Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Could This Be an Early Look at What Happens in Wonder Woman in DC's "5G"?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-wonder-woman/

Okay, so we told you that our former speculation regarding a possible 5G Wonder Woman to go alongside was off the mark. We’ve managed to establish with actual sources that DC comics has icon replacements planned with Luke Fox as Batman, Jonathan Kent as Superman, a child of Captain Boomerang as the Flash, and either Teen Lantern or the Far Sector lead as Green Lantern, and it’s known as 5G, the fifth generation of the DC Comics Timeline. Possibly Francis Manapul on Aquaman. But speculation that the recent Wonder Woman Annual may have set up Helen Paul as an upcoming Wonder Woman doesn’t seem to be the case.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

This is a reach. BC's other suggestions on replacements had sources. This is just guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    This is a reach. BC's other suggestions on replacements had sources. This is just guess work.
    I'm wondering if this is why we just got a whole run by GWW on Maggie.

Or if that's where Naomi is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm wondering if this is why we just got a whole run by GWW on Maggie.

Or if that's where Naomi is headed.
    Don't care much for Maggie but she's much more likely than Naomi, who has no ties to the WW mythos. My hope is that's it's some other woman who's either an Amazon or at least a demigod

I certainly would not want Wonder Woman replaced by a man, even if that man is queer. The implications of that are, for me, misogynistic.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Hopefully it’s Nubia. But why would diana need a replacement if she’s immortal?

Because Dan wants to replace all the heroes. So Diana has to die. Diana has died before

I'm not so sure the heroes are going to die.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I certainly would not want Wonder Woman replaced by a man, even if that man is queer. The implications of that are, for me, misogynistic.
    Are you sure Elysian is male and not a muscular woman with a small bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Nope. I'm not sure. But if he is indeed a he, I find it problematic.

Partly because some insiders have already shared that DC has been attempting to add more men to Wonder Woman's universe in order to, I guess, attract a particular kind of male reader?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...-woman-origin/
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 11-12-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Incredible Member

I like the Elysian character design. I wish Wonder Woman's costume had similar elements (especially the fully covered / protected torso).

I'm also happy to see more queer male (?) characters in the comic books, especially if they're part of the Wonder Family.

But ... I'm not sure about Elysian as the 5G "Wonder Woman". I'm not entirely opposed to it, but unless the 5G Flash, Green Lantern and Aqua(wo/man) are all female characters, it seems like an odd decision. And I'm not entirely sure about the new Trinity being all male. Still, wait and see I guess.

Given Elysian's costume design, there seems to be a slightly stronger connection to Donna Troy than Wonder Woman herself, so perhaps he is Donna's son? That's something of a shame since Diana and Donna barely share a bond any more, which makes Elysian's connection to Diana even weaker. Or maybe he's Nubia's son?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    That looks like a guy to me, and much more Donna Troy than Wonder Woman.

Also if you read the comments under the twitter post Steve Orlando seems to hint that all this is true with a blushing smiley emoji.

elysian-luciano-vecchio-001-1.jpg

I personally have no interest in this event, but I think it's pretty cool the character "replacing" Diana (however temporary it may be) is gender nonbinary. Plus, Elysian is a pretty cool name.

Whatever the true plans are, I'm sure it will be terrible just like the rest of 5G will be.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El