Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because of Iron Fist. that gimmick of releasing comics with charactera from tv and movies
    But ... Iron Fist? Did anyone actually watch that? They just cancelled it because of how poorly it did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

The actual ****...

Why? WHY? WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!
    I was going to say the same thing about this preview.

Of all the characters that could get a LS...why

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    As someone who knows nothing aboit this character:

1) TK + pyrokinesis. And red hair. So.... Phoenix-lite basically?

2) based solely on the intro page, the character seems more like a victim of some experimental psychiatric treatment and real mental disease, not a villain. Hopefully the book does a good job of separating her from that, otherwise it seems kinda offensive to people with mental illness.(again I have no context here aboit her backstory, just the intro page) to be some demonized bad guy.
    Sounds like your first encounter with Typhoid Mary.

My first book with her was Spider-Man. She has multiple personalities and the powers are supposed to vary with personality. In that book, "Bloody Mary" was taking over and killing men who were committing domestic abuse. Most people know her from Daredevil where she's an assassin with psychic powers... or something. I haven't read those yet.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Was Typhoid Mary always this wacko? Or did Marvel take a glance over at Harley/Enchantress and went "huh, we can do that"?
    Typhoid Mary was created way earlier than Harley and yes, she was always this wacko. Sooo --respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That art is...not...aesthetically pleasing to me.
    Me either, cartoon style doesn't fit well in Typhoid IMHO: it weakens her expressive capacity instead of boost it. Also, it's a major fail that the colorist has not painted half of Typhoid's face in white, despite the artist has correctly traced a line across it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeesh, anyone got a link to a bigger version? I can't read this at all. :-P
    I've ruined my eyes, too X/ . Thanks anyway, Juan678.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why in the name of JLo's fat booty is there a book where it takes more than one panel for Iceman, Jean Grey, Storm and Bishop to beat the crap out of Typhoid Bloody Mary?
    Well --I feel a deep guilty pleasure because of that *evil laugh* Mary rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    As someone who knows nothing aboit this character:

1) TK + pyrokinesis. And red hair. So.... Phoenix-lite basically?

2) based solely on the intro page, the character seems more like a victim of some experimental psychiatric treatment and real mental disease, not a villain. Hopefully the book does a good job of separating her from that, otherwise it seems kinda offensive to people with mental illness.(again I have no context here aboit her backstory, just the intro page) to be some demonized bad guy.
    1) Eh, more like supposed to be a Stephen King thing, with Carrie's TK and Charlie McGee's pyrokinesis.

2) She suffers from disassociated personality disorder, with Mary being her normal self, Typhoid being a hyper-protective mutant, Bloody Mary being a man killing psychopath, and Walker who struggles to control the other three.
    Yeah, this is sort of the right answer.

1) Mary's tragedy is much more unromantic and common than Jean's. Less superheroic, more caustic, as most of Ann Nocenti's creations.

2) Indeed, she's an antiheroine over a villain. She's basically a victim of the system, it's the system which created both Mary and Typhoid, while Bloody and especially Walker are more kind of self empowered persons. I highly suggest 'Marvel Comics Presents' #150-151 (1994) and 'Typhoid' #1-4 (1995-96) as the best stories about her.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This looks like a lot of fun. Typhoid Mary isn't a big-name character and doesn't have a lot of close ties to the X-men, but she brings something quirky to the table. That could certainly make this issue fun. Plus, it gives the X-men a chance to team up for reasons other than pending extinction.
    Totally agree, especially the bold. I'm aching for this kind of plots and situations.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 11-02-2018 at 09:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    But ... Iron Fist? Did anyone actually watch that? They just cancelled it because of how poorly it did.
    I watched 5min of it and was bored and turned it off and started watching Shrek........

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Actually being able to read it makes it much clearer that there's some plot-related reason WHY she hasn't been stomped already.

I watched 2 episodes...then I started daredevil season 3.

maybe Marvel should just release a compilation of old bloody mary comics

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sounds like your first encounter with Typhoid Mary.

My first book with her was Spider-Man. She has multiple personalities and the powers are supposed to vary with personality. In that book, "Bloody Mary" was taking over and killing men who were committing domestic abuse. Most people know her from Daredevil where she's an assassin with psychic powers... or something. I haven't read those yet.
    She also appeared in "Avengers: The Initiative" as "Mutant X." Disguised in a suit of armor and receiving treatment for her mental issues. She later joined that "Sisterhood of Evil Mutants" or whatever if I remember correctly in Brian Wood's volume 2 of X-Men.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 11-02-2018 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Trinlking1234 correction on title, autocorrect changed Wood to Wolf
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

*Avengers Initiative.

I remember her from Wood's X-Men too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    She also appeared in "Avengers Academy" as "Mutant X." Disguised in a suit of armor and receiving treatment for her mental issues.
    I remember that. Everyone secretly hoped it was Jean but was a * Sad Trumpet* moment when her identity was revealed

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It was cancelled more likely because Disney is starting their own steaming service and beginning to pull all their content from Netflix. Luke Cage also got cancelled and did so much better than any of the IF's.

But I loved what they did with Mary in this season, even though she didn't have powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Typhoid Mary was created way earlier than Harley and yes, she was always this wacko. Sooo --respect!
    But considering her creator was Queen Ann, I have trouble believing her "craziness" was as one-dimensional as depicted here.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    But considering her creator was Queen Ann, I have trouble believing her "craziness" was as one-dimensional as depicted here.
    Exactly. This Typhoid Mary is, at least for the moment, a poor caricature of the real one(s).

Astonishing Member

Probably not for me, but for some reason I find the flaming pigeons amusing. #weaponize the pigeons