Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1811

Simply incredible movie. 11 years, and it earned every moment. Could've been even longer. I mean, I would've liked to see Bruce and Nat decide not to go forward with their romance and then maybe Bruce have a final talk with his inner Hulk before later becoming Professor Hulk, and we don't get a final scene between either Tony or Nat with Fury?

Great end moments for pretty much every main character, except Thor (the story of Thor and Asgard can't be over). They really were able to have their cake and eat it too, Tony gets a heart to heart with his father and raise his daughter for five years and still make a sacrifice. Cap learns how to live and not be a soldier always looking for his next war. Some of the secondary characters demand more. Was Rhodey ever court martialed? Did Wanda get pardoned?

Loved all the call backs, something like Civil War wasn't a great end to a Captain America trilogy (especially since they abandoned Sharon soon after), but this movie really did feel like everything came full circle. Tony's last epic "I am Iron Man", Cap finally getting sick of his own "I can do this all day", and "Avengers Assemble."

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    2. Are the Sokovia Accords effectively cancelled now? We see Ross at the end which suggests he’s gotten over issues with Cap and his pals.
    What would be the point of repealing them, though? Out of respect for Cap? They might still be needed in this new world. Fury will be in Spider-Man Homecoming, maybe we'll learn more about what SHIELD is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think my only...”issue” was Thanos, actually. We watched him all the way through Infinity War, only for that version to be killed quickly. The past version of Thanos had no emotional connection to The Avengers, and they didn’t with him either, really.

A part of me wishes it was “current” Thanos. Similar things could happen with him changing his mind and wanting to wipe EVERYTHING out, just this time I would have felt more of a connection.
    That Thanos basically got up to speed with everything he has (will have?) done by watching Nebula's memories, so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In exchange for the Soul Stone: chuck your last pack of Hostess Twinkies or Fruit Pies down the cliff.
    Don't do that! Thanos will just hop in the Thanoscopter and fly down after them.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    No mid/post credit scene that was a straight dedication to Stan Lee. What a huge miss. This was the closing of a huge 10 year act. The big finale. They already mentioned it was Stan's last cameo, and it was among his shortest as well. They really should have had a dedication to him. I was really bummed they didn't. Ideal they could have done a mid shoutout to Kirby and a post to Stan ... but really ... I was genuinely bummed that a movie dripping in fans service couldn't contain a thank you.
    Into the Spider-Verse (the first movie after Stan's death) had a great quote and dedication at the end. And then Captain Marvel had an all Stan Lee Marvel Studios logo. Maybe they could've saved that logo for Endgame, but I feel like after those two, there's not a lot more they could do in the third Marvel-related movie after Stan passed away (and it's not like they could've done more to the cameo without him around).

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    So, I guess Dr. Strange can open portals between interstellar distances. I thought it might just be restricted to Earth. Interesting, because Infinity War he asked Tony if he could pilot the ship back. Maybe he has to be on a planet.
    When did he open interstellar portals? I thought everyone that came thru those portals were already on Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    When did he open interstellar portals? I thought everyone that came thru those portals were already on Earth?
    Dr. Strange, Drax, Starlord, and Mantis came back through a portal on Titan. That is where they were snapped into dust.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Dr. Strange, Drax, Starlord, and Mantis came back through a portal on Titan. That is where they were snapped into dust.
    True. Was that what Peter was yapping about? Hmm I'm guilty of tuning out Spider-Man (it's the voice)
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-30-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Watching a video about Easter eggs in Endgame and it was talking about the Namor one with the underwater earthquakes( was there a monitor that showed it's where Atlantis is suppose to be?). But the video also claimed that the director of Dr Strange 2 posted a picture of Strange and Namor together before quickly deleting it and the rumor was Namor was gonna make his appearance in Strange 2. Iono if I buy that the two characters have been on teams together and have a long history but iono how Namor fits into what Strange got going on in his movies. We still got Dormammu and Mordo to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    This is why I said that since time travel and alternate timelines don't make sense to begin with, don't spend screen time trying to debunk another movie's nonsensical time travel theories (i.e. Back to the Future) just to postulate your own nonsensical time travel theories.

