Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 117678
    Attachment 117679

I create a panels slot which features of Male and Female who have join the Avengers so far. Eventually, I even place all their icons in order. What do you think?
    That's really good! Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 117678
    Attachment 117679

I create a panels slot which features of Male and Female who have join the Avengers so far. Eventually, I even place all their icons in order. What do you think?
    Cool .

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Poor Bonita
    IMHO, one of the biggest mistakes of that book was not making more use of Bonita.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. I know the feeling all to well. At least to her credit, she returned & rescued Hank Pym (T^T)

Yeah, but La Espirita was a terrible look for her. Her costume as Firebird was one of the best.

Peace

Poor Bonita
    Yeah. Hawkeye did not make himself look good there. They needed one more member as it was a avengers rule they needed this many members and hawkeye was trying to get the thing to join over and over again and ben said no.

Firestar at the same time really wanted to join the avengers. But dimwit hawkeye didn't figure it out.

Even mockingbird called him out on it. "you are annoying a guy to join who has made it clear he does not want to while that girl is begging to join!"

They needed one more member and she was right there wanting to join!

And after mockingbird points it out--hawkeye still ignores her and gets the thing to join who lasts one issue before leaving!

Firebird goes back to the rangers not getting to join.

They lose both of them.

Good job there hawkeye!

They do pity firebird and give her a reserve status in a Annuel so she got that at least!

Not hawkeye at his smartest.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Which version of Nighthawk is this?
    The one from the recent Heroes Reborn event. He and Hyperion are still on the loose, but Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum, and Blur are in custody.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yeah. Hawkeye did not make himself look good there. They needed one more member as it was a avengers rule they needed this many members and hawkeye was trying to get the thing to join over and over again and ben said no.
    One thing about the Mark Gruenwald era is that the Avengers were obsessed with rules and regulations. Hawkeye would repeat practically every issue that they needed a sixth member to comply with Avengers rules, and then the punchline was that the rule had been dropped and nobody told him.

The Stern and Englehart runs were very different in a number of ways, but they did have in common that they were very serious about stuff like Avengers rules, by-laws, and more generally about the administrative pressures of running an Avengers team. That feels to me like Gruenwald's influence as an editor. Englehart's earlier Avengers run had a bit of this but not as much; in the '70s you could read for months and not know who was leading the team.

It's not something I really enjoy reading about, but I admit it's part of the history of the franchise going back to the early issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    One thing about the Mark Gruenwald era is that the Avengers were obsessed with rules and regulations. Hawkeye would repeat practically every issue that they needed a sixth member to comply with Avengers rules, and then the punchline was that the rule had been dropped and nobody told him.

The Stern and Englehart runs were very different in a number of ways, but they did have in common that they were very serious about stuff like Avengers rules, by-laws, and more generally about the administrative pressures of running an Avengers team. That feels to me like Gruenwald's influence as an editor. Englehart's earlier Avengers run had a bit of this but not as much; in the '70s you could read for months and not know who was leading the team.

It's not something I really enjoy reading about, but I admit it's part of the history of the franchise going back to the early issues.
    I miss that kind of stuff compared to how they handle the team now. It made them feel more official and like a structured, organized, team compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss that kind of stuff compared to how they handle the team now. It made them feel more official and like a structured, organized, team compared to now.
    I agree 100%
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Firestar at the same time really wanted to join the avengers. But dimwit hawkeye didn't figure it out.

Even mockingbird called him out on it. "you are annoying a guy to join who has made it clear he does not want to while that girl is begging to join!"

They needed one more member and she was right there wanting to join!

And after mockingbird points it out--hawkeye still ignores her and gets the thing to join who lasts one issue before leaving!

Firebird goes back to the rangers not getting to join.

They lose both of them.

Good job there hawkeye!

They do pity firebird and give her a reserve status in a Annuel so she got that at least!

Not hawkeye at his smartest.
    The worst of it was that he was set on fulfilling a rule that the Wasp (at the time the ECA leader) told him it was no longer in effect (the six member limit, that Cap established while under the mental influence of Moondragon). So he could have added both, Ben and Bonita. Yeah, hawkeye really screwed up there.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I agree 100%
    I agree. It really made the Avengers feel different from other Marvel teams such as the X-Men the FF and the Defenders. They were truly a team of professionals. It also helped us get the feel that being an Avenger was something special, something that demanded a special kind of commitment to those rules, and that not everybody was fit to be an Avenger. A feel that went out of the window when Bendis started to write the team and came with his everybody who is popular in the MU (or that I like and WANT to make popular) can be an Avenger, such as Wolverine, Storm, Daredevil, etc... For me, that was the end of the team as it was concieved to be, and it never quite went back to being as it was. Spometing is always missing.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-25-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Marvel’s Next War Will Put The Clash Between The Avengers and the X-Men to Shame
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-next-conf...ush-civil-war/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel’s Next War Will Put The Clash Between The Avengers and the X-Men to Shame
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-next-conf...ush-civil-war/
    In a good way?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    In a good way?
    One can hope...

Avengers versus Serpent Society might be fun, but I'm not going to get high expectations.

She's too ridiculous and unlikeable.
    Her origin is ridiculous! Her mother decided to....FLEE ACROSS THE GALACTIC BORDER OF THE SHIAR IMPERIUM TO....PICK FRUIT?!

Think about that for a second, but only a second because any longer and your brain will explode. We have borders that she could have fled across on earth for a crappy job. I can just imagine Aaron writing this thinking how deep this origin is and how it's making a statement.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

How long was Brandy's Mom the Starbrand for anyway? Has it even been over a year in-universe since Marvel Legacy #1 (in which Hickman's Starbrand was killed off)? She can't have been Starbrand before that, as there's only ever one at a time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman