Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bill Maher tells comic fans, Toy collectors, and game players to "Grow Up!"

"grow up! also if you like comics "grow up!" "comics are for kids that's why sell them next to the pokemen cards" "if you collect toys you need to get on your power wheels" "comics book movies are all the same"

Attacks comics, toy collectors, mcu and dc movies and game players at once!

He just keeps going. Tears comics and fans apart. If you read any comic or like any comic movies you are a dork who acts like a child. Someone needs to tell this dork that adults read comics in Europe and japan just as much as books and most comics are aimed at adults today!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bi...cid=spartandhp

Honestly, who cares what he says or thinks? Just one more idiot in the world.

Bill Mahers just a Salt Monger looking for attention since he's utterly irrelevant in the modern world

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

He's been so fixated on this subject recently that I wonder if he's a closeted geek with self-acceptance issues.

Yon William doth protest too much.

Buried Alien ( The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

“Can we stop pretending like the writing in comic books is so good? Oh please, every superhero movie is the same thing: a person who doesn’t have powers gets them, has to figure out how they work, and then has to find a glowy thing.”

Ha! He does have a point there.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

I stopped on Maher when he went on Islamophobic rants multiple times. Over the past few years, I've seen when he hit the news wire for feeling like he somehow should be exempted from judgment when he used the n-word.

So... he's already been an ***hole. His reaction to Stan Lee's death, and now attacking comic book fans for daring to question him...

Well, he seems to believe he's above reproach.

Spoiler Alert: He's not. And he can f*** right off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Flint, Michigan is still without drinkable water.
    Puerto Rico is still struggling to recover from Hurricane Maria.
    Our ecosystem is threatened by global climate change.

"People who read comics and go to movies need to grow up!"
    Is that really the hill you want to die on on Bill?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    “Can we stop pretending like the writing in comic books is so good? Oh please, every superhero movie is the same thing: a person who doesn’t have powers gets them, has to figure out how they work, and then has to find a glowy thing.”

Ha! He does have a point there.
    Yeah, that was cute. The rest is from a guy who doesn't know anything about graphic fiction except what he read as a kid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Flint, Michigan is still without drinkable water.
    Puerto Rico is still struggling to recover from Hurricane Maria.
    Our ecosystem is threatened by global climate change.

"People who read comics and go to movies need to grow up!"
    Is that really the hill you want to die on on Bill?
    Most of the show was about Trump. This was one little segment. And he has had Michael Moore on probably more than any other show.

Look, he's a comedian with a pretty good show about politics. He is not a spokesman for Democrats or liberals or anybody.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

He’s a douche. Period.

Niffleheim

Lmao the whole segment even though I agree with Maher it's never going to stop me from indulging in my hobbies.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis

I watch Bill for the guests he has on and the panel discussion. I used to like him a lot, when I was younger, but the older I get, the more I realize what a bitter, smarmy, fake he is. He rides on a wave of 'liberal' goodwill because he mocks those in power, but he also punches down...a LOT. He likes 'making fun of everyone' and thinks that should shield him from criticism when he verbally assaults marginalized people. He is a pretty poor example of an 'adult' when it comes down to it, and has no room to tell anyone else to grow up until he stops acting like that skinny, funny kid in grade school who avoided the bullies by becoming one, himself...

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis
    Still more evidence that we need a Like button.

Bill Maher is about ratings- period. His understanding of this subject is like his understanding of all other subjects he addresses- superficial.
    Power with Girl is better.