Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

This didn't give me much confidence and after what happened to classic Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock 11, I feel completely soured on Bendis' Legion.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Good to know, after Doomsday Clock #11, that this new Legion is really new and has no ties to Superman now! I can officially take it off my pull list before it began!

L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶h̶e̶r̶o̶s̶ ̶#̶1̶

Out of principal, I think I'm gonna stop buying anything Bendis is writing or will write. I cannot stand him anymore. After X-Men, it was stupid of me to even give him a chance on anything.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-04-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Fantastic Member

^I’ve seen many pretentious post on this forum but that takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    ^I’ve seen many pretentious post on this forum but that takes the cake.
    I prefer petty, not pretentious. Thank you very much. I spend my money, I'm free to bitch how I like. Feel free to defend the publishers who do wrong. Maybe they'll send you a plastic Legion ring.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I prefer petty, not pretentious. Thank you very much.
    How about petty and pretentious?

I'll take both. You can take a mediocre story for $4.99!

What is pretentious about that?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

On a different topic, Morrison just introduced the "Golden Lantern" who is the Guardian of the Lost Multiversal Grail or something... might it be a hint about the Legion's Gold Lantern? I guess we'll see...

Man after DDC #11 I’m just feeling super depressed, they really did Irma and the LOSH dirty. It’s not helping that I don’t have much faith in Bendis’ ability to juggle a team as large as the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man after DDC #11 I’m just feeling super depressed, they really did Irma and the LOSH dirty. It’s not helping that I don’t have much faith in Bendis’ ability to juggle a team as large as the Legion.
    His best work was always street-level heroes at Marvel. When he did large teams you could see just how vapid his storytelling was.

Amazing Member

Welp, all excitement dead. Looks like the aging up of Jonathan is sticking and they just poofed Saturn Girl away. God I hate Bendis so much.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
    Welp, all excitement dead. Looks like the aging up of Jonathan is sticking and they just poofed Saturn Girl away. God I hate Bendis so much.
    Saturn Girl is still around. Jon being aged is not that bad, he's still being written the same. I'm not trying to tell you how to react to things, but maybe just see where the story goes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    On a different topic, Morrison just introduced the "Golden Lantern" who is the Guardian of the Lost Multiversal Grail or something... might it be a hint about the Legion's Gold Lantern? I guess we'll see...
    Well it sounds like that's the Cosmic Grail mentioned in Multiversity, so that's cool. Glad he's getting back to that. The Multiversity story implied it's some kind of Lantern already and a presumably very powerful one that I think was constantly moving through realities.

Astonishing Member

So I'll be heading to my shop in a few hours. Does Millennium warrant a read?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So I'll be heading to my shop in a few hours. Does Millennium warrant a read?
    if you are curious about the Thorn/Rose and how she becomes a legion member sure and also like good art and cameos of future heroes, sure. Besides that, it's not necessary.