass you, don't expect me to go easy on you."

That boast was met with a derisive snort. "Like a purebred, even you, could ever catch up to a halfbreed that actually tries."

He was technically right... a halfbreed that actually cared about training would almost always outpace a purebred, unless the purebred had better training methods. Still, setting a difficult goal would just drive her to train hard and smart to achieve it. "Heh... hope you're hungry when it happens, because you'll be eating those words soon enough." Tasure drew one of her daggers and then stabbed the air, slicing downward... opening up a path to Vaikuntha.

Synced up as Tasure was with these daggers and enchanted with magics familiar to her, the Threshling Princess had been able to turn the both of them into Tasure's 'keys' without much time or effort. The princess had whined about the method of entry and exiting being... rather undesireable, but it didn't matter to Tasure at all. Aesthetic considerations weren't really something she concerned herself with. No need.

"Now get yourself in there. I've got one more person to pick up."

E Bekon, after taking a brief moment to examine his "mother's" handiwork, stepped into Vaikuntha. Meanwhile, Tasure sheathed her dagger, then did the usual ritual of putting her fingers to her forehead. This next person's energy was... considerably further away, and not as strong, so it would take a bit to home in on it. Thankfully, she knew the owner well, so it wouldn't be impossible.

After about 10 or 15 seconds, she locked onto this person's energy and her form blurred...
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Meister’s rings that encircle his body seem to flicker and pulse, an auditory distortion as it lumbers forward, the Flash Cutters bouncing off the rings as it seems to gather blue fire in its hands.

Sihn recites an ancient saying, shaking the cave as the gunslinger suddenly seems to blur into action. The gathered power in his hand warps into the gun and he fires.

Pure creation, untainted, morphed into a bullet fires out and slams into the Meister, taking him off his feet and hurtling him back dozens of yards into the cave’s back wall, his blue flames sill seeming to dim as he struggles to his feet. The weird sound the rings around the Meister had caused seems to have reversed as well.

“No. I won’t abide any more monsters like you, or Sakin, or anyone else!”

Sihn’s body starts glowing as more white energy pools in his hands, as he attempts to create another Creational bullet.

“This will take me a bit, hit him hard and don’t let him escape!”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Meister’s rings that encircle his body seem to flicker and pulse, an auditory distortion as it lumbers forward, the Flash Cutters bouncing off the rings as it seems to gather blue fire in its hands.

Sihn recites an ancient saying, shaking the cave as the gunslinger suddenly seems to blur into action. The gathered power in his hand warps into the gun and he fires.

Pure creation, untainted, morphed into a bullet fires out and slams into the Meister, taking him off his feet and hurtling him back dozens of yards into the cave’s back wall, his blue flames sill seeming to dim as he struggles to his feet. The weird sound the rings around the Meister had caused seems to have reversed as well.

Sihn’s body starts glowing as more white energy pools in his hands, as he attempts to create another Creational bullet.

Sihn gave them an opening, and Parsley didn't intend on letting it go to waste.

During her training with Caliban in Universe 16*, Parsley learned a great deal about sorcery. Namely, how to use her Blood Magic more effectively and how to meld it with her Ki. It may have been no big deal for some, but to her, it made her just that more potent. As she began shaping her blood into a rune, she summoned the ki nullifying mist that her wife specialized in.

Perfect Intuition: Ki Negation

Instead of immediately setting that loose on the Meister, she instead enfolded it around her rune and perfectly melded them together into a seamless mixture of ki and magic. The rune took shape, then flashed golden just as she thrust her hand outward toward the Meister. It disappeared, then reappeared under him. It flashed again, then erupted upward and formed a massive ethereally green tornado.

[Ki Negation] + [Blood Rune] = Soul Siphon

Her intention for the spell was simple. The properties of Ki Negation was to rapidly drain a person's ki supply until they were nearly empty. Enhanced and transformed by her blood magic, her spell would instead drain the blue flame from the Meister and funnel it into Parsley's waiting hands. What she would do with that energy depended greatly on how much she managed to siphon form him. There was more than she could comprehend inside that creature, so she would probably have more than enough to work with for what she had planned next.

*To be revealed whenever the magic training camp arc begins
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 03-29-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    The MeisterÂ’s rings that encircle his body seem to flicker and pulse, an auditory distortion as it lumbers forward, the Flash Cutters bouncing off the rings as it seems to gather blue fire in its hands.

