Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold View Post
    Thank you for letting me know about this!!! MOTU was my favorite toy line & cartoon growing up in the 80's, so this sounds fun. I'll be ordering it asap. White Trees #1 & Invaders #8 came in the mail today so I'll be reading those tonight.
    You're welcome! White Trees... man oh man. It is NOT for kids, heads up. "Kaptara" only got one volume but I really hope he revisits it sometime. Mark Millar also did "Reborn", in which it turns out when you die on Earth you go to... Eternia. If you're a good person you get to be a She Ra or Man At Arms or Ram Man. If you were a bad person you might be Skunkor. Super crazy fun. Only one volume so far too. (I mean they never SAY it's Eternia in either book but... it's Eternia. I'm sure you knew that but just throwing it in there just in case).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    You're welcome! White Trees... man oh man. It is NOT for kids, heads up. "Kaptara" only got one volume but I really hope he revisits it sometime. Mark Millar also did "Reborn", in which it turns out when you die on Earth you go to... Eternia. If you're a good person you get to be a She Ra or Man At Arms or Ram Man. If you were a bad person you might be Skunkor. Super crazy fun. Only one volume so far too. (I mean they never SAY it's Eternia in either book but... it's Eternia. I'm sure you knew that but just throwing it in there just in case).
    I read The White Trees last night. I really liked it, but yeah...def not for kids or homophobes. Too bad it's only 2 issues. I read Reborn when it 1st came out and enjoyed it too. You're right, it was like a "spiritual cousin" to the motu/She-Ra universe. I hope we get a follow up someday.

Mighty Member

I read The White Trees last night. I really liked it, but yeah...def not for kids or homophobes. Too bad it's only 2 issues. I read Reborn when it 1st came out and enjoyed it too. You're right, it was like a "spiritual cousin" to the motu/She-Ra universe. I hope we get a follow up someday.
    It's a shame White Trees is only two issues... but he could always revisit it. The first issue seems to have good sell through from what I'm seeing.

I liked a lot of recent Millar stuff (Reborn, Empress, Huck, Magic Order, Prodigy) but he tends to not follow up on the first volume recently. It's tough to get invested when you know a second volume isn't forthcoming. If he wrote them as single volumes it would be one thing but he leaves the story open ended oftentimes.

Looking forward to what you think of Kaptara!
    With Life Story ending that opens up a spot in Chip's writing duties... maybe he'll go back to Kaptara. I'd also like him to do a Daredevil mini since I like his current DD run so much.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    It's a shame White Trees is only two issues... but he could always revisit it. The first issue seems to have good sell through from what I'm seeing.

I liked a lot of recent Millar stuff (Reborn, Empress, Huck, Magic Order, Prodigy) but he tends to not follow up on the first volume recently. It's tough to get invested when you know a second volume isn't forthcoming. If he wrote them as single volumes it would be one thing but he leaves the story open ended oftentimes.

Looking forward to what you think of Kaptara!
    With Life Story ending that opens up a spot in Chip's writing duties... maybe he'll go back to Kaptara. I'd also like him to do a Daredevil mini since I like his current DD run so much.
    I'm pleased to hear that Millar has a follow-up to Chrononauts coming soon, so maybe there's hope for another Empress, Magic Order, Huck, etc...

I should have Kaptara by the end of the week or early next week. I'm looking forward to it!

There was talk of there being more "Life Stories" for other characters, so perhaps we can get "Daredevil: Life Story" from Chip?

Mighty Member

I'm pleased to hear that Millar has a follow-up to Chrononauts coming soon, so maybe there's hope for another Empress, Magic Order, Huck, etc...

I should have Kaptara by the end of the week or early next week. I'm looking forward to it!

There was talk of there being more "Life Stories" for other characters, so perhaps we can get "Daredevil: Life Story" from Chip?
    Yeah a Chip "Life Story" for DD makes sense and sounds great! DD has so many classic moments and high profile creator runs to cover, it's really fertile ground for a Life Story treatment.