Page 80 of 285 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Seems that someone in DC is JasonxBarbara supporter..

Attachment 80391
    I think it may be Jason Bard they are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Bah! The only Jason worth mentioning in Gotham is Todd. Jason Todd.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Doubt it, is Johns writing it and it would be very unusual to have a non Batfamily member in an issue that it's all about bats.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Also, Hush is the next animated film

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...oice-cast-news

I wonder if they'll keep Jason role.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Based on how her recent solo has made it clear how she feels about killers, I’m not sure how you could even make a babs & Jason romance work

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I hope so too.

Jason/Babs is on the same creepiness level as Bruce/Babs, just the other way around. Wasn't Barbara originally roughly ten years older than Jason?
    Nevermind that Barbara has dated Dick in the past. And therefore Barbara dating one of the other Robins should be a big no-no.
    Jason deserves some romance outside of the batfamily - and definitely outside of Dick's club of ex-girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I hope so too.

Jason/Babs is on the same creepiness level as Bruce/Babs, just the other way around. Wasn't Barbara originally roughly ten years older than Jason?
    Nevermind that Barbara has dated Dick in the past. And therefore Barbara dating one of the other Robins should be a big no-no.
    Jason deserves some romance outside of the batfamily - and definitely outside of Dick's club of ex-girlfriends.
    Maybe pre-crisis. But in New52/Rebirth, Babs seems to be the same age as Dick, and Jason has already been shown as a legal adult. What the actual age gap is right now, I don't know. Besides which, the Arkham games had Babs and Tim as a couple. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal
    Based on how her recent solo has made it clear how she feels about killers, I’m not sure how you could even make a babs & Jason romance work
    Somehow, I doubt Jim Gordon has never killed anyone in the line of duty. Same for Jason Bard. Especially in a city like Gotham. And in New52, there were some hints about it, here and there.

Not saying I'm for the ship or anything, but its not like there's a lack of precedence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Wasn't Barbara originally roughly ten years older than Jason?
    Pre crisis roughly 14, post crisis 9 or 10.
    Preflashpoint, the Batgirl around Jason's age (and the only one who never dated one of his brothers) was Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason has already been shown as a legal adult.
    That would make him at least 5 years older than Tim, which doesn't really make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Preflashpoint, the Batgirl around Jason's age (and the only one who never dated one of his brothers) was Cass.

That would make him at least 5 years older than Tim, which doesn't really make much sense.
    18 is legal age of adulthood in the US. And Tim, in Young Justice at least, is supposed to be 16. So, not that far-fetched.

Jason bard?

Extraordinary Member

18 is legal age of adulthood in the US. And Tim, in Young Justice at least, is supposed to be 16. So, not that far-fetched.
    Several comics implied imo that Jason is old enough to drink alcohol legally, which would afaik imply that he is at least 21.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe pre-crisis. But in New52/Rebirth, Babs seems to be the same age as Dick, and Jason has already been shown as a legal adult. What the actual age gap is right now, I don't know. Besides which, the Arkham games had Babs and Tim as a couple. Let that sink in.

Somehow, I doubt Jim Gordon has never killed anyone in the line of duty. Same for Jason Bard. Especially in a city like Gotham. And in New52, there were some hints about it, here and there.

Not saying I'm for the ship or anything, but its not like there's a lack of precedence.
    I’m aware of the new 52 stuff, just saying that what she said in her Rebirth solo makes it more difficult to make it work

Several comics implied imo that Jason is old enough to drink alcohol legally, which would afaik imply that he is at least 21.
    "Legally" for Jason? Eh, I don't know. Legally, until this latest arc, Jason was legally dead. Heavily implying he used faked IDs to go into said bars. Not to mention, trying to get Tim into them.

If I recall correctly, Arkham Tim is the same age as Jason.

Anyways, in my case, I don't have a problem with shipping two characters with a relatively long age gap. Not if both are mature enough, mature adults, which would be the case here now, in current in-universe time, I think (with Jason being 20-ish and Babs a few years older). It would be another story if one of them were a minor or childish and naive. But to be honest, in this particular case, I don't like the idea because, once again, Jason doesn't and hasn't liked Barbara that way: she's his older sister-like figure, not a love interest. And again, really, another character from Dick's circle of friends? Not nice, eh.

In any case, it's just a short side story. Maybe if they sell me the idea well enough, I would buy it. But at this point, meh, whatever.

Edit: current age for Tim doesn't make sense at all. Just ignore it and treat him like he's at least 18 (I should be studying French, but here I am).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-27-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Fantastic Member

Tim being 16 at the start of the new 52, during Batman and Robin Eternal, at the start of Rebirth, and currently in Young Justice doesn't make sense. Don't try to figure out anyone's age in relation Tim. That way lies madness.

Go by this: Zero Year has Jason trying to tell Talia he's 15, and she pegs him at 12, which was the age he was when his mom died (you'll recall she was alive in that issue). In universe, five (10?) years passed between zero year and the start of Red Hood and the Outlaws in the new 52. One of the joys of having a single writer for most of the series means continuity holds true. Now use Damian to figure out time: he was almost 11 when he died, was dead almost a whole year on page, spent a confirmed year globetrotting with Maya, and was twelve when he met Jon, is now approaching 14. So Jason was 17/18 when hanging with Kori and Roy and playing in magic pools of water with Ra's around Damian's death. 18/19 during Eternal and the family road trip to see Darkseid. 19/20 while rocking it with Roy. 20/21 during Robin War and the second Eternal, 21/22 at the start of Rebirth. A year plus has passed on page in Rebirth, including a complete school year and some so he's now 23/24.

Easy peasy. For the record Tim was 11 on page in Zero Year and has been 16 ever since. No explanation given despite his regular reporting his age is 16 and everyone else aging around him. Just accept that he's 16. Now and forever. In a few years, Damian will be older than him, which will be great as one of the subtle running jokes throughout Rebirth is people being confused by the fact that Damian ages like a normal person and yet Tim, Bruce, and the rogues including Selina are incapable of aging despite the regular occurrences of birthdays and Christmases.*

*Some people, actually most people, get a hella lot more interesting as they get older. It's why DC writers apparently keep pitching teenage and adult Damian stories, and why we got a glimpse of 30 something Jason in Mother Panic. There are characters that are stagnant, and then there are characters we get a Disney montage of them growing up to adults and we roll right into their meaningful adventures and misadventures. Jason got the Disney montage. Having just reread No Man's Land #0 (the true secret origin of Batcow) where Talia went all Mu Shu on Bruce, I'm pretty sure Jason is a Disney Princess.

...He's Belle. With a dash of Mulan and Aladdin, but mostly Belle. Rereading all the pre 9/11 Talia appearances just confirms that she's not sure what Disney movie she's a side character in, but she knows she's one of them and lobbying to be Mu Shu instead of one of the fairies. And that Belle was her favorite princess because she likes books, hence Jason being her favorite Robin.