Pure creation, untainted, morphed into a bullet fires out and slams into the Meister, taking him off his feet and hurtling him back dozens of yards into the caveÂ’s back wall, his blue flames sill seeming to dim as he struggles to his feet. The weird sound the rings around the Meister had caused seems to have reversed as well.

SihnÂ’s body starts glowing as more white energy pools in his hands, as he attempts to create another Creational bullet.

Ochazuke's queries yielded little from either side of this conflict. Neither from Sihn, nor anything greater than this shrugging effort from their newly revealed foe.

Sparse repartees from those who would presume to take on so much, their bureaucratic ally included.

Is that all you have to offer for your grand scheme? Or have we no part to play in this design pressed forth upon this path eons ago?

Yet though mortal Ochazuke and Parsley were, the creature wreathed in its fire had deigned to notice, and was brought even lower by Sihn's action.

"Bold of you, but...it would be regrettable to waste something so unique as a Spark of Creation on a foe such as this, wouldn't you agree?"

Much of his salvo of Flash Cutters were deflected...and they meant to clash force for force, that would have ended that opening gambit right there. The way the razor's edges were formed by his intent were meant to cling to whatever they struck, and they bit into the ringed structure of the Soul Meister's defense like a swarm upon a branch.

The sound of the rings seemed to reverse, and their hold of the Soul Flames seemed to diminish. Curious. Could this be the medium for his spell?

Sihn gave them an opening, and Parsley didn't intend on letting it go to waste.

During her training with Caliban in Universe 16*, Parsley learned a great deal about sorcery. Namely, how to use her Blood Magic more effectively and how to meld it with her Ki. It may have been no big deal for some, but to her, it made her just that more potent. As she began shaping her blood into a rune, she summoned the ki nullifying mist that her wife specialized in.

Perfect Intuition: Ki Negation

Instead of immediately setting that loose on the Meister, she instead enfolded it around her rune and perfectly melded them together into a seamless mixture of ki and magic. The rune took shape, then flashed golden just as she thrust her hand outward toward the Meister. It disappeared, then reappeared under him. It flashed again, then erupted upward and formed a massive ethereally green tornado.

[Ki Negation] + [Blood Rune] = Soul Siphon

Her intention for the spell was simple. The properties of Ki Negation was to rapidly drain a person's ki supply until they were nearly empty. Enhanced and transformed by her blood magic, her spell would instead drain the blue flame from the Meister and funnel it into Parsley's waiting hands. What she would do with that energy depended greatly on how much she managed to siphon form him. There was more than she could comprehend inside that creature, so she would probably have more than enough to work with for what she had planned next.

*To be revealed whenever the magic training camp arc begins
    Magic, it seemed, would be the currency by which the price would be paid today. Parsley increased the ante of souls with blood.

Contesting the creature's control...

There was something prudent he'd asked Sihn which had gone ignored for the time being. Understandably, the time to act was short, however, so Ochazuke would have to ascertain it for himself.

The Flash Cutters continued to saw away at the Soul Meister's rings, its strange melody seemingly linked to the blue flames. Parsley's blood spell began to take effect, and so Ochazuke would tilt things further into her favour.

As he had done previously, he struck out with the spectral flame, carried upon the merger of Dragon and Crane techniques, the Ryuka Dodonpa lashing out at the ringed array with white-hot intensity. The moment the tongue of fire hit the Flash Cutters where they'd been sawing into them came the reveal.

Capturing and reflecting the fire where they'd skated around, several dozen detonations lashed out, creating shatterpoints and slag where they erupted.

Ascertaining the effect, his attention now turned to the Soul Flames, and the true nature of these things.

If they are souls gathered from the Soul Meister's contracts, did they indeed possess any remaining will?

Yes, they do possess will still.

Parsley, your rune draws some of his soul power, but he is a Master of his craft. You cannot siphon much, and strangely, he bares no Ki to drain.

The Meister stands, and as the rings start to hum once more, Ochazuke strikes and shatters most of them. The Meister staggers, blue flames whirling about his form.

Sihn pauses in his charge up, nodding slightly to Ochazuke.

“Crelational energy is a good counter to soul magic, but perhaps you’re right, that might be a bit overkill here.”

