Incredible Member

Default Supporting cast questions.

Ever any references to Chief O’Hara? I know back in Tec. Englehart used to reference him.

Is Harold still an active character? He used to live in the Bat age and work on equipment for Bruce.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Are you talking about Harold Allnut? He was killed by Hush years ago and if I'm not wrong the Chief O'Hara was killed in Dark Victory; for what I know both of them were never been resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Is Harold still an active character? He used to live in the Bat age and work on equipment for Bruce.
    Harold was last seen in Scott Snyder's All-Star Batman; he was shown to be living on a farm outside of Gotham, developing various crime-fighting vehicles underground for Bruce. I can't remember if they said his facility is where Bruce is storing older models of the Batmobile currently as well.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

I wonder if that's where Tim's original Redbird ended up then? His father lost all his money and wanted to sell Tim's car that Bruce had gifted him. Alfred disguised himself as a buyer because the car contained Bat tech, and selling it to a member of the public would've likely outed Batman and Robin's secret identities. The car was never seen again after that. If there's a storage facility for old Batmobiles, it'd make sense it would end up there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if that's where Tim's original Redbird ended up then? His father lost all his money and wanted to sell Tim's car that Bruce had gifted him. Alfred disguised himself as a buyer because the car contained Bat tech, and selling it to a member of the public would've likely outed Batman and Robin's secret identities. The car was never seen again after that. If there's a storage facility for old Batmobiles, it'd make sense it would end up there.
    Nobody used Harold except Snyder and Tim didn't get his old back story back in Tynion's work until a year later. Snyder and Tynion's lore tend to be connected so I'm not closing the possibility... but I'm more inclined to believe that by the time the new timeline started where Tim remembers he used to have an old car... the new author assigned to Tim if it's not Bendis, will not remember anything about it or Harold.

Fun headcanon though.

Extraordinary Member

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I’ll never understand how Tim could be allowed to legally drive a car at his age. Let alone, own a “new one.” I know comics aren’t real.

But things VIN numbers. Insurance. How’d Tim get passed all that.

“My father is ill, I have to drive.”

I’d be like, “sure son. You and have the teens in this country.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    A

I’ll never understand how Tim could be allowed to legally drive a car at his age. Let alone, own a “new one.” I know comics aren’t real.

But things VIN numbers. Insurance. How’d Tim get passed all that.

“My father is ill, I have to drive.”

I’d be like, “sure son. You and have the teens in this country.”
    Tim's age is notoriosly unreliable, but assuming that Gotham is in either NY, IL or CT, then he could have got a restricted licence as early as 16.5 or so, and if it's in New Jersey then it's 17.