Page 231 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1311812212272282292302312322332342352412813317311231 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 75153

CNN just dropped a poll where Trump is down to 38% approval, his lowest point ever, and here Bush 41 and Jimmy Carter were at in approval polls in failed bids to win a second term in office.

Their Biden vs. Trump poll is now Biden 55, Trump 41. That... is a friggin' landslide big enough for Stevie Nicks to sing about it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I was going to post this, but you beat me to it, aja. I would recommend paying close attention to the clip of the woman at the end. Maybe even watch the extended version that Rosa posted.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Not putting assault rifles out there would justify defunding police departments of their militarized budgets, to be sure. Everything started to trend in the cops and public waving bigger and bigger weapons at each other... if there's an event to point to where things changed, it's probably the Norco shootout of 1980. The police were outgunned by the criminals, and argued since to always be ready to bring in bigger hardware.

Except now, they have friggin LRADs going onto the streets of Portland and Seattle. Sonic cannons that can cause permanent loss of hearing. For peaceful protesters.
    Sonic cannons? Isn't that what they used against Venom in the 1990s Spider-man cartoon?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Sonic cannons? Isn't that what they used against Venom in the 1990s Spider-man cartoon?
    I'm not sure but it could be the same stuff that was in the news being used on US Diplomats at an embassy to cause brain damage. I think Cuba, but it was years ago and with new madness and atrocities happening so often it's hard to keep some things straight.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Looking at this press conference with Pelosi and the Dems, with them all wearing African scarves... it's really reminding me of the SNL skit during the OJ trial where Johnny Cochran was denying playing the race card- and then the camera pans over to the defense table, where all of the white attorneys are wearing various African garb.
    They were given them to wear by the Congressal Black caucus. They are kente clothes and are being used to show that all Dems are on the same page with this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LACaldwellDC

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Luxemburg View Post
    Please tell me that you're using Trump as an example of a bad president, and not that you actually think Trump is only bad president in the history of the US.

The police originated from slave patrols. US Policing is inherently anti-black.
    Hallo Rosa! Deutschland und andere Länder, die keine vergleichbare Sklaverei wie die USA hatten, haben aber trotzdem schon seit Jahrhunderten eine Polizei. Wie erklärst du das?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fascists tend to kill people who speak their minds.
    When they operate in a completely fascist system, yes.

I have no doubt in my mind that the killings will begin when Trump gets a second term.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

CNN just dropped a poll where Trump is down to 38% approval, his lowest point ever, and here Bush 41 and Jimmy Carter were at in approval polls in failed bids to win a second term in office.

Their Biden vs. Trump poll is now Biden 55, Trump 41. That... is a friggin' landslide big enough for Stevie Nicks to sing about it.
    After 2016 the only polls I care about is on Election night and hopefully Biden wins this one. But til that happens , I'll just wait and all. I don't wanna jinx it. Consider this a Kansas City Chiefs deal. People discussed how they seemed destined for the Super Bowl in playoffs. I however told them , no ...nothing is for certain. Hold off doing this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The reason why England doesn't have intimidation tactics is because of the strict gun laws, and depending on where you go in the UK they can be just as bad as their American counterparts. Thing is a lot of their bad stuff was done earlier during a time.

Extra credits covered the UK police. And yes they did use those tactics and probably still do in their minority communities. It's just that we dont see it as much in the States.
    Yeah, I've seen people like Boyega and Sterling talking about it -- as well as Balotelli out in Italy and basically any player out in Russia or Eastern Europe.

China and Japan likewise have their human rights issues as do many nations in the Middle East and Africa.

People will get it together eventually -- at least now people can see and read for themselves what's happening in the world and respond accordingly.

One video changed the world -- at least for the short term if not for generations to come.

As the speed of the exchange of information increases it's possible that the evolution of human thought will do the same in turn.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-08-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Without a quantity, the answer you're looking for is, "FAR TOO F***ING OFTEN."

Norway's cops go a decade without killing ANYBODY. America's cops do it multiple times a day.