He instead slips a few strange bullets out, saying something in a language you don’t understand, and reloads the gun even as the Meister’s rings slowly start to reform, a dishonest hum starting to build from their shattered form.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley, your rune draws some of his soul power, but he is a Master of his craft. You cannot siphon much, and strangely, he bares no Ki to drain.

The Meister stands, and as the rings start to hum once more, Ochazuke strikes and shatters most of them. The Meister staggers, blue flames whirling about his form.

“Crelational energy is a good counter to soul magic, but perhaps you’re right, that might be a bit overkill here.”

He instead slips a few strange bullets out, saying something in a language you don’t understand, and reloads the gun even as the Meister’s rings slowly start to reform, a dishonest hum starting to build from their shattered form.
    It wasn't much, but what Parsley managed to siphon out of that creature was enough for her to do something. She conjured more blood from her hand and melded it to the small conglomerate of souls in her hand. That allowed her to mold them to her wishes more easily.

The souls enveloped her hand and began to shift, taking the shape of a small blade.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"So you've encountered the like before," Ochazuke mused, "To use magic to prey upon such a thing, to see the worth of a soul in such a manner, perhaps requires a jaded view of what it means to be alive."

What, indeed was the worth of a soul? The collective existence and memories of a life? To those who judge the value of a life by the strength of memory and great deeds, they could put a price on the length of its experiences, the accumulation of knowledge. They'd come from the mortal realm chasing after those with grand ambitions who'd bartered away their very selves for another chance to fulfill their envious desires. Even now buried in the ice-sheets of Persephone's Avalon were the memories of countless ghosts.

Perhaps that is where this speechless creature had erred.

The push and pull of soul energy flew volatile in this pocket of Hell. Carried in the blue flames as but a flicker, but where Ochazuke stood before them they might as well have been screaming.

In tandem with Parsley's effort, he reached out to the Genki innate within those living essences contained inside the flames, yearning to be free, channeling a portion of what Sihn had used earlier to shake the fog of deception from this place.

In a manner of speaking, aCreation to bring into existence a path where it was once forfeit to the Soul Meister's slavery.

What happens when a high pressure system is suddenly given an outlet?

It explodes.

The three of you are blown back as the Soul Meister screams. Waves of souls, thousands upon thousands, suddenly stream from him like water from a hydrant. Given a final escape from his bondage, they flee and wither the Meister as they do, finally rushing to Sheki’hinah and her caring judgement. The blue fires dim and vanish, the Meister further staggered as Sihn levels shot after shot into the creature, shattering his rings and preventing him from calling the souls back.

Leaving him open to Parsley.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It explodes.

The three of you are blown back as the Soul Meister screams. Waves of souls, thousands upon thousands, suddenly stream from him like water from a hydrant. Given a final escape from his bondage, they flee and wither the Meister as they do, finally rushing to Sheki’hinah and her caring judgement. The blue fires dim and vanish, the Meister further staggered as Sihn levels shot after shot into the creature, shattering his rings and preventing him from calling the souls back.

What could only be likened to a dam bursting open, Soul Meister's collection of souls exploded out of him, funneling out of cavern and up to the processing center to finally receive their judgment from Sheki'hinah.

Parsley relinquished the few souls she had collected so they could do the same. Looking upon the withered remains of the Meister, they weren't necessary.

Her ax's blade started to glow as she funneled her ki into it. The creature was on its last leg, and she was going to finish it.

Parsley burst forward, ax trailing behind her. With an upward swing, she drew the blade through the Meister, bisecting him longways.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

What could only be likened to a dam bursting open, Soul Meister's collection of souls exploded out of him, funneling out of cavern and up to the processing center to finally receive their judgment from Sheki'hinah.

Parsley relinquished the few souls she had collected so they could do the same. Looking upon the withered remains of the Meister, they weren't necessary.

Her ax's blade started to glow as she funneled her ki into it. The creature was on its last leg, and she was going to finish it.

Parsley burst forward, ax trailing behind her. With an upward swing, she drew the blade through the Meister, bisecting him longways.

The two pieces stay together for a heartbeat, than slowly fall away and to the ground.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The two pieces stay together for a heartbeat, than slowly fall away and to the ground.
    With all the excitement of wet flatulence, the Soul Meister's came to an abrupt end.

