View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 99 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 498995969798991001011021031091491995991099 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 16971
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Marvel should make some lgbt solo comic series like they're doing with their female solo books.
    They should do a DC and create a team book and title it Queers of Prey. :P
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Marvel should make some lgbt solo comic series like they're doing with their female solo books.
    I keep saying Northstar is primed and ready for a solo. He is a mutant character so the struggles he faces is already an allegory for homosexuality. He has both X-Men and Alpha Flight to use as supporting players. On top of the fact he is their first gay character with a long history. I have plenty of non-comic reading friends who know Northstar because he is the gay X-Man.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I keep saying Northstar is primed and ready for a solo. He is a mutant character so the struggles he faces is already an allegory for homosexuality. He has both X-Men and Alpha Flight to use as supporting players. On top of the fact he is their first gay character with a long history. I have plenty of non-comic reading friends who know Northstar because he is the gay X-Man.
    I agree.
    I feel that Northstar's personality and powerset and history is a perfect combination for a mini, if not ongoing, solo series. He just needs the writer combination of artist and writer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree.
    I feel that Northstar's personality and powerset and history is a perfect combination for a mini, if not ongoing, solo series. He just needs the writer combination of artist and writer.
    indeed, if marvel wants to attract more readers they might as well start with northstar and give him the perfect artist and writers for the job the same can go for wiccan and a wiccan/hulkling mini series. they also should create a new solo hero who is bisexual to explore his/her bisexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'd be 100% on board for a Northstar solo series. One part focus on his being a teacher at the JGS and what life skills he’s actually teaching the kids (A lot of “Yes, so the best thing the brothers Summers and Headmaster Logan could do for the mutant cause at this point would be to drop dead…” I'd imagine), and the other part lots of JP being entirely shameless and more than a little immoral, making no bones about his wealth, powers, and celebrity being tools for self-advancement and that of his personal agendas. Kyle (hella useful PR manager), Anole and Karma (financial clout) for main supporting cast. Because, seriously…with Xavier dead, Frost living in a cave in Canada, and Worthington having his personality overwritten, three of the most financially powerful and influential people on the X-Men roster are the queer characters who are lucky to get used as wallpaper most of the time. Give them the opportunity to flex some of that muscle.

Additionally, I'd love for his solo book to NOT revolve around his sister Aurora or exclusively tied to Alpha Flight.
    I'm not saying that they should be absent, but just not the primary driving force of his stories. Thas' all.

I'm less certain of a Northstar solo. I like Northstar, I really do. But is he solo material? I don't know.

As always, it would depend on a whole shitload of factors, including the writer, artist and concept. And even if they got all that right, truth be told, it'd probably still be a shock if it made it to a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm less certain of a Northstar solo. I like Northstar, I really do. But is he solo material? I don't know.

As always, it would depend on a whole shitload of factors, including the writer, artist and concept. And even if they got all that right, truth be told, it'd probably still be a shock if it made it to a year.
    You're not wrong.
    I mean, Storm's book isn't wowing the sales charts, as I understand it, and she's STORM.

BANNED

storm's bisexual in that book?

storm's bisexual in that book?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Not many non-Wolverine X-Men solos have lasted more than a year in the modern market anyway (and half of those coming to mind belonged to his kids). Marvel's aware of that, and only reason the solos get marketed as ongoings at all is because announcing something as a mini means sales are are guaranteed to be DOA. So yeah, probably wouldn't be around long, but I'd rather get 10 or 12 issues of spotlight on a LGBT character than nothing at all.

(Normally I'd add that there's always a chance that the book could find an audience outside of the traditional readership with the proper marketing, a la Ms Marvel, but since Brevoort's flat out said promoting the X-Men isn't a priority right now, I don't see that happening.)
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-11-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Yeah, I really don't think a Northstar solo would do all that well. Unless it gets saved by the old pink pound.
    I still maintain that a Wiccan/Hulkling ongoing or an Anole solo would do much better. They would also have gay fanbase backing, but there's much more to do with them and their personalities aren't quite as marmite as Northstar's arrogant attitude.
    Also, if you're a fan of seeing a gay character's sexuality be explored in the same way a single straight character gets handled, Anole would work much better than the married Northstar. Even though I personally think Anole belongs with Indra.

BTW did we ever find out what that Valentine drawing was all about with what looked like Northstar kissing Daken?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Yeah, I really don't think a Northstar solo would do all that well. Unless it gets saved by the old pink pound.
    I still maintain that a Wiccan/Hulkling ongoing or an Anole solo would do much better. They would also have gay fanbase backing, but there's much more to do with them and their personalities aren't quite as marmite as Northstar's arrogant attitude.
    Also, if you're a fan of seeing a gay character's sexuality be explored in the same way a single straight character gets handled, Anole would work much better than the married Northstar. Even though I personally think Anole belongs with Indra.

BTW did we ever find out what that Valentine drawing was all about with what looked like Northstar kissing Daken?
    I'd agree that Anole would be a good choice. My top choice would be Karma, but that's just because I love Karma. She'd probably sell even less than Northstar, since he at least has a combat-appropriate power. Still . . . why is no one using Karma?

But yeah, Anole seems like he'd be a good choice, a way of exploring what it means to be a gay teen. Another choice would be to just create a new LGBT solo character.

The kissing image was a fake cover from the Marvel 75th Anniversary comic. There were a bunch of fake covers all through. Some of them were actually really, really funny.

I think Miss America WILL have a solo any time soon. She has a very passionate fanbase, she's latina -so there you have a triple threat; queer woc- and her power for traveling various realities would make for some crazy stories that any writer would want. According to Gillen her name comes a lot in the Marvel retreats, I think that by next year she will have a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I think Miss America WILL have a solo any time soon. She has a very passionate fanbase, she's latina -so there you have a triple threat; queer woc- and her power for traveling various realities would make for some crazy stories that any writer would want. According to Gillen her name comes a lot in the Marvel retreats, I think that by next year she will have a solo.
    She'd be a great choice. She's a flying brick, so she have some brutal fight scenes. Her reality-hopping means she can land in some insane situations. And her attitude means she'd actively seek out insane situations and brutal fights.

I'd be totally down with a Miss America solo comic.