If nurses can restrain patients without using a chokehold, a cop should be able to.
    Police in my hometown in Germany killed a man last year who was attacking them with a hammer. It made national news, because police even drawing their guns in Germany is so rare. There was also an internal investigation into the killing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm not sure but it could be the same stuff that was in the news being used on US Diplomats at an embassy to cause brain damage. I think Cuba, but it was years ago and with new madness and atrocities happening so often it's hard to keep some things straight.
    I do believe it was Cuba. I don't know if there was ever any sort of resolution to that mess, or it was just swept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    After 2016 the only polls I care about is on Election night and hopefully Biden wins this one. But til that happens , I'll just wait and all. I don't wanna jinx it. Consider this a Kansas City Chiefs deal. People discussed how they seemed destined for the Super Bowl in playoffs. I however told them , no ...nothing is for certain. Hold off doing this.
    Agreed. It's WAY to early for popping champagne corks, or having Ms. Nicks warming up backstage. Too much time for things to go haywire, and for the GOP to throw a monkey wrench in the works.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Not putting assault rifles out there would justify defunding police departments of their militarized budgets, to be sure. Everything started to trend in the cops and public waving bigger and bigger weapons at each other... if there's an event to point to where things changed, it's probably the Norco shootout of 1980. The police were outgunned by the criminals, and argued since to always be ready to bring in bigger hardware.

Except now, they have friggin LRADs going onto the streets of Portland and Seattle. Sonic cannons that can cause permanent loss of hearing. For peaceful protesters.
    I thought it was the North Hollywood Shootout in 97 that changed things. It seems like that, everyday officers suddenly had access to AR-15s.

EDIT: Okay, I read about the Norco shootout, which I had never heard of (probably because it happened several months before I was born). It feels like the North Hollywood shooters took notes from the Norco shootout and, sadly, found ways to improve on what had been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Derek Chauvin, a.k.a., the villain of the piece is scheduled to make his first court appearance today:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/der...Rqi?li=BBnb7Kz

That appearance will be by video, but I doubt Chauvin will utter a peep as I suspect his lawyer will do all the talking. Meanwhile, I haven't heard anything about the Minneapolis PD union having come to the defense of Chauvin or the other three cops involved in the murder of George Floyd. If so, that's probably by design as the union knows they'd be backing the mother of all wrong horses after everything that's happened over the last couple of weeks.
    When has backing the wrong horse ever stopped a police union?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It was what they used against the Hulk in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    They were given them to wear by the Congressal Black caucus. They are kente clothes and are being used to show that all Dems are on the same page with this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LACaldwellDC
    That makes me feel better about it, but I still can't get that image out of my head.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 06-08-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Ultimate Member

That makes me feel better about it, but I still can't get that image out of my head.
    Not sure why it should be an issue -- I'd love to rock some traditional Chinese clothing while I led the nation.

Straight Kung Fu Theater.

Flanked by a squad of secret servicemen in military grade ninja armor.

But that never will happen when black presidents still get called out for wearing tan suits so it's your loss.

Edit: Obama has the patience to deal with playing political games and I don't.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-08-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Looking at this press conference with Pelosi and the Dems, with them all wearing African scarves... it's really reminding me of the SNL skit during the OJ trial where Johnny Cochran was denying playing the race card- and then the camera pans over to the defense table, where all of the white attorneys are wearing various African garb.
    I saw them wear that and was 100% sure it was the idea of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Of course, both MAGA twitter and Red Carnation twitter were OUTRAGED at the gesture, assuming it was the idea of Pelosi and Nadler. Which, of course, it wasn't, it was the CBC.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I do believe it was Cuba. I don't know if there was ever any sort of resolution to that mess, or it was just swept under the rug.
    I've found a few stories about it, several that say Sonics did it and one that says Fumigation. Your guess is as good as mine, but considering the US seems to think it was Sonics to use the same **** on protestors is outrageous!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/19/healt...udy/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/23/s...ts-health.html