Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    "All Ages" doesn't necessarily mean "Just for kids." The New Crusaders was really a PG-rated book, as it did have violent content (by issue #6 it had a fairly high body count). What the book didn't have was a lot of graphic language or sensuality.
    and yet it got dumped even though a second mini was already announced and was being wrote by the same writer as the first.....they wasted introducing these new characters just to erase them from existence

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    and yet it got dumped even though a second mini was already announced and was being wrote by the same writer as the first.....
    Which only says that the company had a change in plans for the title.
    they wasted introducing these new characters just to erase them from existence
    It's not like they are the first and only publisher to ever do so. But "wasted" I think only applies if one wasn't happy with their initial 6-issue series.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

BANNED

Here's hoping there is room for the New Crusaders in this dark line, because we were promised with a sequel to the first story, right ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Here's hoping there is room for the New Crusaders in this dark line, because we were promised with a sequel to the first story, right ?
    yeah we were and one of the characters freaking died during the first story....yet it seems we're just going back in time to relieve the mighty crusaders and forget about the legacy aspect of new crusaders

Hmm...

"These are not superhero comics for kids, nor are we trying to make everything-for-everyone comics. These books are on par, content-wise, with anything Image, DC or Marvel are putting out — hopefully better," Segura says.
    10char

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

They are pulling a Dark Horse and bringing back their heroes. I say more power to them. I will for sure be checking them out.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I tried to follow the Red Circle relaunch, but got lost a bit. Is there a definitive list somewhere of what it contained? I recall the New Crusaders, but wasn't there also a web-only series of some sort? Was that ever put into print?

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

So is this going to be some silly "digital only" thing or is Dark Circle really wanting to build a brand and have a product here? I've read some of the classic comics from back in the day, and may still have a few, and I'd be willing to check out this line of books if they're going to really put forth the effort and publish these characters with some passion and awesome creative teams. But if it's going to be just a bunch of no-name creators than this will fail, and fail fast. Time shall tell.....

Disappointing news.
    I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Red Circle would have done a whole lot better if Archie maintained a presence for it.

The long wait between New Crusaders and Fox... and then from there to here... Does nothing but loses reader interest. Especially when new DC, Marvel, Image, Valiant, Dynamite and Dark Horse comics are constantly getting hyped.

I liked that when New Crusaders started, they not only were going against trend by having a non-dark, all-ages comic but also by acknowledging the past stories by having it in the same continuity as their '80s line. Both were very commendable moves.

I wish them luck with it.
    However, it's just another sign that comics have lost their innocence, fun and sense of wonder.

I'll be so glad when the grimdark phase of comics is over.
    On the bright side, if the fad supersaturates the market with dark, hopeless titles, we'll eventually see it become yesterday's news. Then we can have fun comics again.

And...
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They are pulling a Dark Horse and bringing back their heroes. I say more power to them. I will for sure be checking them out.
    One could say that they already just did that. Did you check out New Crusaders and Fox?
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-11-2014 at 09:44 AM.

The more I read about this the more excited I'm getting to see these books hit. I truly believe that if they promote these books heavily and do some big interviews with the big comic sites and couple that with a good price tag then this could be successful, they just need to make these characters a presence in the media to lure in readers.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    One could say that they already just did that. Did you check out New Crusaders and Fox?
    Nope, but based on this interview they are starting over so you won't have to read those right?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

@PowerTorch: Anything that came before will have no impact on the Dark Circle books and they seem to be starting over fresh, which is good in my opinion.

DC had these Red Circle characters before new25 and tried to launch them as dark and mature and all that stuff and it floped, I don't really see whats going to be different this time.

That was years ago, plus DC wasn't going to put all of its effort into building these characters they were leasing when they have their own characters to build. While I don't see Dark Circle being a smash success I don't see why they can't find their niche and do well for themselves.

Amazing Member

I find it interesting (and almost certainly coincidental) that they're calling this Dark Circle. As a few people have touched on already, DC Comics did lease the characters a while back.

I'm still not entirely sure on why DC did that...