Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I have logged an official complaint with Guy1, Watcher and the Pentagon.
    Got your complaint.

+1
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Got your complaint.

+1
    +1

Mwahaha

I hate you all.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I hate you all.

x25%
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Hey, Captain Morgan! Clean out your PM folder. It's full and I can't respond.

The kids are amazing to answer your question. They are made of rubber - stuff just bounces off. It was freaky/tricky early on, but we have all stabalized since.

We've been super fortunate in life.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I hate you all.
    you opened the flood gates. now you gotta swim.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Hey, Captain Morgan! Clean out your PM folder. It's full and I can't respond.

The kids are amazing to answer your question. They are made of rubber - stuff just bounces off. It was freaky/tricky early on, but we have all stabalized since.

We've been super fortunate in life.
    My bad bud. Glad to hear it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    My bad bud. Glad to hear it though.
    Thanks again for asking. ^_^
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    you opened the flood gates. now you gotta swim.
    An' here there be Cthulhu's, yaargh.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I don’t see how Thanos beats the whole group...their a bit tougher and more durable then say Thor corpse.
    I'd imagine that's a pretty low bar to set. Six feet under what's needed

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

An' here there be Cthulhu's, yaargh.

Extraordinary Member

Can comic book Thanos feel guilt? Does he at some level think that he has done wrong and deserves to be punished? Because if so he's vulnerable to Linda's angel powers. If not then he's not vulnerable. A character's invulnerability doesn't matter, only how they feel about themselves, and all it takes is a little bit of guilt deep down.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Can comic book Thanos feel guilt? Does he at some level think that he has done wrong and deserves to be punished? Because if so he's vulnerable to Linda's angel powers. If not then he's not vulnerable. A character's invulnerability doesn't matter, only how they feel about themselves, and all it takes is a little bit of guilt deep down.
    Thanos and guilt ? No.

Ghost Rider hit him with the Penance Stare recently, his response ?

Arx Inosaan

Thanos and guilt ? No.

Ghost Rider hit him with the Penance Stare recently, his response ?

At first I saw that and thought. “Huh. Cute.”

Then I realised it makes zero sense. The Penance Stare doesn’t choose what the regrets and sins of your life are - your own soul does. It’s perfectly logical to regret completely different things from other, non-sociopathic people, or to regret nothing whatsoever and be immune to the Penance Stare that way. But for those memories to be your favourite ones means they’re not the memories the Penance Stare would draw out in the first place. It’s like in this case the Penance Stare liked Thanos so much it drew out some memories for him to enjoy like an old-style holiday slideshow, rather than either finding the things Thanos does hate about himself or just finding nothing at all he regrets.

It’s a cute scene but it’s ultimately bullshit.

Then I realised it makes zero sense. The Penance Stare doesn’t choose what the regrets and sins of your life are - your own soul does. It’s perfectly logical to regret completely different things from other, non-sociopathic people, or to regret nothing whatsoever and be immune to the Penance Stare that way. But for those memories to be your favourite ones means they’re not the memories the Penance Stare would draw out in the first place. It’s like in this case the Penance Stare liked Thanos so much it drew out some memories for him to enjoy like an old-style holiday slideshow, rather than either finding the things Thanos does hate about himself or just finding nothing at all he regrets.
    Thaaat's.. not really how the Penance Stare works. The Penance Stare works, or should work, or most often works, by inflicting all the agony and suffering you have inflicted onto others, onto you, making you feel them. That's the usual idea of it.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-22-2019 at 02:30 AM.