Just explain how time travel works within the MCU without confusing things further by contrasting it to Back to the Future.
    That was done for the audience and for their time travel theory to work the audience need to forget about what they were taught in most other time travel movies. Most popular movies have when you change the past it affects that timeline present you have completely forget that for Endgame to work and this thread is example because they are still those type of questions in it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So after seeing this, Wanda and Carol are the most powerful MCU heroes it would seem. They both were able to overpower Thanos, and he showed fear to both of them.

The only one who seems to come close to them is Dr. Strange right now.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

There are some vague statements coming from the Russo’s now. I wonder if some of this is based on the style of questioning.

According to their Entertainment Weekly article they suggest Time Steve would have to be in an alternative timeline, and yet when questioned about how Steve would have got back to the main timeline they deflect and leave it up to others to work out how Steve and Bucky might have somehow communicated.

Personally I think they are better directors than they are script analysts.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-01-2019 at 03:00 AM.

I'm just not hung up on "time travel plotholes". Too nitpicky. I guess now you have folks saying the MCU films are ruined for all time now because of this.
    The film works for me regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm just not hung up on "time travel plotholes". Too nitpicky. I guess now you have folks saying the MCU films are ruined for all time now because of this.
    The film works for me regardless.
    Most people who saw the movie dont even dig in enough to realzise they're are time travel plot holes. They just enjoy what they are given and take it at face value. We comic nerds are always gonna over analyze stuff and that's fine too. I have some head scratchers from this movie but still might be my favorite cbm.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Watching a video about Easter eggs in Endgame and it was talking about the Namor one with the underwater earthquakes( was there a monitor that showed it's where Atlantis is suppose to be?). But the video also claimed that the director of Dr Strange 2 posted a picture of Strange and Namor together before quickly deleting it and the rumor was Namor was gonna make his appearance in Strange 2. Iono if I buy that the two characters have been on teams together and have a long history but iono how Namor fits into what Strange got going on in his movies. We still got Dormammu and Mordo to deal with.
    I see this as fanboys looking for every possible easter egg and building up something that isn't htere

Underwater earthquakes happen all the time lol

Do people think Namor was throwing a tempertantrum or something underwater?

Even okoye responded back with, "errrr... it's a tetonic plate, we don't do anytihng, chill widow yeesh" type of thing.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I see this as fanboys looking for every possible easter egg and building up something that isn't htere

Underwater earthquakes happen all the time lol

Do people think Namor was throwing a tempertantrum or something underwater?

Even okoye responded back with, "errrr... it's a tetonic plate, we don't do anytihng, chill widow yeesh" type of thing.
    That how I took it but people are so sure it's a thing that I assumed maybe on a monitor the earthquake was happening WHERE Ironman 2 established Atlantis to be or something more then jsut a natural event that happens from time to time. And depending on the writer Namors temper could cause Earth quakes though lol. I've seen him hold an entire island up in one book but then have Luke Cage hold his own against him in a fist fight.......under water.... lol yea if its just underwater earthquakes and no other details people are reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That how I took it but people are so sure it's a thing that I assumed maybe on a monitor the earthquake was happening WHERE Ironman 2 established Atlantis to be or something more then jsut a natural event that happens from time to time. And depending on the writer Namors temper could cause Earth quakes though lol. I've seen him hold an entire island up in one book but then have Luke Cage hold his own against him in a fist fight.......under water.... lol yea if its just underwater earthquakes and no other details people are reaching.
    That's why she was like yeah, we don't do anything, as in, we leave him alone unless he starts messing with the land. No need to start a huge war.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    That's why she was like yeah, we don't do anything, as in, we leave him alone unless he starts messing with the land. No need to start a huge war.
    No it was as in "earthquakes happen all the time, chill lady" She liteerally stated the reason to leav eit alone lol

Y'all are wild with the theorie though lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by russos
    "To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world.

"Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still cano

Quote Originally Posted by russos
    "Yes, those people that were lucky to survive the snap are 5 years older than the people who just got back. The reason Spider Man saw his friend again in high school at the end was simply because his friends were unfortunately also dusted like Spider Man was. Of course, there are people in his grade who didn't die and they are probably already in colleges by now.

"To those dusted people, they had no conscious in these past 5 years. They didn't know what happened. It's as if they had just woke up from a long sleep. The only one who was aware about how many years has passed was Doctor Strange, because he has already seen that when he was time mediating on Titan. Parker's reunion with Ned was a touching moment. There are also people whom indeed moved on but suddenly was reunited with their lost ones. Yeah it's kind a complicated world now."
    Kinda wraps that up