Parsley was actually offended by the entire affair. When she and Ochazuke arrived with the intention of speaking with Sihn, she hopes to learn something, anything. Instead, what they got was a complete random starting up trouble... for reasons? He claimed to want to rework the celestial order, but he died so quickly and easily that she had serious doubts that was even the case.

Parsley sighed. "I missed my children's first Saiyan Day hunt for this," she remarked with an annoyed tone.

She hefted her ax and brought it down on the cavern wall, intent on breaking off a piece or two for her own purposes.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It explodes.

The three of you are blown back as the Soul Meister screams. Waves of souls, thousands upon thousands, suddenly stream from him like water from a hydrant. Given a final escape from his bondage, they flee and wither the Meister as they do, finally rushing to ShekiÂ’hinah and her caring judgement. The blue fires dim and vanish, the Meister further staggered as Sihn levels shot after shot into the creature, shattering his rings and preventing him from calling the souls back.

The explosion was riotous, sending Ochazuke to the far end of the chamber. Planting his back against the wall was about the only means by which he could maintain his footing, and with it the essential stance passed down through the Master's scroll.

The thousands of souls are freed from their compact...this is good...however...

Clutching the Soul Splicer he'd taken from Battersea, the Soul Meister's latest thrall, the moment Parsley's axe cut through the creature, Ochazuke used this font of his power to lock in on its presence.

I don't want either your energy or any part in your scheme than necessary, came the collective call he'd invoked when forming the Genki Dama before. But if you think you shall pass to judgment unscathed...

Using the weapon of the enemy to modify his technique, Ochazuke seized upon the Soul Meister's ghost before it could flee in an attempt to anchor it to this forsaken place.

"For you who trade in it, Death is far too generous," he said. "But an eternity without any means to move on, forgotten to the ages, that will be yours."

Though a mortal witness, he was, despite Sihn's presence, very ready to stand as judge and execute this final condemnation. Presumptuous, yes.

The circumstances behind these twisted emergences and the lack of answers, however, gave him little regard for standing on ceremony, especially for this one.

Casting his other hand out, apparating from thin air he produced a short, wooden staff.

"You have witnessed our journey. Dealt with Sakin. Now tell me why you'd sought to undo the Afterlife. To what end was this part of his design? Otherwise..."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The explosion was riotous, sending Ochazuke to the far end of the chamber. Planting his back against the wall was about the only means by which he could maintain his footing, and with it the essential stance passed down through the Master's scroll.

The thousands of souls are freed from their compact...this is good...however...

Clutching the Soul Splicer he'd taken from Battersea, the Soul Meister's latest thrall, the moment Parsley's axe cut through the creature, Ochazuke used this font of his power to lock in on its presence.

I don't want either your energy or any part in your scheme than necessary, came the collective call he'd invoked when forming the Genki Dama before. But if you think you shall pass to judgment unscathed...

Using the weapon of the enemy to modify his technique, Ochazuke seized upon the Soul Meister's ghost before it could flee in an attempt to anchor it to this forsaken place.

"For you who trade in it, Death is far too generous," he said. "But an eternity without any means to move on, forgotten to the ages, that will be yours."

Though a mortal witness, he was, despite Sihn's presence, very ready to stand as judge and execute this final condemnation. Presumptuous, yes.

The circumstances behind these twisted emergences and the lack of answers, however, gave him little regard for standing on ceremony, especially for this one.

Casting his other hand out, apparating from thin air he produced a short, wooden staff.

"You have witnessed our journey. Dealt with Sakin. Now tell me why you'd sought to undo the Afterlife. To what end was this part of his design? Otherwise..."
    The trapped ghost doesn’t respond right away, but you get the sense of......something fearful.

Sihn doesn’t seem to mind what you did either.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With all the excitement of wet flatulence, the Soul Meister's came to an abrupt end.

Parsley was actually offended by the entire affair. When she and Ochazuke arrived with the intention of speaking with Sihn, she hopes to learn something, anything. Instead, what they got was a complete random starting up trouble... for reasons? He claimed to want to rework the celestial order, but he died so quickly and easily that she had serious doubts that was even the case.

Parsley sighed. "I missed my children's first Saiyan Day hunt for this," she remarked with an annoyed tone.

She hefted her ax and brought it down on the cavern wall, intent on breaking off a piece or two for her own purposes.
    The walls have started reverting to normal HFIL like surroundings after his demise. You take two pieces off, but wether they are viable for anything remains to be determined.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM